Quantcast

***Moaderp GMT***

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!

Sort of a hit-or-miss weekend of sunshine and storms. I did very little of anything significant on Saturday. My son and I went fishing at the Eno River on Sunday, where the only thing biting seemed to be the mosquitoes. Stopped by Taco Bell for some chalupas. My son flipped out when his dared to show up with sour cream and tomatoes - so we took it out back, set some firecrackers under it, and blew up the chalupa.

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Decent weekend of relaxing around the house/backyard with the wife & mini-me.

Just a couple more days then family road trip vacation begins.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Big day for the oldest mini monkey yesterday. He learned to ride his bike well enough to go on our first ride around the block.

Last edited:

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Swim this morning. I am headed up to Mont-Tremblant later this week to play sherpa for two friends doing the Ironman Sunday. Should be a good time. I will bring my tri bike and ride my balls off up there for four days.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Didn't get to ride Saturday as we stayed in town and did community type things. Local car show was cool, ended up parking my car in it after a quick wipedown. Pooch did great with the crowd and other dogs. Then it rained before Sunday morning, but I was riding regardless.

Not a huge fan of leaving my truck where you are supposed to park (street parking near Gateway transit center, ie the hood), I will find an alternate location. But it is less than a mile to the trailhead from there and most of that is via the 205 pathway. But from the top there is a great trail that either leads you into the woods, or to the dirt jumps. I missed it my first ride down and didn't want to try it with the dog.

I started with the bike leash pole thing and the trail leading in she was downhill on the left. Then on the Cliff Trail she was uphill and it worked pretty damn well. I was really happy with how she was doing. So I took the pole off, put her on the 25' lead and we hit the skills course.

The only issue was she wanted to go straight through the burms. She cut me off a couple times. Then on the ladders, I thought she would run along the dirt, but she wanted to do the obstacles, too. It got too narrow and I got bumped off. She stayed on and even jumped off the drop at the end. :rofl:

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Haha it's the long weekend in Poland. I only go to work on 2 days this week. The GF is out on holiday so I'm just using the time to chill out, do some pumptrack riding, send cv to people. It's good.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. I'm not on service until this afternoon. Tasks for this morning:

- set up curl to download some PDFs
- …
- …
- maybe play with Python and R a bit to extract data from said PDFs, or maybe just faff off

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Also the pump track, while a cool concept, is VERY small and with about 4 laps, I was dizzy. The man made pieces are very cool, it just needs to be moar bigger.

example stolen from youtube:

Yossarian

Monkey Pimp
Jul 25, 2001
Aboard the Inchcliffe Castle
Had a good weekend. Friday night drinking on the patio since the temps dropped a wee bit with the sun. Saturday the family and friends all went to Senoia, Ga for a some get outta the city time, food, wine and Walking Dead tour. Cocktail party last night. Work today.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Had a big dang ol' high country ride with a pile of Monkies on Saturday. @Toshi posted a video, which turned out pretty dang good. Haven't been up high as much this year as I would like, so it was awesome to get out. Also, super happy that no one died, although @stoney did his best rag doll impersonation a couple times.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Had a big dang ol' high country ride with a pile of Monkies on Saturday. @Toshi posted a video, which turned out pretty dang good. Haven't been up high as much this year as I would like, so it was awesome to get out. Also, super happy that no one died, although @stoney did his best rag doll impersonation a couple times.
Reposting it here for ease of the viewz

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
It turns out I have pneumonia. I found it difficult breathing on my walk this morning. My friend drove me to the docs. They wanted me to go the hospital. I said no way.... I am at home now. They gave me some goofy juice for my coughing. So far so good.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
It turns out I have pneumonia. I found it difficult breathing on my walk this morning. My friend drove me to the docs. They wanted me to go the hospital. I said no way.... I am at home now. They gave me some goofy juice for my coughing. So far so good.

I hope some kind of antibiotics? Take care of yerself.

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
It's METAL MONDAY MOTHERFUCKERS!!!! (crank the volume for full effect) :rockout::rockout::rockout::rockout::rockout:

Got a Downieville trip queued up for Saturday. Lots of truck and bike work to be done before then.

So did you get any of the crashing on camera? Cause that's what matters :banana:

Is that on a Hero 5? I've had the same missing audio issue with mine a few times now.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
So did you get any of the crashing on camera? Cause that's what matters :banana:

Is that on a Hero 5? I've had the same missing audio issue with mine a few times now.
I only saw Stoney emerge from the thicket with new blood, well after the fact. Otherwise you know the ragdolling would be have been made into a GIF already. :D

Edit: and yes, Hero5 Black. Sometimes GPS doesn't work. Sometimes audio doesn't work. Gah.

Last edited:

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord

DEM BRAKES. DAT SQUEAL. :fie:

trail looked super sweet tho. jealous. i need to get a mountains ride in soon. there's talk of wife and kids going to durham later this week, and friday's wide open on my calendar right now . . . hmmmm

roflbox

roflborx
Jan 23, 2017
Raleigh, NC
DEM BRAKES. DAT SQUEAL. :fie:

trail looked super sweet tho. jealous. i need to get a mountains ride in soon. there's talk of wife and kids going to durham later this week, and friday's wide open on my calendar right now . . . hmmmm
let it be known if you are coming to durham