Quantcast

***Moanday GMT***

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
No flipping sub jobs today! Actually not awful because I have a "honey do" list from Sq-Earl and the girls that's a mile long! Alex (5 year old) made a case for moving into a larger bedroom (she's still in the room that was our nursery and it's the smallest of the 4 bedrooms in our house) so that's apparently my project! I also need to get some more firewood done. We cut a bunch of tree tops (left from the logging that we have been aging) and now I need to pick the piles up and bring them to the woodshed and stack them. I also need to make a batch of playdough for the kids class learning centers. Should be a great day!

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Morning. Sore all over from over doing it the last three days. Recap... Friday, set camp, hiked 11 miles saw one deer and shot a blue grouse, was good dinner. Saturday, hiked in 12 miles and blew it on a 35 yard shot on an elk, was looking for my arrow when I blew it again when a big hull ran right in front of me, hiked another 14 to get back to camp. On the way back two more blue grouse. Sunday.... Hiked/ explored a new trail which led me to walk again, was 16 miles in on a terribly damaged and nearly impassable trail when I decided not to shoot and turn around. On the way back..... Thunder and lightning started so broke camp and left.....

Good times, but I am sore. Heading out shortly to a different location for the day.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning. Sore all over from over doing it the last three days. Recap... Friday, set camp, hiked 11 miles saw one deer and shot a blue grouse, was good dinner. Saturday, hiked in 12 miles and blew it on a 35 yard shot on an elk, was looking for my arrow when I blew it again when a big hull ran right in front of me, hiked another 14 to get back to camp. On the way back two more blue grouse. Sunday.... Hiked/ explored a new trail which led me to walk again, was 16 miles in on a terribly damaged and nearly impassable trail when I decided not to shoot and turn around. On the way back..... Thunder and lightning started so broke camp and left.....

Good times, but I am sore. Heading out shortly to a different location for the day.
I would enjoy an elk hunt at some point in my life. I have only had elk jerky but it was delicious. Someday...

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!!

Fall temps!! No pumpkin spiced items in the house as of yet.....

Played a fantastic gig on Friday at the Chapel Hill/Carrboro junction. Lots of folks in town for a UNC home game, and we were outdoors - right next to a bus stop. Every 11 minutes, a new audience showed up.

Went fishing with my son on Sunday at a local pond. We had a great time on a beautiful day. Memories, yo.

Y'all go get at 'em. Nobody is going to do it for you.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
did projects on Saturday and took the wife out for her birthday. Yesterday I worked a horse show where it got stupid hot 109*

Back on the short bus and at 5am its already 75* so I figure another day of stupid hot is in store with the added bonus of a 30% chance of Thunderstorms this afternoon

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Morning monkeys. Nothing really new to report here in western NY.

My dad is waiting to hear back about his winter home down in Port Charlotte Florida. He's been texting with the neighbors down there and they'll go check on our house today. Fingers crossed that there is no major damage.

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine
Picked up a new to me used CX bike from a friend of mine over the weekend. My old one has served me well, but it was in need of replacement. And disc brakes on gravel bikes are frickin' sweet. Broke it in down in Acadia National Park by logging a bunch of miles on the carriage paths. I generally avoid the Island due the amount of people who flock there, but it sure is beautiful down there. Now I work....

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Verbal agreement yesterday to sell my travel trailer with the only catch being I have to haul it 20 miles down the road to the guy's house. One more journey my friend, one more journey, then it's good riddance!

9/11 :(

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hello, rock stars! It's Monday and it feels like one. My legs are pretty tired from racing yesterday. Speaking of which, Wife took this photo of me before the race yesterday. I am wearing the visor.....

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
what a mixed bag this weekend was. Friday night started great. In my court, there's at least 28 kids now. On Friday nights we often do "Friday night social" where we let the kids run amok, and the parents hang out drinking. Friday's was well attended and the kids were really happy. there was a pinata!

Saturday was friggin awful. I think the kids behaved as bad as they ever had. I had a bit of a freakout at the oldest, and grabbed him rather roughly, snatching him from his mothers arms... not my proudest moment. I think the boys are just really emotional as my youngest is starting in junior kindergarten, and the oldest is starting a new school. last week was the first full week. The seven year old was being a defiant little asshole and totally arrogant about it, and I pretty much snapped. He had a birthday party in the afternoon, with friends from his old school. I should have taken that privilege away, but I think it was more important for him to see his old friends, and realize that it's not all coming to an end than for me to "win" an argument... but still... god damn little asshole really friggin pushed me to the limit. I disappeared to the basement for a while to cool off, got my bars cut down to 770, changed the oil in my fork, and dropped the bars one spacer.

Sunday was much better. Did a big ride, in cool weather on hero dirt. Seriously, I think it was the best conditions we've had all year. And the changes I made to cockpit made a huge difference. I could get much more weight over the front wheel, and I was absolutely slaying corners, it was awesome. I totally clicked with the bike. In the afternoon, we did a family hike with the friend from Saturday and his family, and one of our new neighbours and his kid - who is the same age as my youngest. It was a glorious afternoon for a hike, the kids were really well behaved, and had a great time. Topped it off with ice cream in the small town where the forest is, and then tacos at home. All in all a great day.

Even getting them going this morning and biking to school went relatively well. It's a beautiful fall day today. cool and crisp, but nice and sunny.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkey.

Saturday was the 1st Annual "Bark in the Park" with doggo's at a Timbers B team match against SLC's B team. It rained a bit in order to make it a proper soccer match and was the highest attendance at any T2 game evar. Lots of money raised for the Oregon Humane Society, 0-0 match but some good play.

Abbey made friends with a grey Pit named Olivia who is the official Social Media darling for the Timbers. She had a cool GoPro harness that was aimed over her shoulder when she was sitting. It was damn cute. So many dogs, but no reported issues.

Other than hood rides with the pooch, not much saddle time sadly.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Last day of vacation, at home recovering from the awesome week I've had in Colorado. Gonna ride a little, otherwise I am planning to accomplish whole lot of nothing.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Did a bit of house shopping this weekend. Dinner with @Toshi crew Saturday was fun and I like his area, but Wifey isn't having it. One of her BFF's is in our area and despite being in a job that has her traveling 5 days a week for work, weekend trips to CA, her kid being 1 with a totally different schedule than ours, and only seeing her 3 times in the 10 months she's lived here, it's important that she lives close. :bonk: She complains about not having the 'city' aspect with lots of good, non-chain restaurants, ability to randomly run into people at hub social locations (as we did with Toshi), and distance from work - downtown. But close to friend beats all of that. New build in Toshi's hood or renovate in our hood for the same px... face + desk = me.

Climbed with Haley yesterday. She's a monkey.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Hello. It is Monday which means chaos to start with. 11am and I am just getting to sit down at my desk.

Got some new bike shoes yesterday, which I like. BUT, I think I have to admit that I got the wrong size. They felt great in the store, but the right shoe is just a smidgin too small. I'll be forked if I wear thicker socks. Will take a loss on those shoes (as I already have ridden in them, so no returning them @Toshi style), but its worth it to have shoes that fit correctly.

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
Saturday was exceptionally stokeful with a successful toilet replacement (so awesome the new one has a "pee" and a "poop" button - my daughter is working on some helpful graphics) and then a magnificent push bike experience, replete with corner dirt poofs, epileptic bar turns over sweet jumps and divine Fall weather. Tried to stay up with @roflbox to watch the Champs race, but couldn't make it to the end due to approaching coma sleep...But at least there was beer and fire -

Sunday started out well with dropping the kiddo off at the grandparents so moar woodland shennanigans could happen, but after a good ride with @roflbox , I opted for even more kidwoo inspired freeriding, which was a painful choice thanks to the above pictured asshound. My dog seemingly had known to GTFO when I'm hitting jumps, but for some reason he decided to get a great view of me landing the last jump by parking himself at the top of it. Saw him at last second and locked it up, and nose dived off the end of the ramp at an awkward slow jog pace. Full-on ground shoulder tackle and an elbow to the ribs dispelled my earlier stoketation needless to say. Turns out I most likely could've sailed over him had I just hit it as normal, but I just panicked when I saw him at the last second. But hey, that's why they make Marzens and ibuprofen...Sore as fuck today tho.

Gonna rain here for a couple days, but nothing like those poor bastards in FL and GA are getting.

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
Rather than partaking of @jackalope and @roflbox's shenanigans we moved this weekend. I am probably as sore as my geriatric dog loving buddy but mostly because I've picked up and put down everything we own several times. Add two sick kids and my mother-in-law in town to help and it's been a real treat. This weekend I intend to make a space fire to burn all unnecessary baby and child stuff and thereby reclaim my garage/man cave where I will drink all the beer I can fit in the garage fridge. On the bright side, we are out in the pseudo-country now. Dog and kids are beyond stoked and there are 100 acres of empty woods behind the house so some low profile trails will be installed this winter.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Rather than partaking of @jackalope and @roflbox's shenanigans we moved this weekend. I am probably as sore as my geriatric dog loving buddy but mostly because I've picked up and put down everything we own several times. Add two sick kids and my mother-in-law in town to help and it's been a real treat. This weekend I intend to make a space fire to burn all unnecessary baby and child stuff and thereby reclaim my garage/man cave where I will drink all the beer I can fit in the garage fridge. On the bright side, we are out in the pseudo-country now. Dog and kids are beyond stoked and there are 100 acres of empty woods behind the house so some low profile trails will be installed this winter.
whereabouts (roughly?)

spending most of the day (and probably evening) editing texts written in spanish and then translated into english. so I'm editing the english version to eliminate much of the mexican writer's florid prose that uses lots of words but either doesn't say anything or repeats what came a few sentences above in a slightly different form. then trying to go back into the spanish text and take out the parallel parts. and i don't speak spanish. so . . . yeah.

Last edited:

roflbox

roflborx
Jan 23, 2017
Raleigh, NC
plenty of space for a 26" bike parts stash

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
She complains about not having the 'city' aspect with lots of good, non-chain restaurants, ability to randomly run into people at hub social locations (as we did with Toshi), and distance from work - downtown.
The wife and I go back and forth about this. Part of us wishes we were closer to downtown for all the things we love about it, but part of us wants to get something in the woods because people suck. With the douchebag that bought Bob's house, the neighbor (ex zombie house) is currently on he market, and the other neighbor just had yet another kid. So the chance of us liking our neighbors more is strong since our current setup is weak. :rofl:

We could pocked 30% on our house right now, but that still doesn't get us jack unless we go further. I aint going further at this point.

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
whereabouts (roughly?)
Just in the woodsy are between Durham and Chapel Hill-there's a huge block of Duke Forest as well as 3 different preserves out there--nothing but woods and a few small neighborhoods. It's still a Durham address but we are in Orange County. Come by when you're in town!