Quantcast

***Moanday GMT***

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Just in the woodsy are between Durham and Chapel Hill-there's a huge block of Duke Forest as well as 3 different preserves out there--nothing but woods and a few small neighborhoods. It's still a Durham address but we are in Orange County. Come by when you're in town!
nice! lots of cool little neighborhoods off whitfield/mt.sinai rds area . . . but now you're not near the beer study anymore!!!

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Exceptional weekend of music. Bonobo sent the crowd to the boogie-sphere on Friday. Pato Baton at the Soul Rebel Music on Saturday was irie af.
Going camping next weekend. Just have to figure out where. :think:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Rather than partaking of @jackalope and @roflbox's shenanigans we moved this weekend. I am probably as sore as my geriatric dog loving buddy but mostly because I've picked up and put down everything we own several times. Add two sick kids and my mother-in-law in town to help and it's been a real treat. This weekend I intend to make a space fire to burn all unnecessary baby and child stuff and thereby reclaim my garage/man cave where I will drink all the beer I can fit in the garage fridge. On the bright side, we are out in the pseudo-country now. Dog and kids are beyond stoked and there are 100 acres of empty woods behind the house so some low profile trails will be installed this winter.
New pump track?

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Nevada, 2 hours from Mammoth
In about 3hrs, I start my first ever 2wk vacation. I really don't recall the last time I took any vacation longer than a week, not counting the time I spent down in New Zealand (had to get some side jobs to keep the pocketbook full-ish).

Sure hope the road construction home doesn't delay me too much.....

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
or the word's best creme brulee at nana's . . . or nana taco . . . or the thai place :( I was sad when my moms-in-law moved away from walking distance to that 'hood.
Yeah we are right off Mt Sinai. Gonna miss walking to those places but they are a 10 minute drive now so not the end of the world. With the kids we weren't taking full advantage of that location. Much more important that they grow up playing in the woods.

New pump track?
Too hilly I fear. Mini DH with jumps is gonna have to be good enough. Already got a line picked out :)

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
The wife and I go back and forth about this. Part of us wishes we were closer to downtown for all the things we love about it, but part of us wants to get something in the woods because people suck. With the douchebag that bought Bob's house, the neighbor (ex zombie house) is currently on he market, and the other neighbor just had yet another kid. So the chance of us liking our neighbors more is strong since our current setup is weak. :rofl:

We could pocked 30% on our house right now, but that still doesn't get us jack unless we go further. I aint going further at this point.
Property in the Gorge is cheap right now.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
I am totally adding "murderous sex robot" to my secret Santa list this year.
:panic:

Rode this afternoon, new rear tire day. Michelin Wild AM 2.35, it looks legit. I would not install that lizard footprints mess on the front but the tire is light (735g), fast rolling yet with a good bite and behaved so much more predictably than the old worn Slaughter it has replaced. Let's see how long it lasts and how it does in the slop that is coming.

Oh, and watched another 250+ lbs dude stop, unable to unclip and fall to the side. The ground shook a little. :doh:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
broke third s-pen for my note 5.....rethinking on getting note 8.....maybe LG V30....

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Starting to research graduate school... Weed farm is bunk and family business is shit. Working with family should only be advised for the suicidal.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Oh you have not had elk till you have a fresh cut piece of back strap on a stick over an open fire right after packing the whole thing out
All the Elk permits in Pennsylvania went to residents. No Elk here in NY. Cornfed Deer, and all the perch and trout you could ever want.. Turkey's everywhere. We got tags galore...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Survived surgery. The 3" incision and bone staples are fine, the fucking pin sticking out of my thumb hurts like a mother fucker.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
I already have two bachelor's degrees in dirt! My professors hated when I called it dirt.

And I definitely wrote papers on the best dirt composition for building jumps.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Riding the wind trainer tonight. NWS says we are taking over 120 lightning strikes per hour here. Lots of flashes, booms and cloudbursts seem to be backing that up. It would seem to be foolish to even consider a night ride at this point.