Quantcast

***Moanday GMT***

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Looking back, I see time spent at various gigs increasing over time - short span early jobs, three years in the Army, seven years at Draper Labs, four years at Simmonds Precision, thirteen years at Digital, then twenty three years at C2. Doing something useful was always a goal, salary a distant second, and "growth" not at all.
While I do agree with that, it seems it may have negatively affected my career due to lack of growth. I get it, I am an engineer who has been doing much of the same thing for the last 20 years. But at the same time, other folks have gone into management and while the money would be nice, I REALLY like doing what I do when I am allowed to do it.

I am just starting month 2 of funemployment, and while 30 days hasn't been a big deal, the fact that I haven't even had a phone interview is a little concerning. I am not a young engineer anymore and I am also a little expensive. I can see why other companies are looking at 2-3 interns with no bennies for less than my fat salary.

I did apply to Costco, because why not. I could be like Dane Cook, only my grandma is dead, as are my parents. So maybe not as hilarious as Dane Cook, yet still sad.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
in a few years you should be able to get your law degree there.
If it would pay off my student loans form my CS degree, I'd be down for it. Part of me wishes I would have tried a shady law school instead of a shady tech school. But I doubt it would have been much different.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
If it would pay off my student loans form my CS degree, I'd be down for it. Part of me wishes I would have tried a shady law school instead of a shady tech school. But I doubt it would have been much different.
you should look into Hollywood Upstairs Medical College for sure.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
*woosh*
:homer:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Canfield sadly informed me they are out of anodized frames so I am taking an orange powder coated one instead. Who's joining my club of silly color hardtails? :D

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
OMG. Somebody brought in chocolate covered Twinkies. So good. And... I feel like shit now.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Oh, I got the reference, I just struggled with who I give as references. I figured certain ex-coworkers would be less judgey.

There are a few spots open now in my actual line of work, but I may have to take a pay cut. Like 10%+ and that SUCKS.

KenW449

Thanos did nothing wrong
Jun 13, 2017
Floating down the whiskey river...
Fuck Football. I spent my weekend outside camping and doing things vs sitting inside watching people do things outside. Weather was great!
New Straddle stacker/ Forklift arrived at work today. Needed A forklift to unload it, which took forever to get because the people we usually borrow it from were not there, so i s̶t̶o̶l̶e temporarily reallocated it.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
I'd wager it'll be done by the time you get to Frisco and will be sunny when you get to Vail.

This season sucks.

:rant:
You sir, are not incorrect. There is next to no snow here. It's sad.

Per @Nick I did manage to procure two 1lb blocks of Purl ski wax (purple and blue) in Breck when we stopped to eat. So that was a win.

The bad news is we found the leak, and we are grade A, fucked. :dead:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
You sir, are not incorrect. There is next to no snow here. It's sad.

Per @Nick I did manage to procure two 1lb blocks of Purl ski wax (purple and blue) in Breck when we stopped to eat. So that was a win.

The bad news is we found the leak, and we are grade A, fucked. :dead:
drain all the fluid and the leak will stop.