Quantcast

***Moanderp GMT***

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
///mountains ///monday = great success! 3500' up, 3500' down. recent torrential rains didn't hurt the trails at higher elevations that we rode too much. many eroded gullies. many rox smashed. new derailleur needed and ordered. scary smashing sound i was sure was a babyhead destroying mah crabons was, instead, the sound of my bottom bracket protector doing its job and being destroyed. creek beers and smiles. fuck yeah, bikes.

hey, @canadmos - remember that last steep, blown out trail we hit that your buddy went otb on? imagine how fun that was after the area got 10+ inches of rain over the past 5 days! :D

Last edited:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Finishing off a long weekend with a g&t on my couch. Rode this morning, then hiked with the kids and another family in the afternoon. It's super nice out. I have that "sun glow" going on. (or is it the g&t?)

About to grill some sausages and a flank steak in a cast iron pan.

Twas a good weekend in the end!

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Oh man, I think I"m going to go grab some skirt steak for the grill and make up some tacos, post-ride. :drool:
I've never been a huge fan of the flank steak, I never get it cooked right.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
I still have my new job but I cannot shake the feeling that boss is from Venus and I am from Mars. I am Le tired and it's only Monday.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
How do you do your flank steak?
I marinate mine for 24 hours in teriyaki glaze, ginger and garlick, and grill for 5-10 minutes...
Oh man, I think I"m going to go grab some skirt steak for the grill and make up some tacos, post-ride. :drool:
I've never been a huge fan of the flank steak, I never get it cooked right.
Cooking it right is key. I'm not sure what it is about flank steak, but I love the flavour and texture. I simply do mine with salt and pepper. The key is the cast iron pan. Sear that sucker, then flip it 2x. Cook on medium heat to a bit beyond rare and let rest a good 10 minutes before slicing. :drool:
I have to say, the best flank steak I ever had, I cooked on a charcoal grill using mesquite bricks. Sooo damn good. I drank the juices of the resting plate. Everyone thought I was a freak...

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
What in the...

Not only did a sharkbite coupling in my wall just break, but going out to see if the local hardware store was open (its not), I then locked myself out of my apartment. Good thing I keep my window unlocked. But now I have to fix a screen and a pipe... :twitch:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
///mountains ///monday = great success! 3500' up, 3500' down. recent torrential rains didn't hurt the trails at higher elevations that we rode too much. many eroded gullies. many rox smashed. new derailleur needed and ordered. scary smashing sound i was sure was a babyhead destroying mah crabons was, instead, the sound of my bottom bracket protector doing its job and being destroyed. creek beers and smiles. fuck yeah, bikes.

hey, @canadmos - remember that last steep, blown out trail we hit that your buddy went otb on? imagine how fun that was after the area got 10+ inches of rain over the past 5 days! :D
I will never forget that. :D

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Dude killed by a mountain lion over the weekend worked at a bike shop a few blocks from my house. Pretty sure I bought a chain from him last year, we talked about backcountry rides.