Quantcast

***moanderp GMT***

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Just heading to bed ready for Tuesday. Really cold here atm, although still significantly above 0°C it feels colder than a Danish winter’s day somehow. Heat pumps working a little harder than normal. At least the persistent deluges have stopped.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Hmmm 15% off a Manitou Mara Pro shock from NZ, sounds like it will possibly be bad for the frame I am getting but it is in stock.......
We have a distributor in Australia but they are a bunch of useless tits.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Boo Monday. Hosted a Father's Day celebration with the family yesterday, so that was nice.

Plenty of stuff to do this week, both at my day job and at my not day job.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Hand doesn't appear to be broken and I can walk without limping this morning, so I'll count myself lucky. Crossing fingers for the lady cyclist from yesterday that she survives, recovers and gets to have her day in court against her attacker.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
I think old age kicked in today, I got an inch long split in the skin on the sole of my hoof.
How the shit does that happen?
Maybe it's where Monkeypox starts........

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Took the day off before corp announced it's now a holiday, so that worked out ok. Back is tweaked moving rocks on Saturday, but still trying to take the motos out if the weather holds..

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
Got up early to go ride lifts @ Thunder. Glad I double checked their site for hours, as turns out they aren't opening Mondays until *next* week. Went back to bed.

Coffee on the deck with the pooch. Riding later.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Shall be dropping off the two elder kids at Keystone for a weeklong overnight camp. They are so old now

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Sitting at a different building for half of today. Currently at one of the IT desks and its a shitshow of cables and junk on it, can barely see the desk. And so much cardboard and broken crap on the floor. How do people work like this? And when others see the office of chaos, it can't be too confidence inspiring.

Oh well. Coffeeing it now.

Last edited:

Poops McDougal

moving to australia
May 30, 2007
Central California
Back at work. *thumbsdownfartnoise*

Have a lot on my mind today; I have an interview with a design/build contractor/developer tomorrow evening. This firm offered me a position last year, but my company beat their offer to keep me around. However, it's been 8 months, and my company hasn't exactly delivered on all the promises they made. I like the other company quite a bit, but it's a bad time to switch teams.... Maybe a solo road ride is in the cards tonight.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
It's nice to have my crew back at home although my lovely spouse did not approve of my lack vacuuming while she was gone.

Coming off three days of bikes in a row and I would do it again!

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
woke up at 2am from a nightmare, also felt sick. finally managed to get back to sleep. woke up still feeling crappy, called in sick and went back to bed. up now, feeling a bit better but need to get some more to eat than the banana and glass of oj i already had. suspect i just ran myself into the ground over the week and needed some extra rest.

Last edited:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
The DH DHR2 tyre I installed tubeless with insert on Saturday appears to be leaking air like a MF. Even the sidewalls appear to be against retaining air...

So much for still thinking about taking this afternoon off and going for first DH runs of the year.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Getting Juneteenth off now. Celebrated with a ride. I think I need a new lever body tho, boo.

1655744274532.png

Dumb slide out on a dirt road after all sorts of back trail soppy mayhem, too. Grrrr. More annoyed at more fresh scabs than anything.

But that's the second time the lever blade has pulled out of the body. I think the circlip groove is dead from having the hardware ripped out of it. TRP was cool about discounting a crash replacement so far...quick call, following up with purchase on email.

Made chimichurri and cheese eggs on mini croissants when I got home tho. Chopped a dried Scotch Bonnet from the yard up into them. Tasty. Now 2nd coffee and one of my daughter's cupcakes to follow.

1655744430575.png

lovebunny

can i lick your balls?
Dec 14, 2003
San Diego, California, United States
Day off for Juneteenth, still taking care of some minor reports and such to ease the workload for the rest of the week. My former boss just slaughtered a bunch of chickens over the weekend so he is having a BBQ this afternoon.

Just submitted my application to be on the Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Committee for Campbell, CA. I Find out if I got it in August.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Taught Haley how to pot outdoor plants today. She gets to finish the planters in the front and on the deck once she finishes lunch (late day).

She's interested in planting a garden new year, so up for discussion with Wifey. That will require boxes and framed coverings because of the deer, so lots of work. Still need to xeriscape front yard, which will be a next spring project.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Taught Haley how to pot outdoor plants today. She gets to finish the planters in the front and on the deck once she finishes lunch (late day).

She's interested in planting a garden new year, so up for discussion with Wifey. That will require boxes and framed coverings because of the deer, so lots of work. Still need to xeriscape front yard, which will be a next spring project.
Does she like weeding? I've got hours of work during the summer for her :D

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Bought my kiddo an ebike. (He's actually paying 1/3). We built it up together, he took it for one ride and said 'no way'. He is used to my $4k Haibike. He said he couldn't even get it to maintain 16 mph on flat ground with no wind.
Said he's up for chipping in double for a proper one that goes 28. I actually understood completely.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
New portable AC unit was shutting itself off and restarting today. I called customer support and they said return it (still in the Home Depot return window). Of course I plugged it into a different outlet and reset it and it’s been running fine since. I’m not entirely convinced the unit is faulty, and it could be the outlet and my old building wires.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
its 95 out, screw riding. I'm gonna get up early and go for a ride in the dark when it will be in the 60s. It's supposed to hit over 100F for the rest of the week so AM rides are my only option. Lights are charged and mounted on the bike.
2400 lumen spot/flood on the bar and 1200 lumen spot on the helmet
20220620_175809.jpg

Last edited: