Quantcast

Moar SHIMMMZZZ (Grip edition)

Josef

Monkey
Apr 17, 2013
Its definitely some sort of 6 bar linkage. Apparently Revolution doesnt want to release their exact curves until it reaches the market however.... Guaranteed to be a game changer however.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Nope. The ends on them don't look very knee friendly

And $100+ for a pack of shims and rubber? Come on.

Carraig042

me 1st
Apr 5, 2011
East Tennessee
I think the grips are a good concept and I could see them helping with long days at the bike park. I would give them a shot, but that starting cost....

-Brett

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
And then we can do the same for seatposts, pedals, wheel axles, and stems.

saruti

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
Israel
actually, they are great.
I ride with no gloves. and its very comfortable and dont move.
I was skeptical at first. but now I cant ride with anything else.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Those things were terrible in the 90's. Must now be Vintage Retro and indispensable to Hipsters who never ride fast enough to sweat. Do they come with Ritchey mustache wax and a comb or is that separate ?
I have them on my winter fatbike/summer 29er. They are great and in the winter, they help to reduce heat-transfer, which makes hands warmer. No complaints in the summer (use the bike for racing).

xy9ine

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
vancouver eastside
i'm using esi silicone foam grips right now - surprisingly effective at reducing hand fatigue / pump, etc. takes off the edge. nice & grippy too (i usually ride sans gloves).

MinorThreat

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2005
Nine Mile Falls, WA
Designed by a computer you say???

>snip<
Haha. They actually worked quite well for me; raced two or three seasons of motocross with them back in the day. But there were no neutral opinions about them: they were either super-loved or super-hated. Most of it boiled down to whether or not you got them glued into position 'just right' on initial setup.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Haha. They actually worked quite well for me; raced two or three seasons of motocross with them back in the day. But there were no neutral opinions about them: they were either super-loved or super-hated. Most of it boiled down to whether or not you got them glued into position 'just right' on initial setup.
Yeah that looks very rotational-placement specific. I do remember those on some friends' bmx bikes. I remember kind of hating them.

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
When I rode a lot of lift access, the answer for arm issues, was DO MORE RUNS. I also used a lame guitar center hand exerciser during the long winter.

I also feel like the arm and deathgrip issues are a lot better for most of us with current-level suspension compared to BITD.

OTOH, I do think there are some dudes out there that have a really, mega, crazy-type of arm pump trouble that has nothing to do with how fit their upper body is, or how much they ride. That sounds like a crummy syndrome to have, and I'd probably buy magnetically-enhanced, shimmed grips too, in desperation.

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
I have zero arm pump in one arm, and crazy arm pump in the other. If I could only put my finger on why that is...

Last edited:

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
I have zero arm pump in one arm, and crazy arm pump in the other. If I could only put my finger on why that is...
You, me, and everybody have asymetries and spine deviations towards their dominating hand. Your dominating arm is longer, leading the other one to compensate and work harder. I have scholiosis on top of that natural condition, so I have to do asymetric workouts or I end up with my left arm in pieces after a long day of downhill.