Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'The West' started by Adventurous, Mar 9, 2016.
Many strenuous. Very shuttle.
Please register to disable this ad.
In. Just need to confirm Friday off.
If a part of the group decides to head down Thursday just let me know and I'll reserve the campsite for an additional night.
I'm thinking Friday morning to set up camp and squeeze in a ride, then wait for you yahoos to show.
I'm fine leaving late Thursday or ass-early Friday. I can be packed and ready to leave HR by 6pm, assuming it's a 3 hour drive we're there by 10.
Friday morning works better. Easy drive, setup camp, ride/eat/drink wait for the other. BOOSH!
I was originally planning on the Monarch Park Campground however that may have to change based upon the following note:
"Attention: Please note reservation rules have changed for Monarch Park Campground for 2016. There will be no reservations in 2016 due to road conditions accessing the campground. The campground will be open, however, all campsites will be available on a first-come, first-served basis only."
Depending upon what vehicles we are taking we could still use that campground as I'm sure that may deter some folks. I can't say I'd mind the peace and quiet.
I could be a maybe with wifey, we'd been talking about doing a week in Crested Butte and then hitting Monarch Crest on the way back in late August. Last time we rode MC in late September 2014 the snow up top got so bad we bailed down the road from Marshall Pass skipping the other singletrack sections.
Heyyyy...we were there after that snow. IIRC. We managed Agate Creek and then bailed and shuttled Starvation.
Was that the one time we... ? Oh wait, you weren't there. That was some other circus, those were some other monkeys.
The circus - it is often similar around the Front Range. Many, MANY dumb monkeys in these parts.
Cool! The more the merrier. I'll put you guys down in the maybe column.
After the snow could have been fun, being up top on the crest in the middle of the snow gave pause for concern.
I'd imagine. It was fucking COLD.
Beat me to it.
We did. And received Agate Creek as the prize.
Hey @SkaredShtles you know me and Bobby are thinking about going back towards Lake City this summer. Gonna find/explore Deep Creek and hit a little redux on Snow Mesa > Miner's Creek. Maybe you want in on that?
Hmmmm... hmmmm... have you and I discussed this Deep Creek nonsense before? Because that has been on the "list" for a couple years now.
I like where you are going with this and would like to subscribe to your newsletter.
Don't let @Full Trucker catch you talkin' like that. He hates that trail.
Hate is such a strong word.
Thought that sounded a little familiar, I'd bookmarked this a while back for future exploring:
I'm always a fan of a good day out if there's a group putting something together.
Have done a longer variation of that one a couple times now. That ride is a quality shuttle.
Oh, Frank's Blog... I have much mixed emotions for that thing. It has oft been a source of inspiration for stupidity.
I just stumbled across this thread despite the fact that I'm tagged in at least one post. I'll say I'm a solid maybe. Deciding factors will be 1: spousal approval and 2: time off. I'd have to basically take a whole work week off and I'm already having to do that for NoDak, plus various summer time family trips, so I might be short on vacation time. I'll know more as we get closer.
///Jeep can probably handle it, can haul 4 bikes, 4 people, but not all their gear, so if we can figure logistics I'm okay with that.
Down for a solid maybe.
I can haul sufficient gear in my truck but only have two actual seats so that would work. Unless someone wants to nap on the mattress I have in the bed. Then I can carry 4 normal sized individuals or 2 normal + 1 fetal position wookie.
Solid Maybe+, as I was informed last night that the girls are most likely both back in school by then. Sounds like my only limiting factor as of now will be vacation time. Depending on how much I burn the next 2 months, I'll be in.
Snowing on top of the pass this afternoon.
I would greatly appreciate if the snow could just stop. Luckily we are still 2 months out.
Snow now is good for conditions in August. Trust me on this.
@JohnE, read this thread.
Yes @JohnE. Come. Have fun!
I might have to bail. It will depend on how house stuff shakes out.
How's it shakin? Still stuck in the quagmire that is an insurance claim?
On hold as I type this. Unfortunately, I am definitely out for this ride. Roofer coming out wednesday, window guy on friday, and I'm still waiting on an electrician to call me back about my breaker panel.
Uh... you pay them so they can work at your convenience. Just tell them SM said so.