Quantcast

>>> Monday .... Booking a flight online is fun .... GTM <<<

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Flight to NYC booked. Swiss Air. I flew with them the last time and it was a good experience so giving it a try again. Actual cost of flights theses days is impossible to compage between meals, seat booking cost, baggage cost etc. Hate the experience of travel from booking to the whole experience in airports and on the plane.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
hey bitches

turns out trying to do sweet spot intervals less than 24h after a long hard ride is a bad idea. I tapped out after the first interval, 2x12 and before the sprints at the end. Oh well

off to work, hopefully WfH this afternoon.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hey peanuts! I ran 10 miles before work....beautiful running weather (50 degrees with low humidity). Fall is almost here. Leaves and acorns are falling, and the trees are changing colors. Best time of the year!

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Poured a cup of coffee here and took a swig...only to realize its cold as fuck and nasty. Probably sitting there since Saturday? WTF, its almost 9am, get it together engineering department!

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
hey bitches

turns out trying to do sweet spot intervals less than 24h after a long hard ride is a bad idea. I tapped out after the first interval, 2x12 and before the sprints at the end. Oh well

off to work, hopefully WfH this afternoon.
You get points from me for trying. I have more or less giving up on doing anything until I get back from the US mid next month and I am sure the collarbone is ready for action again. I think I will join the gym again. Actually like having that as an option on crappy days.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
:wave:

Fall is definitly in the air. Might go ride after work. Should probably consider waxing the skis.
I think Evans has got fresh snow on it this morning, not sure. The divide is still covered in cloud.

Tired after yesterday's ride.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
You get points from me for trying. I have more or less giving up on doing anything until I get back from the US mid next month and I am sure the collarbone is ready for action again. I think I will join the gym again. Actually like having that as an option on crappy days.
ha, thanks. This was a perfect example of why rest and recovery is important, and why you can't just work harder all the time. lesson lernt.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
:wave:

Fall is definitly in the air. Might go ride after work. Should probably consider waxing the skis.
fall is indeed afoot. cooler at nights, but still sunny and warm during the day. visited my aunt yesterday for what will be the last pool party of the summer.

back pain is subsiding finally.

my winter prep consists of getting firewood sorted out, charging my headlights and digging the winter gear clothes out from the bottom of the gear bin. until then its the bright orange riding gear.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Flight to NYC booked. Swiss Air. I flew with them the last time and it was a good experience so giving it a try again. Actual cost of flights theses days is impossible to compage between meals, seat booking cost, baggage cost etc. Hate the experience of travel from booking to the whole experience in airports and on the plane.
Swissair ceased operations in 2002. You are flying Swiss :P

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Still no actual cold weather on the forecast for the next 10 days... which is good, 'cause some of the *monstrous* tomatoes have finally started to ripen. I think 10 days should be sufficient to get them ripe and in mah belly.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
ha, thanks. This was a perfect example of why rest and recovery is important, and why you can't just work harder all the time. lesson lernt.
Not sure if you went and got a Whoop band or what, but tracking HRV is good for things like this. I use the HRV4Training iOS app, which uses the camera on the phone. (It's validated as accurate as compared to Polar chest straps.) Low HRV day == light day.

/me is not working today but is backup in case something befalls other people, so I'll bum around home and do some more research work

Wingnut

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2003
Sorry, I'm Canadian ..sorry...
Here.

Election day, here's hoping the west doesn't get effed again....

Also, water main broke outside work, no running water, and I'm 3 coffee's deep. Might have to make a run to A&W.

at 1am the one of the hallway smoke detectors decided to tell me that it was time to change the battery. what a way to ruing a good nights sleep.
The. Worst.

Thankfully ours are all hardwired...

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Not sure if you went and got a Whoop band or what, but tracking HRV is good for things like this. I use the HRV4Training iOS app, which uses the camera on the phone. (It's validated as accurate as compared to Polar chest straps.) Low HRV day == light day.

/me is not working today but is backup in case something befalls other people, so I'll bum around home and do some more research work
This is what I want to track...not activities, but sleep HRV and a few other metrics (skin temp would be cool, SPO2 doesn't seem to offer much insight)

I haven't gotten anything yet, the whoop 4 is delayed, considering a used Oura ring and a fitbit luxe. My vivosmart is still hanging in there, but it thought I went to bed last night at 845 instead of staying up playing Horizon until 940...

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada

Bunch of fucking snowflakes.
The question wording sucked huge, but the idea behind the question is valid.
I just seems to me that anything single item that can be taken as a criticism seems to seen as an attack on the entire culture - just more toys out the pram.

I have an idea. Lets make the Bloc a true federal party. They must run candidates in lets say 75% of ridings nationwide to be taken seriously as a federal party, not just a quebec spanner.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Sure, though I can deal with the tired. Tired is something I'm used to. What I can't deal with are people saying, "oh don't you look tired" and trying to offer their two cents when I didn't ask for it. Leave me be people.