Quantcast

***Monday GMT***

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Morning Monkies! No day off for me, I will be pushing paper within the hour. No excitement on the horizon for the upcoming week other than waiting for e*13 tires I ordered after thinking about them for nine months... I'm hoping they will change my perceived skill level from hack to hack+.

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
Fun weekend with some good riding--buddy had 2 go pros at the trails yesterday so we shall see how pathetic we all look in comparison to our mental image of ourselves.

Woke up in the middle of the night and found both hands in my pants. As opposed to the usual reason, they had somehow noticed that I had a tick on my nutsack and were alerting me to its presence. Ticks in February--FTS. Removed that bastard post haste but not looking forward to the week of surreptitious ball scratching ahead of me. I guess that's the price of 70 degree weather for most of the winter...

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Am here at work...sick most of weekend as were kidz. Worked on bikes in the backyard, 50 degrees, sunny and all.

UPDATE: oldest is going to Dr...strep? Yay.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Here at work, no shits given about the President ('s Day) here. Worked some more on the camper this weekend and discovered, after almost putting my foot through the floor, that the water heater tank was masking some pretty good floor cancer. Spent most of yesterday ripping out the remains of the floor and the joists. Oh well.

Brought the bike to work today. Have an appointment at the eye doctor so I'll make use of the early work release to make my life great again.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hey now then! I got out for two rides on the tri bike over the weekend. Hooray 55 degrees!!

Wife and I spent yesterday afternoon removing all the carpet and carpet glue from the basement floor...prep work for a new hardwood floor we're having installed. Our basement isn't huge...800 sq feet. But scraping the carpet glue was tiring as hell, not to mention it killed my back. I'm glad it's done though. I can't wait for the basement to get finished. The carpet was from 1960 and needed to go. It's going to feel like a whole new room.

Soooo, my swim this morning was sluggish. My arms were frikkin shot. I got 3000 yards done though.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
School is closed, so I'm home. Went to Avs game laat night, which was fun. Haley loved it. Off to the zoo today.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Forgot today was actually Monday, as no work.

Breakfast sandwich consumed. Sore from two days of riding in a row (yesterday was just a trailer ride with the kiddo).

Gonna get myself together, have another cup of coffee, and take the kid hiking.

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Nevada, 2 hours from Mammoth
Rain, rain, and, oh yes, more rain. Snow levels above 7000', lots of rain in the valley. Time to get any sort of bike out, get it muddy, then leave it until I get home from work to wash off the crusties.......

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
kept waking up due to cramping/sore shoulder muscles from two days of road riding in heavy wind and rain, It was an Ibuprofen night as it were. Off today but its pouring rain with flood warnings and a high wind warning. I will try to motivate myself to do a gym workout.

But first Coffee must be consumed

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

So much rain, wow. A ton of water everywhere. Still don't have a dog, I think the wife is ready to hurt someone because people won't return calls or answer email. I found a dog not too far that we might go look at that is 7 months. Rottie mom, Rhodesian Ridgeback dad, might be a little bigger, but a great mix and cute pup. Work today, semi-quiet office is nice.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Not a holiday for me, but took the day off.
Wife and I had a big ride planned, but the excessively strong winds might cause issues with that plan...

8" of fresh snow at Copper overnight will keep our visitors happy today.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hi all. I'm on research time all day. There's a section meeting on the calendar at noon but I just emailed my section chief to figure out if it's really happening. If not then I shall FTS from the comfort of my basement couch all day.

:banana:

Worked some more on the camper this weekend and discovered, after almost putting my foot through the floor, that the water heater tank was masking some pretty good floor cancer.
Camper still a good deal overall despite the amputations and rebuilding necessary?

Wife and I spent yesterday afternoon removing all the carpet and carpet glue from the basement floor
Why does IAB not believe in division of labor?

Went to Avs game laat night, which was fun. Haley loved it. Off to the zoo today.
Props for the zoo. Did you think it was excessively loud at the Avs game? I did, but I'm a sensitive flower.

8 days in schlongmont in march....no snow...
You going to share your grumpiness with us locals over a beer?

Wife and I had a big ride planned
Do you ever not have a huge ride planned for the day? :thumb:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Section meeting officially not happening, thus I am officially not going to set foot on campus today.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Back to some POW

Mountain Weather Forecast for Today
After a brief lull this morning, southwesterly flow will bring the next round of moisture to the region starting this afternoon. Cloud cover and precipitation intensity will increase through the day, and moderate to heavy snowfall is expected by this even
Temperature Forecast for 8,000´-9,000´: Rising into the mid to upper 20s.
Ridge Top Wind Forecast for 10,000´: Increasing to 20 to 30 miles per hour out of the southwest
Snowfall Expected Next 24 Hours: 10 to 15

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Toshi said:
Props for the zoo. Did you think it was excessively loud at the Avs game? I did, but I'm a sensitive flower.
Not really. It was relatively empty though. Haley loved it.
We have a membership to the Denver Zoo and Nature and Science museum. We're at Cheyene though.

Last edited:

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Fun weekend with some good riding--buddy had 2 go pros at the trails yesterday so we shall see how pathetic we all look in comparison to our mental image of ourselves.

Woke up in the middle of the night and found both hands in my pants. As opposed to the usual reason, they had somehow noticed that I had a tick on my nutsack and were alerting me to its presence. Ticks in February--FTS. Removed that bastard post haste but not looking forward to the week of surreptitious ball scratching ahead of me. I guess that's the price of 70 degree weather for most of the winter...
"Pants", who the Hell wears pants to bed ?

Just wear some camo gear, no one will notice the ball scratching.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
just dropped off my rear Mavic Cosmic Elite road bike wheel at the shop to have the freehub body cleaned and regreased. the sucker was dragging badly when I pulled it out of storage and checked it. I am looking forward to riding on some lightweight aero wheels again vs my winter training set. 20 spoke deep dish bladed spoke radial front, X2 drive side rear vs 36 spoke 14 gauge winter wheels

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
I went to the gym. I was prepared for a mid-week, mid-day excursion in Hollywood, expecting the usual assortment of clown suits, over the top hairdos, and bra busting implants. I was even prepared for finding myself on an elliptical machine next to Ron Pearlman. What almost made me fall off that machine was when Pauly Shore walked up to Ron, for a brief chat. I was struck by the absurdity of it all, and could barely contain my giggles.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
I went to the gym. I was prepared for a mid-week, mid-day excursion in Hollywood, expecting the usual assortment of clown suits, over the top hairdos, and bra busting implants. I was even prepared for finding myself on an elliptical machine next to Ron Pearlman. What almost made me fall off that machine was when Pauly Shore walked up to Ron, for a brief chat. I was struck by the absurdity of it all, and could barely contain my giggles.
Have you considered a career change to a paparazzi, yet?

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
well the shit just hit the fan. I am about 1/2 mile from a major Alameda Creek tributary

The National Weather Service in The San Francisco Bay Area has issued a

Flash Flood Warning for... South central Alameda County in northern California...
Until 430 PM PST Monday
At 1022 AM PST, stream gages on Alameda Creek are reporting rapidly rising water levels which have surpassed local flood stages in Niles Canyon and in the upper watershed above the Sunol Regional Wilderness. Forecast streamflow suggest water levels will continue to rise into Moderate Flood category. Additionally, social media reports indicate rockfalls and slope stability issues in the area.
Some locations that will experience flooding include... Niles Canyon, areas near Alameda Creek and local tributary creeks.

I'm in the bright yellow area between Oakland and Fremont inside the green flood warning box

Last edited:

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Huh. TIL Pauly Shore is still alive.