Quantcast

***Monday GMT***

Wingnut

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2003
Sorry, I'm Canadian ..sorry...
Hello.

Not going to lie, making it through this week at old job will be a stretch......

New job day next tuesday, could use a few days to get organized...

And by organized, I mean ride my bike. Hit the trails yesterday for a few hours, big bike and all, climbed ok and didn't bite it once!!

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
unless you have kids there's absolutely no rational basis for you to be "taking turns" buying bikes. hell, you could probably get a deal from a shop if you bought 2.
Wife is throwing around some bullshit about wanting to get the house reroofed and the bathroom remodeled, and having to still pay for the basement remodel that was recently done.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Wife is throwing around some bullshit about wanting to get the house reroofed and the bathroom remodeled, and having to still pay for the basement remodel that was recently done.
come january when my daughter goes to daycare, our monthly payment for daycare will exceed our mortgage. shut the fuck up.

:busted:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Well that sucks. Body shop (and by extension local shops as well) says they are scheduling repairs for May 2018. Looks like I'll be traveling a little bit if I want my truck fixed any time soon.

Last edited:

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
"GET OFF THE FLIPPIN COURSE!"

Injury Update: My jonKranked is three different colors (purple, eggplant purple, and some sort of rouge) half my thigh is yellow and green and I have a pretty sizable hematoma in my crotch. Any one have any advice on how to deal with this hematoma situation? Not that I can do much about it till the actual wound heals.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
headed back from fairly productive team meeting. effing terrapin taproom closed on mondays.

old course at beech was fun; i've heard new is even funnerer. it's def close in the woods. watched gwin win natl's there a while back.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Just got the estimate for Haley's powder coat back: $125 frame/fork, $40 fork only. Given the budget for the bike is $200 and we're in $100, I think she's going to have to chip in from the piggy bank if she wants it pink.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
you/we get what we "asked" for...no bitching. you just wait it. the. fuck. out. now
Haley's in public kindergarten next year. It's still $650/m with before/after school, but still $400 less. 1st grade won't cost anything and she can walk home with the neighbors then, so that's brings us to $300/m with before/after school

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
"GET OFF THE FLIPPIN COURSE!"

Injury Update: My jonKranked is three different colors (purple, eggplant purple, and some sort of rouge) half my thigh is yellow and green and I have a pretty sizable hematoma in my crotch. Any one have any advice on how to deal with this hematoma situation? Not that I can do much about it till the actual wound heals.

Lol what the flip was up with that last person? Just slammed into the rock and then rolled with their arm IN the rock crack...

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
You have me confused on this one... $1,000 is nothing for a mtge around here. I could rent my place for $2,500, bank rolling the majority and then buy another house to live in - which I want to do, but can't get Wifey on board with for some reason.
... because your mortgage is so low. Assumption of good equity.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
You have me confused on this one... $1,000 is nothing for a mtge around here. I could rent my place for $2,500, bank rolling the majority and then buy another house to live in - which I want to do, but can't get Wifey on board with for some reason.
Talking to your Mrs. over the weekend ... she is more than ready to move into a big ol' house south of you!

Also, spray paint that bike. If you take the time to do good prep it'll be more than adequate for the rising 5yo racer.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Talking to your Mrs. over the weekend ... she is more than ready to move into a big ol' house south of you!

Also, spray paint that bike. If you take the time to do good prep it'll be more than adequate for the rising 5yo racer.
1. Tell me about it... like we really need another 1000ft2 when we don't even use our basement.

2. I'm doing a second (or 5th) round of paint remover right now. I'll run with scotchbrite pattern to start with and then gauge painting the whole frame. We'll pick out her fork color later this week and paint one evening. I'm hoping to get it all ready by Saturday (I might need to meet you at the office for levers).

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
1. Tell me about it... like we really need another 1000ft2 when we don't even use our basement.

2. I'm doing a second (or 5th) round of paint remover right now. I'll run with scotchbrite pattern to start with and then gauge painting the whole frame. We'll pick out her fork color later this week and paint one evening. I'm hoping to get it all ready by Saturday (I might need to meet you at the office for levers).
if you're patient with a rattle can - and put down a primer, yes, actual primer, not that paint with primer nonsense - you'll end up with a really good end result.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Both the woodpecker and the weasel survived, if I recall correctly...

We had weasels at our fishing spot. We would throw small brownies to them. Vicious little bastards. I suspect the Eagles got them. Bald Eagle population is exploding here, Weasel population not so much.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
The only thing good about the CTD was the climb mode, and that's a bunch of crap.
I stopped servicing forks because of that CTD shit. To qualify Terralogic was BS too. How many proprietary tools do I need to have on hand to service your bike? Service your dropper post for a 6 pack?? I don't think so....