Quantcast

***Monday GMT***

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Got a ride home yesterday. Spare tube I thought I was carrying turned out to have several snake bit punctures and was trash. Tried to repair the tube that took the roofing staple but it wouldn't hold. Turned out just as well, it was raining like a MF'er at the airport when it was time to come home. Oh well, next weekend I'll try again.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
my calfs kept cramping up last night, must have been the ride in the heat, slamming down some gatoraid before coffee this am. Going to be stupid hot all week so any rides will have to be after dark. August is going to suck, I have horse shows to work for the next 2 weekends then off the 19-20 then another horse show so that will mean only 2 days off work that month.

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Back to work after Monkeyfest weekend. Had lots of fun riding and hanging out with everyone again. My muscles and liver are tired.

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine
Weekend'd way too hard and am super sleepy this AM. Doing it right I guess.

Jr and I had a successful Saturday mission of riding bikes in the woods, swimming in the river and eating burritos. Yesterday was lawn mowing and tree cutting followed by beer and dinner cooked over a fire. Now to work.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning. Who the hell gets married on the Maine shore in July? What a focking disaster it was getting there. SO.MANY.CARS. We got to the wedding on time for 5:00, but dinner was served at 9:30. JHFC. I am HAPPY to be back in the comfort of my cubicle this morning.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
'Morning. Who the hell gets married on the Maine shore in July? What a focking disaster it was getting there. SO.MANY.CARS. We got to the wedding on time for 5:00, but dinner was served at 9:30. JHFC. I am HAPPY to be back in the comfort of my cubicle this morning.
Thats why Montana, at the very least you could shoot your way through such unpleasantness.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Howdy! Monday...

Looks like about half of Toronto is currently stuck in a giant traffic jam due to one of the freeways being closed. Apparently a truck full of paint caught fire....

Not a good sign when people are hanging out on the jersey barrier. :panic:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Good weekend despite the sleeping shittily. Oh well, that's the norm. Got in a good ride and hike with the dogs; saw my first rattlesnake here in CO and he even rattled for us. Show off.

Wife leaves for the weeked mid-day Thursday so I'm busy planning my shenanigans.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!!

Wow....the entire weekend was full-on Chamber of Commerce weather here in central NC. Very low humidity made for two of the most beautiful days I can remember. Worked out in the yard and crossed off some things on the outside maintenance stuff list.

Sunday, my son and I went fishing - I battled a headwind paddling our little johnboat out to the spot and was worked by the time we got there. Crushed the bluegill and bass with the slip-bobber setup using nightcrawlers at about 15ft. depth. Caught about 3 dozen...then the wind died....wait...wait a minute - you were supposed to help me on the way back since I battled you all the way out here...where are you going, wind?

Go out there and be good to people...

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Rebuilt both forks Saturday with new foam rings/dust wipers. LB website says both pairs of wheels were finished being built last Friday, so hoping to see those soon.

Bikes are fun, mmmkay?

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Telling Haley about the cat went okay, but she's been super emotional about it all weekend because she misses her kitty. Layla has been getting a lot more attention than usual because of it.

We went and rode the bike course for next weekend's kids tri and there is a gigantic hill in the middle of it, the kind adults would bitch about in an adult race. There is a downhill into it, but it off a corner, so we worked on the transition of speed and getting off quickly after exhausting her momentum. She knows to walk quickly, not run up the hill, because it's long too. But the flip side is a bomber downhill on the backside that I think she'll make up a ton of time on too given her complete lack of fear on her bike.

Long conversation with a car buddy about forward plans on the M and logic prevails (yes Toshi, you too), that for now it's cheaper to just maintain the M and throw the Subie up onto Turo to see what kind of income we can generate from it. The M has some repairs that need doing (door seals, rod bearings, sun roof lifts, tires) but for the most part it works just fine.

The Subie coolant leak turned out to be the worst case scenario, as the radiator itself is leaking. It should be an easy fix, but I need to find a how-to online because the transmission cooling goes through the radiator too. When it rains, it pours...

Yossarian

Monkey Pimp
Jul 25, 2001
Aboard the Inchcliffe Castle
Did not ride this weekend, but did knock out some honey dos. Had a good time sitting in a bar watching the Atlanta United game on Saturday, while my kiddo was in the stadium with his buddy, Tennis on Sunday morning was good as well. The house has groceries and I have left over flank steak for lunches this week. life ain't too bad.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
The Subie coolant leak turned out to be the worst case scenario, as the radiator itself is leaking. It should be an easy fix, but I need to find a how-to online because the transmission cooling goes through the radiator too. When it rains, it pours...
As least your coolant isn't going out the exhaust pipe...:busted:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Okay excel guys, I'm having trouble find this online, so I'm coming here (JK - don't google it for me). I have a bunch of numbers in text form that I am putting into excel from an outlook email. Once there, I am converting text>columns via fixed width. It goes into cells then, but they won't reflect as numbers (ie won't sum). I've tried converting them to numbers using 'format cell', but I'm getting nowhere. Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks.

@jonKranked @mandown

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Okay excel guys, I'm having trouble find this online, so I'm coming here (JK - don't google it for me). I have a bunch of numbers in text form that I am putting into excel from an outlook email. Once there, I am converting text>columns via fixed width. It goes into cells then, but they won't reflect as numbers (ie won't sum). I've tried converting them to numbers using 'format cell', but I'm getting nowhere. Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks.

@jonKranked @mandown
what version of office?

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008

@jonKranked @mandown
Paste into notepad, then from notepad into Excel.

It will remove any embedded formatting to the text.

Yossarian

Monkey Pimp
Jul 25, 2001
Aboard the Inchcliffe Castle

@jonKranked @mandown
When you say the outlook text form of the numbers, do you mean One, Two, three, of that 1, 2, 3 is numerals in the body of the email?

KenW449

Thanos did nothing wrong
Jun 13, 2017
Floating down the whiskey river...
Went for a 20:30 ride on Friday since it was cool and wasn't pouring rain. It was very lighteningy. The sound of my bike, the trail, cool breeze and thunder while riding pitch black trails with a head lamp and light on the bar while watching the mountains light up with lightening was very relaxing, even more so since i was the only one there.

Attachments

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Back after a week of family, ugh. I do enjoy my fam for the most part, in limited doses. I will say it is nice that they love the wife (they are not fans of either ex, go figure). So they are always glad to see her :rofl:

Lots of work to catch up on and not looking forward to 100+ temps this week. I just left those temps in hell valley. :shakefist:

I will say it seems my brother was nicer than usual. It was fun to sit and talk about old times. He's still bitter they made a movie about the Z Boys. He was talking about the first comp in Carlsbad when he beat Jay Adams and Stacy Peralta. :rofl:

But nobody cares about a little skate team from the Valley. TJ Skate was a damn good team, though.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210

@jonKranked @mandown
Thinking the notepad idea isn't bad. Did that work for you? If not I can meditate on other options.