Quantcast

(* Monday GMT *)

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
short bus was in the shop on Saturday for a brake job (new pads and rotors on all wheels) and new front radius arm bushings. it should be nicer to drive. this will be day 8 of working 19 days in a row. I foresee lots of night riding during this period.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning! God the camper stocked up with dry goods and clean sheets/towels for our trip. Still job hunting but it's slim pickings for me right now so it's time to turn in my sub paperwork and go that route for now. Supposed to rain so not likely that I'll get a ride in today but I am goin' to get the lady parts checked out today...I know you're all jealous of this glamorous life that I lead!

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!

Spent the weekend at the coast trying to track down some fishies....what ended up happening is a whole weekend of dodging storms.

Got stung 5 times by wasps on the ankle when I apparently disturbed their nest under the deck of the boat. Grabbed a hat to swipe one when he landed....missed and hit the back of my hand on the metal railing....now it's all bruised and swollen....ankle hurts like hell....sh*t did NOT work out well for me in that 5 minute sequence of my life. About 100 dolphin showed up to really ruin the party when they rode through the huge bait ball that myself and a couple of other boats were fishing around, like Hell's Angels at a Kanye show. Went back and took a nap after that.

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
Probably going to look for rides in the Lehigh Valley next week. Suggestions? Recommended place(s) to camp?
My family lives around there.

There was decent riding in Jim Thorpe, along with the best beer selection at ABC store.

I haven't had to do much camping but should be some options.

The bike shop is more geared towards shuttling folks on rails to trails "downhill" but a good place to start.

http://poconobiking.com/plan-your-trip/shuttle-schedule/

And JT had better food options than most small towns in PA

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Morning! God the camper stocked up with dry goods and clean sheets/towels for our trip. Still job hunting but it's slim pickings for me right now so it's time to turn in my sub paperwork and go that route for now. Supposed to rain so not likely that I'll get a ride in today but I am goin' to get the lady parts checked out today...I know you're all jealous of this glamorous life that I lead!
If you have given it any thought yet, PM me a shopping list of food you don't want to schlep across the country.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Weekend with the kid and dog was a success, I am still alive. More impressive, the kid and dog are alive. Last night was the 4th night in a row the kid slept 8+ hours....hoping that shit keeps up.

Borrowed a heating pad from my dad and my back has responded well to it, which is great news. As much as pulled back muscles are teh suck, they're not nearly as much as teh suck as kidney stones are, which was another possibility given the location/feeling of the pain.

Dinosaur Jr. tickets for Oct 4 acquired for a buddy and I. Hoping @stevew is actually able to make it and I can put an ugly mug to the name after all these years and have a beer or 7.

Wheels arrived at the location post office at 6am this morning....hoping they'll get delivered today (worst case tomorrow). Probably leave work early to retrieve and install them once I see they're delivered.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Good morning! Two things:

1. I saw a guy at the bookstore poring over an issue of Playboy. He ended up buying it, so I had to wonder if he was making sure the breadth of the articles met his stringent standards or whether it had enough quality beat fuel to last to next months issue. I may never know.

2. Had a great, absolutely fantastic ride on Saturday with @6thElement and his wife. It was likely the most fun I've had on a bike in a long time and one of those rides that reinforced why i love riding mountain bikes so much.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
1. I saw a guy at the bookstore poring over an issue of Playboy. He ended up buying it, so I had to wonder if he was making sure the breadth of the articles met his stringent standards or whether it had enough quality beat fuel to last to next months issue. I may never know.
Did you ask him if he discovered our Lord and Savior, the internet?

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Weekend with the kid and dog was a success, I am still alive. More impressive, the kid and dog are alive. Last night was the 4th night in a row the kid slept 8+ hours....hoping that shit keeps up.

Borrowed a heating pad from my dad and my back has responded well to it, which is great news. As much as pulled back muscles are teh suck, they're not nearly as much as teh suck as kidney stones are, which was another possibility given the location/feeling of the pain.

Dinosaur Jr. tickets for Oct 4 acquired for a buddy and I. Hoping @stevew is actually able to make it and I can put an ugly mug to the name after all these years and have a beer or 7.

Wheels arrived at the location post office at 6am this morning....hoping they'll get delivered today (worst case tomorrow). Probably leave work early to retrieve and install them once I see they're delivered.
hey...are you getting some new wheels? i wasn't sure.

may your mondays be less meh than mine, my monkey friends.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Who got to wake up at 3:45am this morning to get his arse hauled on a tin can to Minneapolis?
<<< this guy
The level of grumble is high. Four hours of consecutive demos this evening aren't helping either.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. Big puddles on drive in to work. Glad I was in the Land Cruiser rather than than on my 29er.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Good Morning!!

Spent the weekend at the coast trying to track down some fishies....what ended up happening is a whole weekend of dodging storms.

Got stung 5 times by wasps on the ankle when I apparently disturbed their nest under the deck of the boat. Grabbed a hat to swipe one when he landed....missed and hit the back of my hand on the metal railing....now it's all bruised and swollen....ankle hurts like hell....sh*t did NOT work out well for me in that 5 minute sequence of my life. About 100 dolphin showed up to really ruin the party when they rode through the huge bait ball that myself and a couple of other boats were fishing around, like Hell's Angels at a Kanye show. Went back and took a nap after that.

Yossarian

Monkey Pimp
Jul 25, 2001
Aboard the Inchcliffe Castle
Testing video Game kiosks for PAX West, building some set pieces for NBA TV, new project to build a cardboard jeep by EOD tomorrow and a large truss platform to build today for a jib camera. Good morning all. talk to you tomorrow.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
arms are sore from yesterday's dental expedition. methinks some adjustments to the airspring are in order, but damper service is probably about due as well.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Felt like shit all weekend. Managed 0 proper rides. Did play some racquetball and mucked about town on the bike a bit. I need some time off.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Yesterdays weather was perfect. Today we're back to rain.:think:

This bridge almost sent me into the water (again). Moved some rox to stable her back up.

Someone had a nice looking S4 wagon parked at the trailhead. Hoooooge Stoptech brakes on it.

Who the f*ck gets a cold in the summertime?!?!?

Me... that's who. *cough**sneeze**blows nose**
I feel one coming on too...

SO naturally I'm going to go for a hike in the rain. :crazy:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
One of the prizes at this week's work related fundraising event is not one, but 2 HP printers! That so I can print a ticket back to 2001 when those might still be relevant? :rofl: