Quantcast

(* Monday GMT *)

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Sold some gear to pay for the recent gear purchases, and a car repair bill. Still waiting on my surgery bill.

Avacado and bacon sammich for lunch.

Last edited:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Afternoon Monkey.

Late start to my day, crazy day but will only be 94, so at least I won't melt. Since the pooch ate the RC remotes for Lil Mans truck, I got to looking at cheap RC cars. Next thing I know I spent a little too much on a cheap car and enough upgrades to build a second car. :panic:

So Sunday I decided I would go to the hobby store and see just how stupid my online spending was compared to real life. Turns out I actually did quite well based on what they offered and the limited research I've done. I spent almost half what some of the higher end cars cost and they are crap compared to this mini monster I'm cooking up. Mine will have a full metal chassis, suspension and drivetrain. The guy at the store said they hadn't seen anything that build smaller than 1:10 scale (mine is 1:18).

I decided to call it an early birthday present for myself and considering the car is coming via slow boat from China, it might take 'til the end of September to get here. :rofl:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Younger kid has hand-foot-mouth disease. Lovely. That explains the red shit on her hands and, later, feet this weekend.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
And today I learned what the coxsackievirus is.
I have malaise and muscle aches today. Could be from coxsackie. Could be from the oddly Seattle-like weather today + climbing and riding over the weekend.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
awesome 20 mile ride after work. saw two golden eagles and a black shouldered Kite before sunset.

really pushed my cardio the whole ride. including the 1500' of climbing i did

the view wasn't too bad either

Steel be real

Last edited: