Quantcast

***Monday GMT***

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Up even earlier than normal. Taking a fella from avionics with me to San Antonio for what might turn out to be a pretty long road trip. Eff airplanes. Maybe I can see the place where Ozzy peed on the Alamo.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Supposed to be 90 again today. Have to get a bunch of crap done but I want to ride my bike so maybe I'll go do that instead. Camped at our local balloon festival this weekend with the kids and it was cool. Waiting for confirmation on 2 monkeyfest KT lodging options so I can get the info out to everyone for next weekend. Now I need to get my housework done, but I think I will have some coffee instead.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Today's my first day back in office. Dr appt for the kid will thankfully delay the start of it. Anyone wanna take bets how long before I'm back in Kill List mode?

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
The ankle is doing great and the weather has been amazing the last week. I was not ready to ride yet but spent yesterday removing weeds from the lawn. Also, grill herring that my neighbor caught the day before. I got old couples on both sides but they are super nice and know all kinds of stuff and have all the equipment I still do not have myself. Also caught the last 10k of the road world champ which damn Sagan did it again.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Ugh... The inspection red flagged the deck because some of the joists were visibly rotting. Got detailed pictures and sent them to our deck guy for initial feedback before a physical review and just got an email back.

His thoughts? Replacement. The joists were painted to match the trex boards and doing such traps moisture. When you have visible rot on 10% of the joists, that means you most likely have beginning stage rot on all the joists that have been painted. His opinion is that repair is a waste of money as you will be ripping it down within 1-2 years anyways.

And here's the best part, he's not a deck builder. He does repairs and refinishing. His job is to fix that stuff and he's coming back saying to replace it.

Our inspection objections are due Wednesday, so I need to find a deck builder who can go out today or tomorrow. Giddy.

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Morning. It's too damn hot for the first week of Fall. Temps in the 90s yesterday, today, tomorrow... ugh.

Happy Monday, friends. I went to the pool before work for a 2300 yarder. I also dropped the kids off at the pool twice.
I really hope that was not all at the same time. :o

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. I do not care for this cloudy, rainy business, no siree

Yesterday I verified that Colorado Springs has crap Thai food (if Wild Ginger is representative) and that Thai Pot is excellent. I also wiped and hosed down the super muddy 5010 and moderately dusty commuter, cleaning and relubing the unhappy chains as appropriate.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Rode yesterday, took my bother-in-law out for his first time. He loved it, even after his flatted with no spare tube.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Went and looked at trailers Saturday. I think we are set on a 6x12 with a 6'6" interior height. Now to decide all of the options.

Tried to get the plumbing situated in the kitchen yesterday and it was one of those project that required 3 trips to Home Depot and it's still not finished. Clearly nothing worked out nearly as smoothly as I was hoping for.

Gonna have to give my bike some love here shortly. The front brake got all sticky and the lever doesn't return all the way. SRAM Guide R. Then again it is SRAM, so this should not come as a surprise.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Gonna have to give my bike some love here shortly. The front brake got all sticky and the lever doesn't return all the way. SRAM Guide R. Then again it is SRAM, so this should not come as a surprise.
GBS just replaced both of my Guide levers under warranty. Check with your shop.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Getting old sucks, missing my pops, and my daughter still isn't talking to me. But had fun ripping the dirt bike around my buddies house, and drank way too many beers Saturday. He sold his dirt bike because he said he never rode it. He lives on 85 acres with the back 40 covered in woods with rolling hills. When he first bough the place, we scouted a bunch of lines through the woods. I told him we just need to do some basic clearing, then ride. He's been there 3 years and the only time he ever rode was when I brought my bike.

I'm sorry, but if I had a back yard like that, I would have a moto track, a woods route, pump track, high speed runs. Its a huge postage stamp of a property. Other than a dozen or so cows that roam around out back (he leases the land to a farmer for grazing rights), you have a pond, a creek, woods, and hills to just go nuts on.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!

It's a busy couple of weeks here...fiscal year ends in Oct. and it's a full-on billing tsunami.

Flipped by the pizza joint on the way home Friday and picked up the Heartbreaker - a 24" pie that you have to have a solid plan for just getting the box into your car. It lasted the whole weekend...ginormous - and at 44 years old, is as close as I get to living on the edge.

I accidentally got faced on vodak and ginger ale with crushed raspberries on Saturday. Sunday took much Bojangle's to douse that headache.

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Happy Monday!

Raining here, the head felt well enough for a last water ski run on the lake yesterday, so a muddy bike ride is definitely in order today! :weee:

Finished caulking over the weekend, next I need to screw in the boards this week, but that will wait until the drier weather that should start tomorrow. Today, paint in the living room, short run, and as said previously, muddy bike ride.

Oh, and job search. I'm looking for something online at this point, as the traffic is so bad around here, and the transit system or biking won't help due to the distance to where the jobs I am qualified are/daycare hours (the commute times have nearly tripled from my house in the last 7 years). I don't have a real estate license, but spent the last 7 years in commercial property management. I like helping people, so customer service would be a good direction. Anyone have suggestions for legit companies that hire remotely and perhaps has something to do with these? Thanks if you do!

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Mornin' folks.
action packed weekend. pool, pinball, beers with the boys before heading up to Rollinsville on Friday. woke up early on saturday, got in 10 miles & 2200' and got to fish in two lakes above the treeline before the weather set in. Visibility was about 50' before we started descending. Was rainy the whole time but we had the trail to ourselves. First hike of this status since breaking my leg. I could hang with my buddy who does Spartan races, so i was very stoked.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
<snip> to San Antonio for what might turn out to be a pretty long road trip.
https://guajillos.com/

Today's my first day back in office. Dr appt for the kid will thankfully delay the start of it. Anyone wanna take bets how long before I'm back in Kill List mode?
I'd wager before 14:00EDT.

<snip>

Tried to get the plumbing situated in the kitchen yesterday and it was one of those project that required 3 trips to Home Depot and it's still not finished.
Fucking plumbing. :mad:

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Just checked out Rossignol mt. Bikes for a rental fleet. Designed by Felt. Basically the trail bike is a four bar Horst link, and the 'enduro' is some flavor of VPP.
They actually look pretty good for a rental situation.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Mornin!
Tried to get the plumbing situated in the kitchen yesterday and it was one of those project that required 3 trips to Home Depot and it's still not finished. Clearly nothing worked out nearly as smoothly as I was hoping for.
Wifey's plan to get everything out of sight for showings has pushed one of the drain pipes under the kitchen sink so it's leaking now.:thumbsdown::rant::bonk: She has too much crap that needs to go somewhere and under the sink is not the place, despite what I tell her. $#@%^$%^$%@@

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Wifey's plan to get everything out of sight for showings has pushed one of the drain pipes under the kitchen sink so it's leaking now.:thumbsdown::rant::bonk: She has too much crap that needs to go somewhere and under the sink is not the place, despite what I tell her. $#@%^$%^$%@@
tell her you'll fix the sink if she deals with the deck.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
"Thank God I'm in Houston!" - no one, ever.
My hatred for this airport is as wide as it is deep. If the sandwich I just ate doesn't make me sick, then the ]
lol...dont get aids. im pretty sure everything in that airport is covered with aids.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
maine trip...no bueno....on the flipside i will be able to see mastodon/moon duo/wilco/dinosaur jr within the span of 6 days....

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
We need a facepalm button for these, the available ones don't cover it!

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Make a couple $$ concessions on the price and let the buyer deal with that shit.

Well - you should probably fix the leaky kitchen shit. Maybe @Adventurous can help you. :D
This is the house we're buying. My shit is done correctly.

tell her you'll fix the sink if she deals with the deck.
She deals with the income if I deal with the fixing.