Quantcast

***Monday GMT***

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
I would really enjoy the fact that I am only working two days this week except that Wednesday through Friday will be spent in an EMT recertification class. Coffee then the short bus is calling my name..... 35* and clear out

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Snow, collision and car fire south of said collision made this mornings commute take +1.5 hours.

Coffee....where are you?

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!

It was a fun weekend - played hooky with a buddy on Friday to go hit the theater and see the new Star Wars flick. The place had plush lounge chairs, a bar, and cheeseburgers. That's my kind of movie house. Did some work around the house on Saturday and got plastered at a Christmas party. I spent a majority of the day on Sunday trying desperately to stop the world from spinning so quickly...my head hurt, my feet stunk and I didn't love Jesus...

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Snow, collision and car fire south of said collision made this mornings commute take +1.5 hours.

Coffee....where are you?
Seems like there's a business opportunity there. Traffic is often brought to a standstill in your area during morning rush hour. Maybe there could be a mobile coffee vendor that could sell coffee to hapless drivers stuck in traffic. Like the kids selling gum/soft drinks in a bag/whatever else in latin american cities.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Seems like there's a business opportunity there. Traffic is often brought to a standstill in your area during morning rush hour. Maybe there could be a mobile coffee vendor that could sell coffee to hapless drivers stuck in traffic. Like the kids selling gum/soft drinks in a bag/whatever else in latin american cities.
I would need one of those highly coveted Toronto vendor licenses. $600 fee. :banana:

https://www.toronto.ca/services-payments/permits-licenses-bylaws/street-vending-non-food-hawkerpedlar-assistants/sales-on-foot/

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Kids woke up at 4:45 pacific, then wouldn’t go back to sleep. That would have been ok if the younger didn’t then proceed to tumble out of bed. I ended up lying next to her for the rest of the night. If this repeats itself tonight then we are delaying the bunk bed plan for the two at home.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
was awoken at 3 am by the boy crying. turned out he threw up in his bed. changed sheets, jammies, washed up, back to bed. repeat at 4:15. by the time i got laundry situated and back in bed it was almost 5, didn't fall back to sleep until close to 6. home with him today. i at least made myself a kickass burrito with leftover meatloaf.

have decided one of my pairs of winter shoes is just too tight and need the next size up. anyone interested in a lightly used pair of Lake MX145, size 44 wide?

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Had a video conference with a dude in Paris at 6:30 that was interesting. I don't have the specific skills they are looking for, so I am not expecting a call back., But it was a good conversation that could have been gooder, but overall not bad. Clearly less than ideal time of the year to be looking at stuff, but it keeps me entertained at least.

Dropped the ball on getting my SS gift in the mail on Saturday, sending priority after my 10:00 meeting. This weekend was a hot mess all around.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I, for one, look forward to the sweet release that death will bring.
I too await shuffling off this mortal coil. In the meantime I will delight in the suffering it bestows upon me.

Fucked my foot up playing racquetball yesterday. Considering the mode of injury and symptoms I suspect I have a fracture of the fifth metatarsal. Luckily I wasn't looking forward to skiing and snowshoeing this winter.

Current count has one unusable hand and one unusable foot. Luckily I have two of each.

amishmatt

Turbo Monkey
Sep 21, 2005
Lancaster, PA
Damn, a Cove. Do they still make frames?
Not much, and nothing right now it seems. I was looking up that frame to check the geometry of his bike compared to mine, and it's nowhere to be found. Messages on their FB said something about new frames coming, 29/27.5 plus stuff.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
My BIL... a VP of an IT company in the Midwest... never uses FB for anything, then out of the blue posts a GoFundMe for his daughter to take a trip to Iceland.

Trip is less that $4K.

He's a VP in IT.

I mean, if he was making *her* raise the $$ I could see perhaps something like this.

:disgust1:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
My BIL... a VP of an IT company in the Midwest... never uses FB for anything, then out of the blue posts a GoFundMe for his daughter to take a trip to Iceland.

Trip is less that $4K.

He's a VP in IT.

I mean, if he was making *her* raise the $$ I could see perhaps something like this.

eff that shit.

#dislike

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are

Trip is less that $4K.

He's a VP in IT.

Post an application for McD's....