Quantcast

***Monday GMT***

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Getting in the office at 7:30AM is hard when trains are on a holiday schedule and the first train leaves my station at 7:31. Also, FTS.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Came back from Berlin Film Market. Had a great time. Watched awesome movies. Thanks to my recommendation we've bought a ton of awesome movies and I've visited a ton of great places in Berlin. There is this great brewery/bar under the bridge that serves some mean ribs and they make some of the best beers I have ever tried. I wish I could also visit one bar that is literally under train tracks with some supposedly good Whisky but didn't have time. When going home, on a train, a collegue from my company decided to empty a large bottle of Jager alone...That didn't go well.

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine
Rode a bunch of snowmobile trails with @Rockland yesterday. We ended up getting about 5 inches of fresh snow during the overnight, so out large mission was shortened due to harder going conditions. We were trying to get to the top of one of our local mountains that we ride in the summer. Got about 5 miles away from it and the last section of trail had no sled traffic on it yet, so we headed back to have beers. Still had a great ride and my legs are smoked today.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!

It's a rainy start to the week, but all will improve by tomorrow - when we go 70's and sunny for the rest of the week. After a snowy(for us) and rainy Winter, this is a welcome change.

Son's basketball team lost another close game on Saturday - he scored 3 points and nabbed 3 rebounds. Although he's no Dennis Rodman, he leads the league in forgetting who he's supposed to guard, missing outlet passes and spacing out at random times during the game. A real chip off the ole' bloc.....oh look, something shiny!!

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
great skiing a few days, something has clicked this past week. good stuff.
woke up to snow here in town, and should probably work a whole bunch now.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Good morning!

Productive weekend. Managed to get the interior of my truck, which has been in a state of disassembly for the past 3 months, back together. Also got some stuff accomplished on the trailer.

Managed to set myself on fire a little bit on Saturday. Was doing some overhead welding when a nice molten blob fell off and onto my jacket. Luckily I was able to get it extinguished quickly, otherwise who knows...

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Day off, so a few of us are going riding. Its hovering just above freezing, so it should be pretty nice out.

Praying it doesn't rain before we start...

Last edited:

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Went skiing yesterday with some friends & family. It was also the first day of President's week ski camp for my son. He has made a lot of progress in his skiing abilities this season considering he's only 5 years old. #prouddadmoment

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Hannah did not come home yesterday, but should be today, hopefully. With my being sick still and Wifey having to work, MIL flew out on no notice yesterday afternoon and will stay until mid-week to help, as I can't help with Hannah until I'm better.

I get to spend today getting my tax documents together and working on Mint. My Chase account hasn't synced in 3 months because fuck Chase, so I get to chase that down. I also broke Google Fi because they can't seem to figure out how to let me pay for the phones. Once they figure that out, we'll be getting off Sprint finally. Should drop our bill, even with paying for new phones, by $30/m. *mind blown*

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
slept in, woke up sore as hell. might be a combination of 19 mile mt bike and 5 mile walk on Saturday, 4 mile walk and one hour of hard spinning intervals last night plus being an old bastard...ya think? Contemplating what devious muscle torture I shall put my body through today whilst sipping some really strong espresso

:D

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
this message brought to you by stoney, your official ridemonkey finance guru and mathmatologist.
Means nothing other than you're feeling lucky today. For which there is no truly technical support for, but makes you feel better about yourself.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Means nothing other than you're feeling lucky today. For which there is no truly technical support for, but makes you feel better about yourself.

The macro world is chaotic but deterministic, there is no luck. Shit on the quantum level gets random but still follows a well understood statistical distribution.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
went camera store to get ride/swervedriver/lush concerts on vhs tapes that i won on ebay in the early 00's coverted to dvd......overheard single mom white chick talking to guy about how edgy she is and starting her own vlog.....was not happy with me audibly laughing at her....

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
that is what pawn forum is for.....feeling better about yourself....

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I was supposed to be on academic time today but my co-worker who should retire already called in sick, to little surprise from the rest of us. She actually picked a good day to call in sick on: ton of work to do.

StiHacka

Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
FTS. Just told a bunch of people, top boss (my skip boss) included, what I think about this train wreck project I have the "privilege" to have my name on. His direct reports weren't looking impressed with my performance.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
So I got a set of new winters for the Subie last week before Hannah went into the hopsital. I expected a bunch of rebates from Discount Tires, but just went through their website to make sure I got all of them.

Initial cost: $571
Rebate 1 - Best set tires: -$100
Rebate 2 - Any 4 tires installed paid on Discount Tire card: -$60
Rebate 3 - Any 4 winter tires installed paid on Discount Tire card: -$50
Total cost: $361 onto a 0% interest for 6 months card for a set of Blizzaks.

That's damn near paying me to get tires that I need to get for next year anyways.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
That's damn near paying me to get tires that I need to get for next year anyways.
Speaking of paying for automotive stuffs, I am going to get a trade-in quote on our minivan if the 2019s have memory seats. Hell, might get a quote anyway even if memory seats are not to be found. Due to the Federal ($7.5k) and CO ($5k for purchasing) tax credits if I get a trade-in quote within, say, $15k of what I paid (invoice - $1k) then I'll effectively have owned the vehicle for a year gratis, and have ended up with a year newer/younger vehicle.

StiHacka

Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
What is a skip boss?
Skip level boss - the boss of my boss. My boss gets the nerves when he sees me talking to his boss directly.
OTOH, he feels absolutely free to talk to my reports anytime he wishes, without even notifying me - which is perfectly fine with me.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Skip level boss - the boss of my boss. My boss gets the nerves when he sees me talking to his boss directly.
OTOH, he feels absolutely free to talk to my reports anytime he wishes, without even notifying me - which is perfectly fine with me.
How many levels of manglement do you have?

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Speaking of paying for automotive stuffs, I am going to get a trade-in quote on our minivan if the 2019s have memory seats. Hell, might get a quote anyway even if memory seats are not to be found. Due to the Federal ($7.5k) and CO ($5k for purchasing) tax credits if I get a trade-in quote within, say, $15k of what I paid (invoice - $1k) then I'll effectively have owned the vehicle for a year gratis, and have ended up with a year newer/younger vehicle.
You sir, are a car whore. I like it. Our friend who has been helping us with Haley for the last few days has a minivan and that thing is fucking useful. So much easier than the Infiniti.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
You sir, are a car whore. I like it. Our friend who has been helping us with Haley for the last few days has a minivan and that thing is fucking useful. So much easier than the Infiniti.
Sliding doors, especially power sliding + kick to open, are an amazing thing.

Yes, I'm easily amazed.

Re the car plan: if I can make it not a money loser I don't really see why I shouldn't do this (until the CO tax credits expire). Hell, Jessica could pick a new color each year. :D