Quantcast

@@@ >>>> Monday GTM >>>> ####

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Mechanix gloves work awesome until you try and mechanic in them, Mechanix + oil = disposable gloves.....
:stupid:

Or if you actually need to do any sort of tactile work. No body here wears gloves like Mechanix for both of these reasons.

nitrile gloves for when you are dealing with suspension fluid and brake fluid.
I too like Nitrile. Better "feel" and they dont melt into weird goo like latex does when Skydrol gets on them. At least, not nearly as quickly.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I too like Nitrile. Better "feel" and they dont melt into weird goo like latex does when Skydrol gets on them. At least, not nearly as quickly.
nitrile is chemically resistant, which is why it's used. latex gloves are basically just to keep your hands clean from dirt.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
nitrile is chemically resistant, which is why it's used. latex gloves are basically just to keep your hands clean from dirt.
One thing I hate about nitrile gloves are that my hands sweat inside of them. Not really a big deal, but they are impossible to reuse, when you need to remove one to open another beer during a bike overhaul (rather than getting shit all over the beer opener or can).

roflbox

roflborx
Jan 23, 2017
Raleigh, NC
sautee onion then brown chicken ( i like thighs) in pan remove then add in half the curry paste, add carrots, potatoes (boiled already), sometimes i add sweet potatoes too, let carots get tender. chop chicken add to pan with veggies add the rest of the curry paste & one can of coconut milk, stir, simmer, eat over basmati. I like scrambled eggs on top of the leftovers.

^ingredients in this paste are super legit. no emulsifiers or other chemical crap. mostly herbs & shallots.
dear Diary, I will do this on wednesday

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
One thing I hate about nitrile gloves are that my hands sweat inside of them. Not really a big deal, but they are impossible to reuse, when you need to remove one to open another beer during a bike overhaul (rather than getting shit all over the beer opener or can).
that's why i have a shop specific opener that's covered with every manner of bike related grease.

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
I got home late last night from a camping trip gone wrong. I learned a lot of things like: Zodiacs can not be paddled down river easily or or even slowly for that matter. Being on the river in high winds, waves, cliff strewn rocky shores, feet in four inchs of water, just a pendelton shirt/shorts, in a impossible to paddle boat, after dark is a little bit of a bummer. Also that ill buy a kayak. So we bailed after the first day and waited for friends to make it down to the truck and come pick us up. Id totally do it again. Also Fox smokehouse, in boulder city, nevada is really good stuff if you like BBQ, which you do.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
You can't open a beer with nitril gloves on? Are these some kind of Canadian nitrile mittens?

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
I believe there has always been a groove, just used to be ice. This provides more consistent conditions so events are less likely to be rescheduled due to weather related conditions. Is also more consistent run to run so skiers are less likely to win or lose simply because of weather.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
that's why i have a shop specific opener that's covered with every manner of bike related grease.

You can't open a beer with nitril gloves on? Are these some kind of Canadian nitrile mittens?
Its not that I can't, but when you're a few beer deep that chances of getting crud on the mouth piece and not noticing increases significantly.

Fox Gold fork oil does not taste like Goldschlager, unfortunately.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
High.
Looking for a hip-hop dance class in Boulder while I should be editing Fresh Ebony Faces and Tight Wet Spaces. :rolleyes:
Skied with the Lady and her 9 yo daughter on Saturday in a little bit of fresh.
I feel like those two sentences should never be in the same paragraph, let alone following one another....

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

Its not that I can't, but when you're a few beer deep that chances of getting crud on the mouth piece and not noticing increases significantly.

Fox Gold fork oil does not taste like Goldschlager, unfortunately.

You can still use a shop rag to clean most of the funk of a pair of gloves before doing something that requires modest amounts of cleanliness. I assume you are only getting dirt and grease on your hands and not cleaning up the blood of a likely diseased prostitute. That does require a clean set of hands before handling any food or beverage. Silly way to get genital warts on your mouth.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
I feel like those two sentences should never be in the same paragraph, let alone following one another....
Yeah my existence is quite strange sometimes.
If you only knew what I typically am watching when i eat lunch.
Im so desensitized at this point, it takes comments like yours for me to shake my head & say jesus christ, this is my life.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Mechanix gloves work awesome until you try and mechanic in them, Mechanix + oil = disposable gloves.....
Latex under keeps hands clean. Use them for everything except the actual removal of fluids and you're fine

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I have had three people comment on a book that I have had sitting in my bookcase for a while. Finally started reading it while travelling the past weekend where a few additional women commented on how good a book it was. "The lightness of Being" is a pretty advanced novice style science book on particle physics. I was shocked that so many people, specifically women, would be so interested in such an nerdy topic. Just realized they were probably confusing it with "The Unbearable lightness of being", a love story. LOL.

Quarks sure do love each other, most often in a menage a trois.

Last edited:

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
I have had three people comment on a book that I have had sitting in my bookcase for a while. Finally started reading it while travelling the past weekend where a few additional women commented on how good a book it was. "The lightness of Being" is a pretty advanced novice style science book on particle physics. I was shocked that so many people, specifically women, would be so interested in such an nerdy topic. Just realized they were probably confusing it with "The Unbearable lightness of being", a love story. LOL.

Quarks sure do love each other, most often in a menage a trois.
did it get you laid?

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Still well educated. Milan Kundera Is serious business. ;)

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
@TN and @jonKranked I can vouch for the curry paste. I used to buy it at a tiny Asian market in Asheville. It's legit.

Pro tip: Start with your favorite vegetable based oil and brown some raw peanuts in the same pot you're going to cook the curry, drain and set aside. Then cook your other stuff in that peanut flavored oil. Garnish with peanuts, cilantro, red Thai chili slices and lime wedges.

Also you can add raw meat to the pot after you've adjusted the flavors. Chicken breast sliced thin and done this way is very tender and not chewy like par boiling.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Are you guys really such delicate flowers you have to protect your hands for the minimal bike work you do? :confused:
My hands take a beating. I consider it a treat when I can remember to buy nitrile gloves to use for suspension and disc brake work. Most of the things I do in the studio, gloves would make it more of a hazard. I use torches, high speed rotary machinery, polishing compounds, solvents, etc. At any given time I might have cuts, burns and gunk that just wont wash off. Even have bits of silver in my skin that have oxidized and look like tattoos.

The only thing I do with gloves on is the only thing I wouldn't do without them, ride. Got to protect my delicate flowerness somehow.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Are you guys really such delicate flowers you have to protect your hands for the minimal bike work you do? :confused:
Car primarily. I don't like have my hands stained by grease for 3 days afterwards, so I use gloves when I work on things. Primarily Raven nitrile because they are strong.