Quantcast

-- Monday's Ride Thread --

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Rode on friday as I had the day off from work. Combo urban/trail ride. Kind of fun until I landed a jump wrong and toasted my back. Spent saturday with the heating pad. Worked on my ride sunday. Back is feeling better but not ready to ride. I hate being old.....jdcamb

Nate at RIT

Monkey
Oct 8, 2003
bending stuff in the ROC
Had a 'cross race in Albany yesterday. Hurt a lot, since we were out until 3am the night before. Think we would've learned after Halloween weekend (out til 3am and racing the next day both Sat and Sun), but no. Ahh, the short memory of youth.

For anyone who's pretty masochistic, there's going to be a 100 mile ride in Albany in Central Park. 5-10 mile lap, multiple laps, in mid December. If you're interested, PM me. It's free and supported.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Did a few hours w/berkshire_rider saturday @ lock7 (by the Mohawk River), it was a little chilly and the trails were covered with a ton of leaves -definitely fun!!
& last night=a jog

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
i was gonna do a local club ride on Whidbey Island (one of the islands in the Puget Sound). Missed my ferry boat decided to ride a trail i never rode before close to that ferry terminal. Called a pal who gave me coordinates to the trailhead. Explored and rode one side had a good time. Ran into another rider who showed me the other side of the trail. Made for a decent sized ride. Felt like around 12 miles with around 8 or 9 miles of wet slippery singletrack.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
We rode Bromont Sunday, 3 hours+ ride, lots of climbing and one crazy downhill on snow covered ground!

J

JRB

I got a ride in, but it got tacky before I was done and my chain skipped melting my cassette. It took a lot of effort, actually, to get my 15 miles in on Saturday. All in all, it was good.

J

JRB

Skookum said:
do you have xtr? xtr cassettes last me all of about a few months.....

XT - if this had happened on an XTR, I am sure I wouldn't have finished the ride. I put a SRAM I had in a drawer on, that I had taken off due to bad shifting, but figured I borrow some time from it. Well, it's bent to hell on the top two cogs. I don't shift under load much, but when I do, it apparently turns out badly.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
loco-gringo said:
XT - if this had happened on an XTR, I am sure I wouldn't have finished the ride. I put a SRAM I had in a drawer on, that I had taken off due to bad shifting, but figured I borrow some time from it. Well, it's bent to hell on the top two cogs. I don't shift under load much, but when I do, it apparently turns out badly.
hmm sounds like bad luck. LX really is the best cassette as far as durability. i use Sram 9.0's i believe nowadays...

Morryjg

Mr. Ho Jangles
May 9, 2003
Littleton
I got to ride my new bike this weekend!! If I can get 10 minutes here at work I'm going to post about it too. Here's a pic for the time being though.