Quantcast

-- Monday's Ride Thread --

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Did a short road ride on my HT yesterday. All the hills around my house killed me. But the good thing is that if I can keep at it, it makes for some great training rides which will pay off come spring.

Weather forcast is great this week - high of 30 and flurries all week long. That means the gound should finally freeze and the trails should be rideable again.

Now I just gotta get my crank situation taken care of (see my FAAAAWK! thread if you don't know what I'm talking about).

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
did my 1st ever spin class yesterday - it was a pretty good/tough work out and thank god I grabbed a bike by the (huge) fan, 25 people working hard for 1 1/2 hours made that smallish room pretty damn HOT

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
douglas said:
did my 1st ever spin class yesterday
Cool, man. :) Definitely a good workout.

As I mentioned in the GMT, me and Mark had our first dek-hockey game last night. We lost 5-4, but we only had ONE extra player on the bench, so we had to play most of the game. Not good for my first game in five years. My legs had NOTHING. When you are tired as hell and need a line change, there was no one there to sub in. :dead: I managed a goal and an assist, but I'd rather have the win.

I'll hit the gym tonight.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Babs kicked major arse last night at Dek-hockey - He's got serious moves and eyes in the back of his head (many nifty passes that almost resulted in goals - we need better finishers). Dek-hockey was a blast and our team (well what was there from it) played hard. Good group of guys and woman too! Fun stuff.

I was majorly pooped at the end of the game though - not quite used to that stopping and starting on sneakers (it's different on rollerblades or ice skates).

Go Whalers!!

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
MMcG said:
Babs kicked major arse last night at Dek-hockey - He's got serious moves and eyes in the back of his head (many nifty passes that almost resulted in goals - we need better finishers).
Heh heh...thanks, man. I felt so rusty though and my confidence isn't really high. I need to work on my hand speed.

YOU kicked butt man! You always had you head up, carried the ball well, and have a great shot from point! It'll be interesting to see how well we play when we actually have a friggin team at a game.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I Are Baboon said:
Heh heh...thanks, man. I felt so rusty though and my confidence isn't really high. I need to work on my hand speed.

YOU kicked butt man! You always had you head up, carried the ball well, and have a great shot from point! It'll be interesting to see how well we play when we actually have a friggin team at a game.
I think we'll be a very competitive team - look how hard we competed with only 6 players!!

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Shuttle XC at Capitol Forest with Oly, Dfrnt, Trailhacker, and Snacks. It's been raining cats and dogs lately and the more popular multi-use trails in the area get pretty soupy and mucky.... But Oly took us on a rarely used set of trail that with only 2 dry days was nearly perfect. Dry full of fir needles fast and flowy.
We had a complete blast. The Weddikind route was indeed kind.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
saturday was rain, snow, sleet. sunday tried to go ride but my keys vanished. still havent found em. had to get the exgirlfriend to bring me my spare key so i could get to work.

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
Saturday we had a big group ride at Oleta River Park. About 20 people showed up and did about a loop and a half (~ 15/16 miles).

Then Sunday did 3 laps at my favorite local park, had lunch then off to another park to hit the small dirt jumps.

Oh ya, it was ~ 65 and Sunny all weekend

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
Rode both Saturday and Sunday on the local trails.

Saturday we only made it about 4 miles when a rock took out one of the guy's derailleur. Packed it in to save something for Sunday.

Sunday was gorgeous. Highs in the low 70's. Guessing we did 8 or 9 miles which is plenty with Loco complaining about every climb. Rode a new trail that the park rangers are cutting which is littered with tight, steep switchbacks.

J

JRB

Wumpus said:
Guessing we did 8 or 9 miles which is plenty with Loco complaining about every climb. Rode a new trail that the park rangers are cutting which is littered with tight, steep switchbacks.
But I still rode them. Those tires did suck on the rock. I had fun climbing the new trail, even though it is constructed so water will destroy it in 2 years. :(