Quantcast

-- Monday's Ride Thread --

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Anyone ride this weekend?

Weather was great this weekend, but unfortunately I only got to ride one day (I got conned into cleaning the garage by my boss on Sunday). Anyways... did a 15 mile road ride on Saturday, that included a hill I didn't think I'd make. But I made it, and I made it fairly easily. It was a good loop... might be a candidate for this week's TAOD ride, if the weather holds.

This morning on my way to work I took the scenic route - looking for other ride routes/hill climbs for this weekend.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Rode on Friday. Just a fun ride in the usual places. Did a couple of fast runs on Cobbs Hill. Finally started to be able to climb it everytime which was cool. Crashed a couple of times but hey it's snow.... Saturday night was a powerhouse ride because with all the melting we realized that the conditions wouldn't hold. It was really packed and fast. We in turn could ride everything and everywhere so thats what we did. Cobbs hill was wicked fast and my buddy says we were doing 30mph runs. I don't think I was going that fast. You could pretty much climb everything. The bombtracks were cool but beat you up. I had a huge crash going pretty fast and the snow was a lot harder. Hurt pretty good. I don't know how many miles we did saturday but we were out for a long time. Fun stuff......jdcamb

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Went for a good 3 hour road ride yesterday. We rode into some the more rural mountain areas and were treated to some great southern images, chickens in the front yard, cars on blocks, major appliances on porches and best of all a toothless old couple sitting on their porch pickin' away on banjos. Virginia at its finest. :thumb:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
This is the most annoying thread ever!!!!

Anyway went snowboarding on Friday, got beat up on the lift by a stoner chick.
I had a good time but man does my board need a tune up.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
stosh said:
board need a tune up.
Um... I'm no snowboarder, but how exactly do you "tune up" a board? It's got no moving parts, so as long as the bindings aren't shot, what's there to tune up?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
Um... I'm no snowboarder, but how exactly do you "tune up" a board? It's got no moving parts, so as long as the bindings aren't shot, what's there to tune up?
They re-do/wax the bottom surface and sharpen the edges.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Wumpus said:
Gym on Friday and a pavement pounder in the rain on Sunday.
I would think that, assuming the temps were warm enough, a ride in the rain could be a pretty cool thing. Not sure why, but I've always like being out in the rain, as long as it was relatively warm.

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
jacksonpt said:
I would think that, assuming the temps were warm enough, a ride in the rain could be a pretty cool thing. Not sure why, but I've always like being out in the rain, as long as it was relatively warm.
Yep, it was right around 60 with a light wind.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I rode around my parking lot on a BMX bike with my kids............and I also held onto a bike and jogged alongside my son Connor - who seems to have the itch to ride this year! :thumb:

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
MMcG said:
I rode around my parking lot on a BMX bike with my kids............and I also held onto a bike and jogged alongside my son Connor - who seems to have the itch to ride this year! :thumb:
any real time on the HP yet?

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Did some urban on Sunday, it was like 55 degrees and sunny. Messed around on the snowboarder's jumps at Cobb's hill, but they had gotten too soft to really get any air time. It was nice to be outside instead of on the trainer :)

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
12 mile paved loop covered in 2 inches of slush on my ghetto SS on Saturday. There was a fedex package waiting for me on the porch when I got home so Sunday was spent in front of the bike stand building my new titan. Then I watched the game.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
stosh said:
They re-do/wax the bottom surface and sharpen the edges.
Just dropped my board off to be tuned. Hopefully I get to ride either Thurs. or Fri. this week. Cool thing is that my LBS does ski/board tuning, so with my team discount, I get it done for next to nothing. :thumb:

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
McGRP01 said:
Just dropped my board off to be tuned. Hopefully I get to ride either Thurs. or Fri. this week. Cool thing is that my LBS does ski/board tuning, so with my team discount, I get it done for next to nothing. :thumb:

Team elevate?

I havent been up to Elevate/said hi to chris in a while

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
Too much snow to ride, but that should be changing fast with the warm weather the last 3 days. Went x-c skiing saturday for 2 1/2 hours. It was actually too nice out for skiing. (Above 50) The snow was soft, mushy, and slow by mid-day.