Quantcast

-- Monday's Ride Thread --

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Took about an hour Saturday afternoon and explored some trails behind my house. Definitely looks like there's potential. A few good rock gardens, at least one rooty section, and who knows what else is hiding under all the snow. Since it was a scouting trip, I took my camera along. Most of the pics were pretty boring.

My favorite of the bunch - I like the perspective.

It's always worth showing off the bike

You can see one of the rock piles behind the bike, just off the traili. That may change come spring time.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
We got 2 in this weekend. Good conditions. Fun stuff. Here is some video from Sundays ride. Looks like conditions are going to be good all week :D .....jdcamb

splat

Nam I am
I got 3 rides in theis weekend , Vietnam, Douglas and Belmont, was suppose to ride with IAB today , but it is snowing like a Mofo right now so that got cancelled :(

This now doesn't look good , the trails were barely marginal , with this new snow may put riding on hold again.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
splat said:
This now doesn't look good , the trails were barely marginal , with this new snow may put riding on hold again.
Yea, I was barely able to ride on Saturday - weather for this week says ice/snow every day till Saturday. Looks like I'll be getting back on the road bike.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Man, you guys that have trails in your backyard are lucky.

No riding for me this weekend. Like Splat said, we were supposed to ride today, but we have about four fresh inches of snow on the ground and it's still coming down.

My activity this weekend consisted of the gym Saturday and skiing yesterday. It was an AWESOME day of skiing, and I got new ski boots. WOO HOO! My legs are pretty sore right now.

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
Got in a little over 2 1/2 hrs on the road yesterday. Who needs mountains when you have a 15 mph head wind. :dead:

Got a good start on my Farmer Jones tan. Oh, did I mention that it was in the low 70s and sunny?

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
BigMike said:
Good luck, my legs still feel like Jelly from this morning :dead:

Yea well, It didn't turn out so well.

I got 3/4 up the way of a massive climb, and i suddenly felt like I was gonna throw up and i bonked. Second time in a row i have done it on the same climb

ito

Mr. Schwinn Effing Armstrong
Oct 3, 2003
Avoiding the nine to five
I had a race on Sunday. Took 3rd in the singlespeed class(2nd race) and had a time that would have podiumed if not one the sport class. Super muddy, lots of deep puddles and slick turns that worked well for relearning corner drifts. 20 miles of rolling singletrack, couple of climbs, and a few puddles that buried us in water.

Was going to ride this morning, but my friend and I were both way too tired after the Sunday race to do anything. Kind of bummed, it would have been really nice(sunny and warm this morning). Oh well, back to fixed gear training in the hills tomorrow.

That snow riding looks really fun, I want to try.

The Ito