Quantcast

-- Monday's Ride Thread --

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Who rode this weekend?

I did a short dirt ride Sunday morning. I was pretty sick most of last week, so I didn't really have much umph for the ride. I kept it kind of slow, but tried to do the same loops I would normally do. It was a good ride... only noticed my fatigue in a couple of place. Weather was awesome... but they are calling for some nasty weather today and tomorrow, so I might be relegated to hiking the trails with my dogs for the week. Or maybe a road ride later in the week.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Saturday, I rode with the Baboon @ The Reservouir(Avon,CT) - we did 10 or so miles of pretty rocky terrain

And Sunday 9 of us did the 50 mile MS bike tour, it was pretty hot(90 plus) & Humid, it was fun plus we raised some money - it was my longest ride ever (57 miles) and props to MMcg's GF for more than doubleing her previous longest ride

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Did ~75 miles on the road saturday, beat my best time for that route, and still felt pretty good at the end. Trail work Sunday, oh DAMN did we ever build a sweet road gap :eek:

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
douglas said:
Saturday, I rode with the Baboon @ The Reservouir(Avon,CT) - we did 10 or so miles of pretty rocky terrain

And Sunday 9 of us did the 50 mile MS bike tour, it was pretty hot(90 plus) & Humid, it was fun plus we raised some money - it was my longest ride ever (57 miles) and props to MMcg's GF for more than doubleing her previous longest ride
:stupid:

What he said. :cool: But I did 51 miles, not 57. Doug kept backtracking to make sure everyone was accounted for. I've got sunburned arms.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
We had lots of rain last week so the trail ride I did on Saturday was slippery. The ground was hard but the roots lacked any traction. Looks like summer has hit, we have had our first 90+ days and the humidity was jacked up too.

Sunday did a solo road century. I didn't realise how much harder it was going to be without someone to draft behind once in a while. Started from my house and took back roads up to Skyline drive, the higher altitudes provided very pleasant temperatures and spectacular views, not to mention a total of 10,000ft of climbing.:dead:

splat

Nam I am
Let see Saturday was very busy doing Kid Stuff, I didn't get out on my Bike

Sundy , IF_rider and my self got out for a good HOT ride. we went over to The quaries , whgich we don't do very often, when We got to the Big one there was a Guy and Girl looked like thery were making out but stopped because they herd us coming , they looked at us as we stopped for a minute then we took off let them get back to there making out ( don't really want to interfere with Young love ).

and when we got to the next Quary as we approached we could see this Naked Guy walking around , ( we really didn't need to see this ! ) so we took the next turn down a trail and to leave him Be. and we just sort of made our way back.

Then last Night I had a evening Ride with RIP and my son. RIP was having some chain issues before we got started so while he was fixing that I ( and my SOn ) were playing around on the teeter tooter in my driveway , well I did some thing stupid like doing a wheelie on the teeter , and when the teeter wnet down it sent me over backwards landing on my Back and elbow. so Today I am sore!!!

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
splat said:
Then last Night I had a evening Ride with RIP and my son. RIP was having some chain issues before we got started so while he was fixing that I ( and my SOn ) were playing around on the teeter tooter in my driveway , well I did some thing stupid like doing a wheelie on the teeter , and when the teeter wnet down it sent me over backwards landing on my Back and elbow. so Today I am sore!!!
:nope:

None of that monkey business until after Dalton, mister!

:p

Glad you were not injured, Splat. :)

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Echo said:
Did ~75 miles on the road saturday, beat my best time for that route, and still felt pretty good at the end. Trail work Sunday, oh DAMN did we ever build a sweet road gap :eek:
Damn man!
I'm gonna feel so bad at MBW holding you guys up.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
The MS Bike Tour ride kicked ass on Sunday!! And I feel good today too. I feel better this year after the ride than I did last year - so I guess that's good news.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Westy said:
You any where near the Blue Ridge Parkway? For road riding they are both the cats meow.
I lived in Warrenton, VA from 1980-1991. I spent most of my free time in dark clubs in DC piddling away my youth.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
I Are Baboon said:
:nope:

None of that monkey business until after Dalton, mister!

:p

Glad you were not injured, Splat. :)

Splat, didnt you read the contract for the Dalton race??

no freeriding, no DH racing and NO wheelies on teeters before the race !!!

J

JRB

I did 35 on the road Saturday, and 13 or so yesterday. Would've ridden more, but the bike broke.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
jacksonpt said:
I've driven that a few times... must be a hellish, but awesome ride.
Climbing up to the drive can be hellish, but hellish=awesome. The best part about the drive is in the summertime the temperatures can be 10-15 degrees cooler. Of course the scenery is spectacular and with a very slow park speed limit I feel safer than riding on other roads.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Rode Tryon with a newbie saturday. He went over the bars a couple of times but did good. It was fun. I hope he comes out again. Tryon is starting to get packed regularly and the trails are in great shape. Then we went to our new mountain bike park in Victor. Except for the heat, it was great. I really like that place. Not a lot of work but plenty of rewards. Good to get my head off of things for a while.....jdcamb

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
I had plans to ride saturday, but it rained all day friday and woke up to rain sat morning. It turned nice sat afternoon and by sunday the trails were in good enough shape to ride. Hit my favorite semi-local trail and had a blast. It has lots of rocky technical sections that were impossible to ride with wet tires, but it was still great. Rode about 13 miles or so.

Oh, and I found several scuffs on the anodized finish of my Yeti. The finish doesn't seem to be holding up quite as well as that on my Ellsworth.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
pixelninja said:
Oh, and I found several scuffs on the anodized finish of my Yeti. The finish doesn't seem to be holding up quite as well as that on my Ellsworth.
I've found that to be the case with cable rub. I'm surprised how fast the cables wear away the finish. Heck, the rear brake cable has worn a nice groove in the seat stay.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
jacksonpt said:
I've found that to be the case with cable rub. I'm surprised how fast the cables wear away the finish. Heck, the rear brake cable has worn a nice groove in the seat stay.
Clear tape is your friend... plastic will wear away aluminum very quickly, but plastic against plastic hardly wears at all.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Echo said:
Clear tape is your friend... plastic will wear away aluminum very quickly, but plastic against plastic hardly wears at all.
yea... my LBS has some clear stickers they use on frames to prevent cable rub... gotta stop over and get some of that at some point.

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
jacksonpt said:
This isn't even where cables rub. Its on the side of the downtube. Scuffed away some of the logo too.

On my Ells, I had cables zip-tied all over the place (the routing on that bike was crazy stupid) and after 2.5 years, there was no rubbing/scuffing. I would check all the time and nothing.

The 575 rides like a dream, but this was a bit dissapointing. Not that I'm going to trade it in or anything just because of the finish. This is my bike to keep for a long long time.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Ran my first DH race at Plattekill yesterday. Came in 3rd in my class! Pretty stoked about it!!! Here's some pics...

Me coming off the ladder drop near the finish

The SWEET taste of success!! :thumb:

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
McGRP01 said:
Ran my first DH race at Plattekill yesterday. Came in 3rd in my class! Pretty stoked about it!!! Here's some pics...

Me coming off the ladder drop near the finish

The SWEET taste of success!! :thumb:

Way to go Tigg!!! :thumb: