Quantcast

-- Monday's Ride Thread --

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Had an awesome ride yesterday - just over 2 hours and about 11 miles total. Felt really good - had great legs, the bike was riding well, it was just one of those days, and I pounded the hell out of my bike. I am tired and sore today though because of it... but it's a good sore.

I still can't get over how bad the bugs are this year...

Did a very breif road ride yesterday as well... just a few miles to break in my new shoes/cleats/new-to-me pedals. Everything feels good so far, but I need more miles on them to know for sure.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Went for a nice ride on Friday after school....REALLY hot & muggy. I don't believe I have ever felt as disgusting after a ride. We rode our usual loop and 2 of the guys bailed out early due to fatigue from the heat/humidity. I am not really sure how I mustered through, but I did and managed to climb well too :confused: I really don't get it! Had house guests over the weekend so not too much formal riding, worked on the bike a bit and rode around the yard on our trails.

Riding toinght though :thumb:

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Rode with Jollytime and a couple of his buddies this past weekend. The pace was faster than what I am used to with few stops. We rode about 2.5 hours/15 miles each day. My legs were HURTING after the rides. It was HOT and HUMID. We finished off Saturday's ride by jumping into a cold river. Ahhhhhh. :)

Gotta love a weekend of riding, eating, and beering.

Crashby

Monkey
Jan 26, 2003
Rochester, NY
Echo and I went on a training ride for a couple of hours in the morning and learned that it was bad to eat a big bowl of cereal just before a long ride.

Later in the day, I rode to my Dads for a bar-b-q, and after a couple of hours, rode home. 3 rides in one day!

I saw lots of dead animals on the side of the road. 2 turtles, one small snake, a rat, and a bloated squirrel.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
shortish road ride Friday, felt pretty crappy so I decided to stay close to a pool Sat. & skip riding, yesterday I did some xc'ing and damn was it HUMID!

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
jacksonpt said:
Had an awesome ride yesterday - just over 2 hours and about 11 miles total. Felt really good - had great legs, the bike was riding well, it was just one of those days, and I pounded the hell out of my bike. I am tired and sore today though because of it... but it's a good sore.

I still can't get over how bad the bugs are this year...

Did a very breif road ride yesterday as well... just a few miles to break in my new shoes/cleats/new-to-me pedals. Everything feels good so far, but I need more miles on them to know for sure.
had the same type of ride, and unfortunately the same type of bugs :dead:

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
Spent most of Saturday morning watching Loco trying to get the front deraileur to work on my newly built up Jamis. Decided it was good enough and hit the trails at 2:30pm for a short hour and a half ride, and it was a bit warm.

Sunday I did a solo 3hr road ride. Explored a few new roads. Found the Cowboy Church.

Does anybody else weigh themselves before riding and after? I drank nearly a gallon of liquid(8lbs) on the ride and still lost around 3 lbs by the time I finished.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Hot & Humid up here also... 104F with 80% humidity... :dead:

12 miles ride at Coaticook, add serious mud and clay, and chainsuck from hell and you get what...

A cool ride!! :thumb:

Andy_B

Monkey
Jul 21, 2004
whereabouts unknown
Sun: Spent 3 hours at the BMX track on the 4X bike. My Fitness sucks...
Sat: 16 Miles worth of fast and flowing XC trails. 8 miles of it was in a total down poor.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Crashby summed up my Sunday ride pretty well :D

Saturday I fixed a broken axle instead of riding :(

I gotta check out that Coaticook place soon!

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Kingdom Trails are in great shape. That toll road - Upper Dead Moose Alley - Dead Moose Alley - Pinkham Road - Moose Alley route is fantastic! And JT showed me some new stuff, too.

Edit: Bugs at the campground were MINIMAL. :thumb:

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Rode in Tryon. Ecoli creek was raging. Got some in a cut on my leg and it got all red and swollen. Can't be good. It was pretty slick and we had some good spills. Oh yeah I got a new old bike :thumb:

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
i took the big boy 7point7 out to Mountain creek on sunday... the bike is sweet .. I'm loving it.. I started out on easy trails to get used to it, it wasnt long before i was hitting the Dominion jump trail... the bike feels really good, and i dont think its even set up that great yet... cant wait to get out there again!!!!! :blah:

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
douglas said:
ohhh, I just figured it for where I was riding

Humidex= 118.328 degree Fahrenheit :eek:
I have no idea what the humidex temp was, but there were all kinds of heat advisories on Sunday... people passing out left and right I guess. wusses.

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
I had a great ride yesterday. Not sure of the time/distance, but it was somewhere around 3.5-4 hours and 22-23 miles. The trails were nice and tacky from recent rains and the temp hovered in the mid 60's. The clouds kept threatening to dump on us, but the weather gods were nice enough to wait until we were done to let loose the rain.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
douglas said:
shortish road ride Friday, felt pretty crappy so I decided to stay close to a pool Sat. & skip riding, yesterday I did some xc'ing and damn was it HUMID!
Doug, How'd you do at the race on Sunday?

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
McGRP01 said:
Doug, How'd you do at the race on Sunday?

pretty good, just surviving the humidity was an accomplishment for all that finished it.........

and I said "Hi" to your Dalton teammate when I passed him :devil:

Shyrmp

Nekkid Girl Gone Wild
Dec 31, 2002
The suburbs of Mexico.....
No riding for me on Saturday because I was at my co-workers wedding. Yesterday was a great time spent riding with friends.

Alf (Fonzie18) showing us proper jumping techniques

His brother Adrian

Orven testing out if his shoulder was healed after last weeks race

TJ (lovebunny) kept going around the jumps

So I had to show him how it was done....:p

So he decided to follow my lead.....

And what is a good day of jumping without spending some time in the bushes?

It was a great day, can't wait to get on my bike and ride again.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
douglas said:
pretty good, just surviving the humidity was an accomplishment for all that finished it.........

and I said "Hi" to your Dalton teammate when I passed him :devil:
I think Doug is being overly modest. According to an email I received he won in his class on Sunday!!!!!! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
splat said:
Saturday Spent the Day building a New XC/freeride trail, 6 hrs in hot and humid weather , be we got a lot done. then Yesterday did a 3 hr ride ( hot and Humid again ) anda 1/2 Hr Kayak . sse Picture thread.
:stupid: What he said. Man was it hot during TM Saturday. :blah:

Darkreaper

Monkey
Sep 26, 2004
Away in the head
Yesterday's ride was great, two laps of a nice local trail, then I tried a little step-up jump with quite a kick on it, but the landing was flat and high so I would up endoing, landed square on my right shoulder :stosh:

Work today sucked big-time, my right arm is next to useless and I suck as a lefty :(