Quantcast

-- Monday's Ride Thread --

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Who rode this weekend? Anyone riding tonight?

I know dalton was the big event this weekend, but I'm sure it will have several threads of it's own (deservedly so).

I did the Friday night LBS shop ride. This is usually made up of stronger riders than is the more casual Wednesday night group ride, so I thought it would be a good measure of my ability. I stayed with the fast group the whole way, though I didn't know the trails, and I didn't know if/how well I'd be able to keep up, so I generally hung out near the back. It was an easier ride - no real steep climbing, but some fun tight singletrack. We covered a TON of ground and the pace was pretty good.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Rode Tryon after work on friday. Fun stuff as always. Went to the Twilight Crit in downtown on saturday. I worked there in the AM and spectated at night. Very cool to watch how fast the pros go. Even cooler to work on thier bikes. I want to be on the Sierra Nevada team :thumb: Woke up early and went to Letchworth yesterday. Place always kicks my ass but I was pummeled by deet and heat. Then I ran out of water. I can't wait to go back......jdcamb

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
I am glad to hear your keeping your own with those guys Jackson... sounds like you are well on your way to start racing. It seems as though I am getting more and more into lately as well... all i care about these days is riding more and more... Im going to Cali for a bit next month and I am going crazy looking at all the places i can ride!!!!
I dont think I am interested in racing, but who knows.. maybe once i get faster

Andy_B

Monkey
Jul 21, 2004
whereabouts unknown
A Buddy and I... thought it would be a good idea to drive down to SnowShoe friday night to ride on saturday. The drive home after riding for 7 hours. We were right, the place was dry, there was only 30 people on the Mtn. We both live north of Detroit, Mi

We logged 5 runs down the west side to check out the new Pro Course, sweet dreams and Power Line. 10 down the East side... Top half B rocks Bottom half D,K, I, G, and H are all good time.

The PC was sweet, very fast. Longer rock sections, a few small drops. Flows great. Did I say it was fast... ya its fast
SD- Fast and flow`y
Powerline (A-Line type trail)- Takes for ever to get to.... but your moving 45 mph the whole time. Once your there. The run is very pedal heavy, the jumps are very poorly built, but the berms were great. There are a few sections that really rob you of your speed on that run. Rummor has it they are going to extend the run to the top of the mtn.

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
My bike was in disrepair so no rides for me, however I am hitting up durand today as per usual. I also went to the twilight crit here in Roch and it was very cool. Pretty nice ending as well after the breakaway lapped the main field.

obsesor

Chimp
Jun 23, 2005
Garner, NC
Rode Beaver dam this weekend, being new to mountain biking I am just glad i finished the near 13 miles of trails we did. and had a blast.

berkshire_rider said:
Did you ride the Nemba trail one handed? :confused:
Hell, no. I did Bob's Trail, some of the carriage roads and the West loop, out and back from the entrance by Lincoln Street. I walked the cobbiest sections, really don't want to re-roach the arm.

Some horse rider's group, (CBHA?) had a trail ride marked out, including Bob's trail, which I think is theoretically off limits to horses... I think that some of their markers may have wound up in my pockets somehow...

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Eh, went to the local 'flow park' on Saturday to practice jumps and drops. Sunday shuttled gnarly dh trails. I'm so sore I can't get up from my desk. :help: