Quantcast

***Monderp GMT***

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Hahahahha. That's a good joke. Yes of course. Wellcome to Eastern Yurp work culture. That woman is impossible to kick out. She is a high school friend of the owners wife, her husband is our company lawyer and that plus some financial shenanighans she does for the owner.
Bro-jobs are everywhere. I've just witnessed one in a publicly traded company here in the US of A where a board member's boy didn't feel like coming to work yet thanks to his air cover he was non-fireable.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
More fighting nature ie weeds and birds.

Had the more contracts by the house today. These guys should be able to help clean up the place ie take down wall paper and get down to the original floor.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
More fighting nature ie weeds and birds.

Had the more contracts by the house today. These guys should be able to help clean up the place ie take down wall paper and get down to the original floor.
Sounds like my house. This is what I've found under 50 years old carpet and mats. The carpets were relatively easy. Wall-to-wall wallpaper - that was a first class PITA as all the walls (horsehair plaster) needed to be patched and sanded before painting...
upload_2017-7-17_16-46-34.png

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
XL Trance confirmed too short. No Reign's in stock. Last shop had no non-27.5+ Spec Enduro's in stock. Apparently Santa Cruz, as a city, doesn't stock Enduro bikes.

Any brands I'm missing here that make Enduro class bikes? Yeti, Spec, Giant, SC, Evil, Trek

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
XL Trance confirmed too short. No Reign's in stock. Last shop had no non-27.5+ Spec Enduro's in stock. Apparently Santa Cruz, as a city, doesn't stock Enduro bikes.

Any brands I'm missing here that make Enduro class bikes? Yeti, Spec, Giant, SC, Evil, Trek
Turner RFX, however the XL only has a 25.5" TT.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
So, had something exciting happen on my long ride Saturday. Was climbing up the access road to Grand Targhee and came upon the 'Deadman's Curve' switchback...there was a squid on the ground in the dirt that couldn't get himself out from under his bike. I came over (in my spandex) and lifted the bike off of him. He said 'Thanks, dude', but he was pissed at himself. Lost his left peg, mast have been a pain to ride home...

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord

intense? rocky? yt? devinci?

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Turner RFX, however the XL only has a 25.5" TT.
@Nick and I we're talking about it after the Evil shuttling. I'm not a huge fan of the DW-Link suspension, it's always felt dead to me. I like to hop and flick the bike around as I ride and I never felt that on the DW-Link. I tried an Ibis Mojo HD a few years back and it was just dead, despite my effort to tune pop into it.

At least now I have two examples of short reach and stack and one long, so I can narrow down my search based of fit.

I looked at the GT Sanction, as I really liked the I-Drive pre-Pacific. Nobody carries it in stock though, so you are effectively buying blind, and that isn't priced in, imho.

intense? rocky? yt? devinci?
Intense Carbide fits. Our friend has one, raves about how great it is (according to Nick) and she's already broken one. It wouldn't stand a chance with me.

I didn't think about the Cannuck brands... Dollar conversion has to be epic right now.

As for YT and the other mail-order bikes, there is no way to get a test on the size. I'm a damn wookie. I have to be able to confirm that a frame is large enough before I drop non-refundable coin on a bike. In theory, stack and reach should be consistent comparisons across all brands, but I'm finding bikes with similar stack/reach that feel completely different from a sitting fit position.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
SOOOOOOOON :drool: Oh yes, there will be tacos.....or some bacon wrapped jalepenos.....or both?!

I can now hold a beer with my left hand and without the sling on. Things are suddenly not so bad. :D

Seriously. Take advantage. The amount of US cars on the roads up here has sky rocketed, I'm guessing partly because a vacation can be had up here for about the cost of a meal at McDonalds for you guys.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
@Nick and I we're talking about it after the Evil shuttling. I'm not a huge fan of the DW-Link suspension, it's always felt dead to me. I like to hop and flick the bike around as I ride and I never felt that on the DW-Link. I tried an Ibis Mojo HD a few years back and it was just dead, despite my effort to tune pop into it.

At least now I have two examples of short reach and stack and one long, so I can narrow down my search based of fit.

I looked at the GT Sanction, as I really liked the I-Drive pre-Pacific. Nobody carries it in stock though, so you are effectively buying blind, and that isn't priced in, imho.

Intense Carbide fits. Our friend has one, raves about how great it is (according to Nick) and she's already broken one. It wouldn't stand a chance with me.

I didn't think about the Cannuck brands... Dollar conversion has to be epic right now.

As for YT and the other mail-order bikes, there is no way to get a test on the size. I'm a damn wookie. I have to be able to confirm that a frame is large enough before I drop non-refundable coin on a bike. In theory, stack and reach should be consistent comparisons across all brands, but I'm finding bikes with similar stack/reach that feel completely different from a sitting fit position.
Transition Patrol?

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Ellsworth Rogue Sixty should be perfect for him then.

No single pivot, crabon fibre, XL is Willie sized and it carries panache in gated communities.
he lives in the ranch...no gates there....parker has the gated communities but it is considered kansas...

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Hauled my flabby carcass onto the bike, got to the gym, did 5 miles on the fake bike, then got on my bike and rode home.

First exercise since April. This is gonna be a long, hard road out of Hell.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Hauled my flabby carcass onto the bike, got to the gym, did 5 miles on the fake bike, then got on my bike and rode home.

First exercise since April. This is gonna be a long, hard road out of Hell.
You must spread reputation to at least 4 other user(s) before you can give reputation to mandown again.
How the fuck is this still possible? 2nd time today.

Fucking illegal's taking up all the white mans rep. :mad: