Quantcast

***Monderp GMT***

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Sounds like my house. This is what I've found under 50 years old carpet and mats. The carpets were relatively easy. Wall-to-wall wallpaper - that was a first class PITA as all the walls (horsehair plaster) needed to be patched and sanded before painting...
View attachment 125875
There is wood on all floor that are covered by old crap this was simply how you bild floor back then at least on the second floor. Will be interesting to see what shape its in though. I was able to pull some wall paper off but it will be interesting to see how the wall will fair. I am sure some will need re patching. I will cover all wall and sealing with glass fiber filt which will avoid cracks developing over time and make the wall much stronger.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Well. Good luck with your job search then!
Thanks. I'm seriously considering whoring myself to some consulting company for good money so I can start my own business. I've had a friendly designer teach me a ton about clothes and Poland used to be a sewing powerhouse so producing clothes is cheap and easy here. The movie business here has to few companies and I'd really like to be my own boss after all of this.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
Bro-jobs are everywhere. I've just witnessed one in a publicly traded company here in the US of A where a board member's boy didn't feel like coming to work yet thanks to his air cover he was non-fireable.
Not coming to work is not that bad. At least that's not really an obstacle. It's way worse when people actively work against the company slowing down certain processes or coming up with ideas that are stupid (just came from a meeting where a french comedy for the massess was compared to a drama about Dalida in their commercial potential since "they are both french and have the same distributor). I'd really like if all the unfireable people here didn't come to work since this company used to work fine and I really liked my job then.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
It is bad when the person is the only internal UX designer for an engineering team with ~100 heads and there is no budget for another one.
I think the bigger problem is having one UX designer for 100 person team.

Also I still don't understand how UX designers differ from graphic designers who know web page design.