Quantcast

***Monderp GMT***

amishmatt

Turbo Monkey
Sep 21, 2005
Lancaster, PA
Built my new frame on Friday and got two shakedown rides in this weekend. Already managed to crash it.

IMG_2661.jpg

Also did some scouting for new trails we're building next year. Have a couple of miles planned that will add trail in a brand new area of our trail system and bypass gravel road climbs.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Morning!

Stripped my truck in preparation for its visit to the body shop this morning. Hope they are able to get it all done and back to me before Christmas, but I suppose we shall see.

Short work week with no boss = best work week. Time to plan my 4 days off.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Drove in to work today for the first time at the new job. Took about 25 minutes. Which is 10 minutes longer than biking.

Tomorrow I will be a note taker at a lobbying meeting with my Minister, who is the equivalent of the EPA administrator. Should be interesting. Kinda looking forward to to it. I've heard she's a very smart person, and a workhorse. Could be weird though, as her Chief of Staff is one of my riding buddies. It would be awkward if he was there...

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
Encountered a turd on an eFat bike at the local trails yesterday. Not approved.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!

A crisp Fall morning out there. Started my day out with a visit to the local Development Services Permitting Office for a sign package I'm working on for a local college....nothing like government entity interaction to start your day out....I should be allowed to just clock out and go home after that. The-above-and-beyond-hazard-duty furlough to heal the hole in my brain.

Nice weekend - spent Saturday cleaning the leaves off the yard, only to see Sunday's high winds redeposit them back onto said yard. So, I started drinking. That helped.

Y'all go be cool-ass people today.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hiya friends! I've got a 9-11 meeting and nobody showed up for it, so I am just sitting in the conference room alone on my laptop doing a whole lot of FTS. I'd say Monday can't start any better than this.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
People upstairs in the house I rent have another dog. This time, unlike last year (dog sitting), I'm pretty sure this is their dog. This fucker of a puppy was running around today at 4am. And when they aren't home, it barks and whines for literal hours. Need to have a polite word with them......:banghead:

Anyways. Work and then perhaps a phatbike ride and some beer tonight.

I really need to get some new winter tires. I want to spend money, but these tire shops are the absolute worst at returning calls or even simply answering their phones.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Was out Thursday and Friday with the green apple splatters. Turns out it is stress related, Hmm, go figure. Working on my meditation and trying to suppress to urge to choke someone. See if I survive to the end of the month.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
tired and sore af today.
hiked St, Mary's Saturday to find wind scoured ice at the bottom & the wind was howling & blew me over several times so I bailed & had beers Georgetown with a homie.

Sunday hit Loveland and caught an amazing sunet & had a stellar day. My first day on skis since my tib/fib fracture. kinda heavy jumping back in but flet great after a couple of runs. my screw heads dig into my boot though, so that needs to be addressed pronto.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
my screw heads dig into my boot though, so that needs to be addressed pronto.
http://www.larrysbootfitting.com/

I am at work. Was to be an academic day with a noon meeting, then working 5-10. Due to a co-worker who recently traveled to South Africa having possible malaria then I'm now working 8A-10P. At least I'll get this paid back to me later in the year.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Called in with a bad case of malaise and lack of fucks. Car in the shop, 4 hours of labor to replace a fucking thermostat.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Oh, hey Monkies! Retirement is hard... I have nobody to delegate my responsibilities too. On the plus side my years of sevice plus my age have earned me a COBRA rate of just under $1,400 per month. Blue Cross - Blue Shill was going up to $2,200 per month. Time is expensive but totally worth it. Decided not to gold plate the crapper.

Secret Santa lured me into logging in again.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Oh, hey Monkies! Retirement is hard... I have nobody to delegate my responsibilities too. On the plus side my years of sevice plus my age have earned me a COBRA rate of just under $1,400 per month. Blue Cross - Blue Shill was going up to $2,200 per month. Time is expensive but totally worth it. Decided not to gold plate the crapper.

Secret Santa lured me into logging in again.
Shouldn't you be eligible for major ACA subsidies, being you have no income any more?

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
3 yo had a meltdown on the way home from seeing a movie in the cinema. Made for a distracting exit of the car, and wife dealt with him while I went inside with our eldest.

Got in the car this am to find someone had rifled through it and stolen my Bluetooth headphones.

Forgot to lock the car. Godammit. A pox on petty thieves.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Oh, and to the guy I see on 119 everyday wearing a
3 yo had a meltdown on the way home from seeing a movie in the cinema. Made for a distracting exit of the car, and wife dealt with him while I went inside with our eldest.

Got in the car this am to find someone had rifled through it and stolen my Bluetooth headphones.

Forgot to lock the car. Godammit. A pox on petty thieves.
i blame the ornery 3 y/o. thug.