Quantcast

MONKEYFEST!!!! 2006 ! ( dial, ups it will be a few days! )

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
Oh and anyone outside of the rochester crew may have missed out. We stopped at the long trail inn I believe, it was this irish pub. It was awesome, the bar was like one long section of a tree. One wall was a rockface, and there was like a rock outcrop in the middle of the floor. Also I saw the most perfect pour of guinness in all my years. The guy put so much care into it, it was almost like a work of art. Also they have fantastic reubens. That is all.

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
Where was the Long Trail Inn - Rutland? The Long Trail brewery is in Bridgewater, VT. on Rte 4, and there's the Norwich Inn in Norwich VT. It has real good beer. There's a Long Trail Inn in Johnson, Vermont on Route 15, but it's not what I'd call on the way back to Rochester.

:confused:

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
I think that is what it was called, I'd have to ask Echo. It certainly wasn't the long trail brewery. I'll do a little goolging and see if I cant find it.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
GumbaFish said:
Ok I think this is it. It is called inn at the long trail, and the pub is mcgraths irish pub.http://www.innatlongtrail.com/pub.htm. It is a pub that is part of an inn I guess. It was over by killington I believe.
It's at the top of Pico Peak, right below the Deers Leap section of the Long Trail. When I was in college, we used to go there for St. Patty's Day. The palce was ALWAYS packed!! Good times!! :thumb:

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
TreeSaw said:
Sq-Earl & I were just discussing a fall trip up to KT. Interested? We may even be able to arrange for some on-site babysitting services too :dancing:
I could do early-October, but only if I can get a committed passenger or two for the trip to split costs with. I spent nearly $200 in gas for Monkeyfest. :eek:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
BikeGeek said:
I could do early-October, but only if I can get a committed passenger or two for the trip to split costs with. I spent nearly $200 in gas for Monkeyfest. :eek:
Excellent!!! I have word that the lodge could be available Sept. 29th - Oct. 1st! Now we just need to arrange some carpooling!