Quantcast

Monroe Area DH?

joelsman

Turbo Monkey
Feb 1, 2002
B'ham
well said erik(a few posts up)

I know the loggers know about the snake, they have given a friend a ride to the top of the trail before. That and they thinned out the trees at the entrance, they couldn't miss the trail doing that. Since they know about the trail and haven't tried to stop us from riding it, or cutting out the 3 ladders, everything else is naturual, they must not care too much as long as it remains low key, building big stunts is not low key. I like natural trail features the best anyways.

so keep talking about the snake trail and posting riding dates, it is cool with me, just don't take anyone there who can't ride the trail, if you don't know, don't take them there first, ride somewhere else.

joel

joelsman

Turbo Monkey
Feb 1, 2002
B'ham
by only allowing people you know can ride well enough to ride the trail, you will be helping keep the trail open longer, and to help keep the lawsuits away. that and the trail will need less work, people who can't ride a difficult section usually mess it up when they hike down.

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
This is trailhacker. Can't log out of Snacks at home for some reason - goddamn MozillA!!!
My only beef with people exchanging this kind of info via RM or where ever is this - lots of people ride trails but very few work on them. This time of year damage happens very quickly to trails and it means more time for poeple working on trails and less riding.
I'd rather keep any locations I work on low key so I don't have to spend time working on blown out berms or jumps or better yet the "shortcuts" people always seem to make so they can go "faster". If there is a turn in a trail its meant to be there by the people that built the trail. If this interferes with your "flow", go ride a different trail or go build your own!!!! This applies to XC trails as well.
Another thing is the more people find out, the more they want to build things. If its more trail, lets get crackin'. But it seems lately people are infatuated with stunts. Not my bag but but people can do what they like. I just don't want to put a bunch of work into an area to get grief from whomever because the yare pissed about the structures being built.
Trails get found out eventualy and that is the natural progression I prefer, I guess a form of word-of-mouth. As for some new guy in town thats the breaks. I'm not saying don't ever tell this person, but they should start at other local area that people aren't discreet about and work their way in from there.
This is kind of a tired topic. It seems to pop up again every so often. Probably winter time when people have too much time on their hands.

erikkellison

Monkey
Jan 28, 2004
Denver, CO
joelsman said:
...so keep talking about the snake trail and posting riding dates, it is cool with me, just don't take anyone there who can't ride the trail, if you don't know, don't take them there first, ride somewhere else.
joel
For sure, I wouldn't take anyone on the Snake that I didn't think could handle it.