Quantcast

Montana DH Races

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Jedzilla DH Race in Missoula on June 20. Starts at 200pm. DH race times average 12-14 minutes!!!!

RideND

Monkey
Nov 1, 2003
Mandan, ND
Sorry to take you off topic. I was wondering if you have ever ridden Big Sky. If so, pm me because I want to know some stuff about it and other trails in the area.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Ive never ridden Big Sky but I heard the DH race is awesome. Im going to try and make it this year.

How is the DH race in Red Lodge?

Jou

Monkey
May 16, 2004
Powell/Laramie, Wyoming
Not sure, but i'm helping to build the track, so i'll let you know later on how it is going. They are moving hte track off of forest land and onto private land.

when is big sky?

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
dude big sky has some awsome riding i just got back from orientation in missoula and stopped there for a few days it rocked. blue mtn in missoula where the 12 min race is being held is an awsome mtn with lots of great riding

oh and b5tw i made it down the course in 10 min 27 seconds flat

Jou

Monkey
May 16, 2004
Powell/Laramie, Wyoming
dexter said:
dude big sky has some awsome riding i just got back from orientation in missoula and stopped there for a few days it rocked. blue mtn in missoula where the 12 min race is being held is an awsome mtn with lots of great riding

oh and b5tw i made it down the course in 10 min 27 seconds flat
you didn't happen to find out when the race is?

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Dexter,
Thats not a bad time but.... where did you start and where did you finish? The course record is under 10 min by Clay. Im happy if I break 10:45. Usually under 11 min will land ya in the top 5.

RideND

Monkey
Nov 1, 2003
Mandan, ND
I did my first lift-accessed DHing today at Big Sky (I am in Bozeman for the week, post more about that later) and it was really fun. I was kinda pissed that I got two flats but the runs are really rocky. The Enduro I have is not really suited either but it was still a blast. I saw a sign that said the Dh race is on the 21st. Wish I could be around to check that out. I am having an awesome time.