Quantcast

More Anti-French stuff...

ChrisRobin

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Vancouver
Why not 'remind' the French about WW2? The allies did save their asses.

Hey JMAC, don't forget President Degaulle (who was a general in the French Army during the war) tried to stir up political sh!t here in Montreal a few years after WW2. Hows that for gratitude when there are a lot of dead Canadian troops buried over there too. I say, scew 'em.

Stellite

Monkey
Feb 21, 2002
ManASSas, VA
Originally posted by JMAC
Maybe you should learn some history in WW2 the US did shlt for France it wasn't until they were attacked in Pearl Harbour by Japan that they did anything. The US didn't go into ww2 to help it was to save their sorry asses.
Your kidding, right? If you believe the crap you just stated, then you live in a bubble. France sat on it's azz while hitler was cruising eastern europe gobbling up countries. France acted when it was to late, which appears to be a common french trait. The US was attacked in Pearl Harbor and entered the war against both Japan and Germany which had become allies. If it wasn't for the US's industrial might, europe would have gone to Goosestepping.

If it wasn't for the US, Russia would have lost it's shorts against Germany. WE supplied them with vast amounts of weapons to fight the Germans.

If it wasn't for Americans, the Chinese might be eating Sushi.

But there is something to thank the french for. I'd like to thank the French for starting the VIetnam war, getting the US involved and then running away to leave the US holding the Bag. Running away sound familiar?

I'd also like to thank the french for the weight loss program, big plates and tiny meals.

So learn your history dude. Your right though we shouldn't have done shlt for the french in wwII, since they wanted to be the germans beeaach.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Maybe you should learn some history in WW2 the US did shlt for France it wasn't until they were attacked in Pearl Harbour by Japan that they did anything. The US didn't go into ww2 to help it was to save their sorry asses.
In WWII it wasn't our sorry asses on the line, it was continental Europe that was having difficulty with that Hitler thing. We were friends with England to a limited extent but we were not allies in the way we are today with NATO and the United Nations. If we had devoted 100% of our efforts to fighting the Japanese and assisting Australia, the Pacific theatre would have closed much sooner. WWII and world politics of the day were no less complicated then they are today - the war wasn't just about Hitler.

The war with Japan was not totally related to the issues that led up to the war in Europe. Germany was not properly contained after it's defeat in WWI.

JMAC - you seem like a smart kid but on this issue I think you have much to learn.

patconnole

Monkey
Jun 4, 2002
bellingham WA
Originally posted by zibbler
Well said. It amazes me how many people think Bush wants to go to war because of his ego or something. That's BS. Like him or not, he is our leader and is doing what he has to do to defend our country. How quickly everyone forgets what actually happened on 9/11/01. Islam declared war on US! We MUST defend ourselves. If we don't, then the whole world will be wearing turbans and bowing to allah one day.

"Islam declared war on the US!"???????!!!!! Are you trying to start a holy war, talking like that? What's the point of making such generalizations--- especially in a time like this when identifying the enemy is so freakin hard. Is that your fear? That we'll all be wearing turbans one day? Worshipping a false god for you?!

It's this attitude, on both sides of the line, that creates "jihads," holy wars, etc...... We're gonna have raise ourselves above that mindset for things to get better.

"Your shedding a lot of light on this situation. Unfortunately, the light's coming from the cross you just set on fire."

zibbler

Monkey
Originally posted by patconnole
"Islam declared war on the US!"???????!!!!! Are you trying to start a holy war, talking like that? What's the point of making such generalizations--- especially in a time like this when identifying the enemy is so freakin hard. Is that your fear? That we'll all be wearing turbans one day? Worshipping a false god for you?!

It's this attitude, on both sides of the line, that creates "jihads," holy wars, etc...... We're gonna have raise ourselves above that mindset for things to get better.

"Your shedding a lot of light on this situation. Unfortunately, the light's coming from the cross you just set on fire."
Oh please! Get a clue. If These terrorist fanatics had there way they would bury every free society on earth. That includes the U.S, England, Germany, France, etc. So mister think-you-have-it-all-figured-out. What do you suggest we do then? Maybe we should disarm, send Saddam a nice bouquet of flowers and chat over some tea with him? Get real!

patconnole

Monkey
Jun 4, 2002
bellingham WA
Oh please! Get a clue. If These terrorist fanatics had there way they would bury every free society on earth. That includes the U.S, England, Germany, France, etc. So mister think-you-have-it-all-figured-out. What do you suggest we do then? Maybe we should disarm, send Saddam a nice bouquet of flowers and chat over some tea with him? Get real!

Where did sending flowers to Saddam come from? What does that have to with anything?

I thought it was lame you said ISLAM is the enemy. Now you call them "These terorist fanatics". Do you still mean Islam, in general? I think you do-- And it reminds of the religious zeal that started this problem in the first place.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Originally posted by patconnole
Where did sending flowers to Saddam come from? What does that have to with anything?

I thought it was lame you said ISLAM is the enemy. Now you call them "These terorist fanatics". Do you still mean Islam, in general? I think you do-- And it reminds of the religious zeal that started this problem in the first place.
I blame the white Baptists - they can't sing and they can't dance. :monkey:

What Zibbler meant to say was certain religeous leaders and/or extremists of the Islamic faith have called for a Holy War against the United States due to our support of Isreal. She just thought it would be shorter to type Islam because she is Canadian. :D

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
Well, if you can point out how many of these terrorists on 9/11, or the USS Cole, or the embassy bombings in Africa were Iraqi, I would appreciate it.

You want to really fight terrorism? Start looking at Saudi Arabia and Pakistan. Claiming that Saddam was involved in the September 11 attacks at this point is pretty disingenuous. Hell, even Colin Powell can't make a strong case for it.

Btw: It's not just the French that oppose a war in Iraq at this point. Although I agree that the French government are a bunch of assholes who have had arrogant and harmful foreign policies for a long time, that doesn't mean I bear the French people any ill will. The whole, "You'd be speaking German" thing strikes me as childish and jingoistic. How long are they supposed to suck our dicks before we let them off the hook anyways?

patconnole

Monkey
Jun 4, 2002
bellingham WA
Originally posted by Silver
How long are they supposed to suck our dicks before we let them off the hook anyways?
For as long as the grandchildren of Americans who died in WW2 think they can take credit for what their grandparents did.

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
Originally posted by Stellite
Your kidding, right? If you believe the crap you just stated, then you live in a bubble. France sat on it's azz while hitler was cruising eastern europe gobbling up countries. France acted when it was to late, which appears to be a common french trait. The US was attacked in Pearl Harbor and entered the war against both Japan and Germany which had become allies. If it wasn't for the US's industrial might, europe would have gone to Goosestepping.

If it wasn't for the US, Russia would have lost it's shorts against Germany. WE supplied them with vast amounts of weapons to fight the Germans.

If it wasn't for Americans, the Chinese might be eating Sushi.

But there is something to thank the french for. I'd like to thank the French for starting the VIetnam war, getting the US involved and then running away to leave the US holding the Bag. Running away sound familiar?

I'd also like to thank the french for the weight loss program, big plates and tiny meals.

So learn your history dude. Your right though we shouldn't have done shlt for the french in wwII, since they wanted to be the germans beeaach.

...that our aspiring Frenchie has heard of "Liberty Ships" either. It was not enough that we were supplying them with the guns, ammunition, airplanes and countless TONS of war material to fight back with on an armada of ships built solely for that purpose. We had to go and do the fighting, too, because God forbid a Frenchman get hurt defending his own country from invasion! Even the French realize that their nation is not worth shedding a drop of blood to save! The French are like a drunk driver who sues his rescuer for bumping his head while in the process of dragging his drunk ass from a burning car. :rolleyes:

Stellite

Monkey
Feb 21, 2002
ManASSas, VA
Originally posted by llkoolkeg
...that our aspiring Frenchie has heard of "Liberty Ships" either. It was not enough that we were supplying them with the guns, ammunition, airplanes and countless TONS of war material to fight back with on an armada of ships built solely for that purpose. We had to go and do the fighting, too, because God forbid a Frenchman get hurt defending his own country from invasion! Even the French realize that their nation is not worth shedding a drop of blood to save! The French are like a drunk driver who sues his rescuer for bumping his head while in the process of dragging his drunk ass from a burning car. :rolleyes:
Good one and true.

oh and lets not forget that the french were using WWI tactics in the severely short time that they stood facing Germany in WWII. They made a static artillery line facing Germany and waited for the Germans to come head on, but instead the Germans went around and came from behind, hehe. That one is a classic military blunder. I guess that's what happens when a herbivore takes on a predator, he gets flanked and outsmarted.

Oh and I don't think that Bush really cares what the UN thinks and votes on. My guess is that he wanted a vote to see where our, so called "friends" stood. We now know. I don't think they will be getting any of our money any time soon, anymore.

Darryl

Monkey
Jan 29, 2002
ZION
OMG that person is the biggest focking idiot. The friggen US wouldn't exsite if it wasn't for the French who actaully did the real fighting againts the British the French gave the statue of Liberty as a present to the US what the hell is the problem with the fing americans your stupid war is the most retarded idea ever and i'm happy that atleast france has enough pride to stand up against you morons.:angry: :angry: :angry: :devil:
I'm don't hate all americans just i don't like the ones that think they should make a war out of nothing:devil:
He hates us so much he failed to grasp the language and grammer.

ibismojo

Monkey
Nov 6, 2001
San Diego
Why does everyone keep saying that the French is lucky to be around because the US intervened and saved them from being occupied by the Nazi's. US help was inevitable, Japan bombed Pearl Harbor, that's what got us into the war. It just so happened that France was the launching point of pushing back Hitler's forces. Could have been Belgium...or Spain...or Portugal. But France was strategically the best place to start. Honestly, I bet the English would have had a hard time keeping Hitler's army and Mussolini's forces at bay if England was where France was. The Germans were fast and precise and packed a lot of punch which no one expected. Very different from trench warfare.

And why does everyone pick on the French? Do the Russians pick on the Poles cause they went in and liberated them from Hitler? Probably not. Or how about the Swiss, who supposedly stayed neutral? Oh the French should be thankful for the US in WWII...oh the US should be thankful for France during the revolutionary war. Perhaps under all this, US helped an old, forgotten friend when the US needed help. It is unfortunate that France was overrun by Germanty, twice. But that's history. What are you gonna do? There's probably some stuff in-store for the US. Pearl Harbor, 9-11 anyone? Someone will always be pissed at someone and we'll just have to deal with it. There is no "Final Solution" much like what Hitler would have liked to believe.

zibbler

Monkey
Originally posted by Serial Midget
I blame the white Baptists - they can't sing and they can't dance. :monkey:

What Zibbler meant to say was certain religeous leaders and/or extremists of the Islamic faith have called for a Holy War against the United States due to our support of Isreal. She just thought it would be shorter to type Islam because she is Canadian. :D
Thanks Midget. I guess it was blatantly obvious to all but one. :rolleyes:

Stellite

Monkey
Feb 21, 2002
ManASSas, VA
Originally posted by Brian HCM#1
And their knives kick butt:D
Solingen steel is good, but as a knife collector there is some stuff which is light years ahead. If you are into knives let me know. But swiss steel has always been good as is their quality of manufacture.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Solingen steel is good, but as a knife collector there is some stuff which is light years ahead. If you are into knives let me know. But swiss steel has always been good as is their quality of manufacture.
Actually I don't care about knives, just as a kid I always wanted a real cool Swiss Army knife, you know the one with the tweezers and toothpick;) , that was 30 years ago though:( And since someone brought up watches I'd throw in knives. However my favorite cheese is swiss:D

steelewheels

Monkey
Oct 26, 2001
Well said. It amazes me how many people think Bush wants to go to war because of his ego or something. That's BS. Like him or not, he is our leader and is doing what he has to do to defend our country. How quickly everyone forgets what actually happened on 9/11/01. Islam declared war on US! We MUST defend ourselves. If we don't, then the whole world will be wearing turbans and bowing to allah one day.
thats the most racist thing i have ever heard... i wonder why there is so much intolerance int he world...

Attachments

Mani_UT

Monkey
Nov 25, 2001
SLC, UT
Originally posted by llkoolkeg
...because God forbid a Frenchman get hurt defending his own country from invasion!
What the **** are you talking about. France lost way more soldiers defending its territory than the US ever will. You certainly can criticize the french government for bad decisions but not its soldiers for not fighting! You guys have never seen a real war, one where you try to defend your own home from the invaders. You are in no position to judge the French. Practically every family lost one or more of their sons in WWI, in WWII the French lost twice as many soldiers in 6 weeks than the US had casualties in 10 years of Vietnam. All you have going for you is a position geographically favorable with little or no potential ennemies at your door.

So yeah the French might me dislikeable, arrogant cheese eaters.. Why not..
Surrending monkeys? I think not.

Oh yeah I live in the US and I'd be the first one to take the arms against a foreign invasion but fight a war on the other side of the world for some obscure reasons? **** no.

:angry:

How people in your family died for your country?

FlipSide

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Mani_UT got it! :thumb:

I have some very good french friends who told me absolutely horrible stories about their grandfather had to endure FOR YEARS in the german prisons.

Reading such uneducated whining from some little ****s that weren't even born at the time of WW2 would probably piss them off real bad.

Some people on this board should really get rid of that pro-american "we-are-the-greatest-nation-ever-and-the-rest-of-the-world-has-to-obey-to-our-command". Get a ****in' grip on reality and maybe start questionning some decisions of your retarded president.

Our prime minister here is a retard too...but first, he's much less dangerous, and second, we do realize he's a moron.
:angry:

Lighten up and stop taking CNN for godspell!

patconnole

Monkey
Jun 4, 2002
bellingham WA
Originally posted by steelewheels
thats the most racist thing i have ever heard... i wonder why there is so much intolerance int he world...

No no, Zibbler explained it above-- or, let Serial Midgit explain it.

"How quickly everyone forgets what actually happened on 9/11/01. Islam declared war on US! We MUST defend ourselves. If we don't, then the whole world will be wearing turbans and bowing to allah one day."

Zibbler made a typo and forgot to put "EXTREMISTS" next to "Islam." You can totally tell it was typo from the following sentences, where the fear of "extremists" is expressed, NOT AN ENTIRE RELIGION.

I love how we're almost as consumed with the French "debt" to us, as we are the Iraqi "threat". The two go hand in hand in some people's minds--- Although they're both imaginary.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
Personally, I think it's more likely that the religious right is going to have a larger detrimental effect on my life than an Islamic extremist, but that's probably another thread :)

zibbler

Monkey
Originally posted by steelewheels
Where the fock do you get racism out of that? Good grief! What does racism have to do with a fanatical religious sect that decides to murder over 3000 innocent people. Let me guess, if there was a fanatical christian that bombed an abortion clinic, youd be all over that talking about how focked up christains are (which many of them are), and that would be acceptable to you. But when I said something about fanatical Islamics, now all of the sudden I'm a racist. Man, that is really a stretch.

You don't know sh!t about me, so don't be so presumptious. If you knew me, you'd know I'm one of the least racist people around. I don't judge people by the color of their skin, their religion or their gender, but by their actions.

Stellite

Monkey
Feb 21, 2002
ManASSas, VA
First of all all religions have their extremists and they are all dangerous. However, most religiouns don't take it to the point of flying planes into buildings. The muslim extremists are without a doubt the most dangerous and well funded of all, just ask the Israelis.

As for Bush being an idiot, I think the person that said it is a brainless idiot. nuf said.

as for the Canadian PM, Why do you say he is a moron, back it up. I love it when people talk crap and have no substantiation.

Everyone agrees Husein is a menace. Everyone agrees Bin Ladin is a menace, but no one wants to solve the problem. It seems that countries like to just stick their heads in the sand and hope it will go away. But people like these to egomaniacs don't go away unless you remove them. It will be done. The mistake made in the first war won't be made again. The arab world did not want Hussein removed or US troops in Baghdad. This time he is history and good ridance. Anyone that disagrees with this does not folow world affairs.

Also, I would like to point out that there was an idiot on the net that had a web site that spouted that the attack against the US by Bin ladin was made up and no planes actually hit any buildings. This idiot-traitor-pos was French if I am not mistaken.

FlipSide

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001

As for Bush being an idiot, I think the person that said it is a brainless idiot. nuf said.
I'm not...try again!

as for the Canadian PM, Why do you say he is a moron, back it up. I love it when people talk crap and have no substantiation.
He can't speak without including a couple of syntaxic errors in each sentence. He is probably the worst embassador our country ever had. Come on! The guy is seen as a stupid clown by the other country leaders. You probably don't see this in the US, but there are countless examples of how much of a dork Jean Chrétien can be. I'm truly shameful to have such a PM acting like a clown in the other countries...and I'm not the only one feeling that way!

Sorry if I offended you with my comment about G. Bush.

D_D

Monkey
Dec 16, 2001
UK
Where the fock do you get racism out of that? Good grief! What does racism have to do with a fanatical religious sect that decides to murder over 3000 innocent people. Let me guess, if there was a fanatical christian that bombed an abortion clinic, youd be all over that talking about how focked up christains are (which many of them are), and that would be acceptable to you. But when I said something about fanatical Islamics, now all of the sudden I'm a racist. Man, that is really a stretch.

You don't know sh!t about me, so don't be so presumptious. If you knew me, you'd know I'm one of the least racist people around. I don't judge people by the color of their skin, their religion or their gender, but by their actions.
You said this

The last sentance is particually unfortunate, and looks racist and is very insulting to any people who choose to bow down to allah and wear turbans, racist or not you potentialy insulted a religion of people and linked them to terrorism.

It's not a too big jump for someone to then call you a racist.