Quantcast

More NW racing! The Eastside All Gravity Series!

MinorThreat

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2005
Nine Mile Falls, WA
A drop - - with a ramp 'safety' built into the gap now.

How it used to look:

How it looks now:

Oh, and for anyone curious, here's a better perspective on Girthmore - - gives a better feel for just how big it is . . .

Last edited:

babydick

Chimp
Feb 23, 2009
First race ever, I'm stoked and had a killer time. Looking forward to hitting some more races. It was sick to race the hill that I ride the most.

swan3609

Chimp
Mar 18, 2008
There are quite a few photo set up on Pinkbike already for those of you that havnt checked it out already.

swan3609

Chimp
Mar 18, 2008
Not to bash the people who put the series on, because I know that it is a lot of work, but the race at CDA mtn planned for memorial day was not a good idea..

first off I know that there may not be a huge cross over between XC and the DH group, But the riverside 24 hour race is that weekend.. I know that there isnt a huge rider cross over, but the shop participation here in cda, Except for CDA cycle and fitness, all the shops will be at the 24 hour race.. I know 5 potenital racers that will be at the 24 hour race and we have allready commited to teams. As well as the volunteer work lost be the rest of the people associated with these shops.

Not only is there a conflict between the 24 hour race but also the first stop in the Fluidride series is that weekend in Whistler.. so you have two HUGE races going on that same weekend.. I was told that the CDA Mtn race was planned around the FR and NW cup and I know that the whistler stop was just reciently added.. but the CDA race has to be moved for the sake of the race..

Lastly I know the head of the forest service for this area and there is a VERY slim chance he will allow a race to go on on memorial weekend on a trail that is still consitered a "muli-purpose" hiking trail.. memorial weekend is going to be soo busy and to try and hold a race in a area like that where there is limited space, parking and potential for huge trial conflicts, I do not see a race on that weekend being the best idea..

I do not see any reason why this race could not be shifted to anouther weekend to aviod the conflicts with the 24 hour race, Fluidride, and memorial day crowds..

just my .02 cents.. and I am 17 so feel free to discredit anything I say like half the customers in our shop :rolleyes:

Aug 19, 2009
PNW/Sweden
wow, its kind of crazy how sandbagged Cat 2 was on Sunday. The top ten times for Cat2 are basically on the same second as Cat 1. holly crap, what the heck is the point of cat 2....

MinorThreat

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2005
Nine Mile Falls, WA
^^ You are always going to find that in Cat 2 unfortunately - - because there are quite a few Expert-level riders who don't or won't buy a yearly USA Cycling competition license.

cdub162

Chimp
Feb 14, 2009
Not to bash the people who put the series on, because I know that it is a lot of work, but the race at CDA mtn planned for memorial day was not a good idea..

first off I know that there may not be a huge cross over between XC and the DH group, But the riverside 24 hour race is that weekend.. I know that there isnt a huge rider cross over, but the shop participation here in cda, Except for CDA cycle and fitness, all the shops will be at the 24 hour race.. I know 5 potenital racers that will be at the 24 hour race and we have allready commited to teams. As well as the volunteer work lost be the rest of the people associated with these shops.

Not only is there a conflict between the 24 hour race but also the first stop in the Fluidride series is that weekend in Whistler.. so you have two HUGE races going on that same weekend.. I was told that the CDA Mtn race was planned around the FR and NW cup and I know that the whistler stop was just reciently added.. but the CDA race has to be moved for the sake of the race..

Lastly I know the head of the forest service for this area and there is a VERY slim chance he will allow a race to go on on memorial weekend on a trail that is still consitered a "muli-purpose" hiking trail.. memorial weekend is going to be soo busy and to try and hold a race in a area like that where there is limited space, parking and potential for huge trial conflicts, I do not see a race on that weekend being the best idea..

I do not see any reason why this race could not be shifted to anouther weekend to aviod the conflicts with the 24 hour race, Fluidride, and memorial day crowds..

just my .02 cents.. and I am 17 so feel free to discredit anything I say like half the customers in our shop :rolleyes:
June 5th and 6th is the new dates

ebxtreme

Monkey
Apr 25, 2007
Bellingham
^^ You are always going to find that in Cat 2 unfortunately - - because there are quite a few Expert-level riders who don't or won't buy a yearly USA Cycling competition license.
Yeah, but isn't it also true that if it's one of your first races, you can't just start in Cat 1? I know a few people that are fast riders, but raced their very first races at PA last weekend and they HAD to race Cat 2. Most of them podiumed (or won), so they'd obviously like to move up to Cat 1. Not everyone's a sandbagger......just most of 'em! lol ;)

theloose

Chimp
Feb 11, 2010
Next event in the All Gravity Series is coming up quick.

Registration will open at 7am on June 5th at the event, we strongly recommend you register online in advance.

Practice starts Saturday June 5th at 7am and ends at 11am. With the enduroDH event starting at 12pm that day.

Practice starts Saturday June 6th at 7am and ends at 11am. With the techDH event starting at 12pm that day.

This is a USA Cycling sanctioned event, riders in each category will get points from USA Cycling AND points for the All Gravity Series.

MAP & DIRECTIONS - coming soon

Contact information for questions:
email: ags@allgravityseries.com
CDA Cyclery: 208-667-2453

theloose

Chimp
Feb 11, 2010
Next event in the All Gravity Series is coming up quick.

Registration will open at 7am on June 5th at the event, we strongly recommend you register online in advance.

Practice starts Saturday June 5th at 7am and ends at 11am. With the enduroDH event starting at 12pm that day.

Practice starts Sunday June 6th at 7am and ends at 11am. With the techDH event starting at 12pm that day.

This is a USA Cycling sanctioned event, riders in each category will get points from USA Cycling AND points for the All Gravity Series.

Registration cost is $35. SHUTTLES WILL BE PROVIDED

Full face helmets will be required.

MAP & DIRECTIONS - coming soon

Contact information for questions:
email: ags@allgravityseries.com
CDA Cyclery: 208-667-2453