Quantcast

More Republican family values...

peter6061

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Kenmore, WA
" 'Brooming' was the name given for the practice of poking a camper, while clothed, in the area of the butt. A broom handle, a cane and a flashlight handle were the objects used. I know all of the campers were broomed at least once."
Never heard of this, but they sure make it sound a lot worse than it really is. Not that I condone it, but it's not like they actually 'penetrated' these kids.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
peter6061 said:
Never heard of this, but they sure make it sound a lot worse than it really is. Not that I condone it, but it's not like they actually 'penetrated' these kids.

The problem is "clothed" meant buttless chaps.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
peter6061 said:
Hypothetically, what would you think about a male teacher doing this to 10 year old girls? (Suzy, spread you legs. I'm going to thrust a Maglite at your vagina through your clothes.)

It's still sexual assault. Although if the kid is Catholic, maybe he's giving the priesthood some serious thought and wanted to go for a test run...

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
Old Man G Funk said:
Or, he could be president someday...
Please, Bush was a cheerleader for chrissakes. Have you seen the pictures? Cheney I could see as a broomer. Bush was a broomee, if anything.

peter6061

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Kenmore, WA
Silver said:
Hypothetically, what would you think about a male teacher doing this to 10 year old girls? (Suzy, spread you legs. I'm going to thrust a Maglite at your vagina through your clothes.)

It's still sexual assault. Although if the kid is Catholic, maybe he's giving the priesthood some serious thought and wanted to go for a test run...
Obviously, I don't condone this, but I think it's more hazing than sexual assault. C'mon, think of the stuff that goes on in Fraternities and even high school.

These guys should be punished for this, but I don't think their sentence is that far out of line.

Granted, if 'clothed' does mean 'buttless chaps' as Westy has mentioned, give the guys the chair. :devil:

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
I'm sure all you 'if it feels good do it' liberals have done stuff your parents would loved to have disowned you for...

Old Man G Funk

Choir Boy
Nov 21, 2005
In a handbasket
N8 said:
I'm sure all you 'if it feels good do it' liberals have done stuff your parents would loved to have disowned you for...
What? You mean like raising the deficit ceiling, raiding the treasury and increasing the national debt, tearing down the wall of separation between church and state, declaring war on another country for no good reason, etc.?

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Old Man G Funk said:
What? You mean like raising the deficit ceiling, raiding the treasury and increasing the national debt, tearing down the wall of separation between church and state, declaring war on another country for no good reason, etc.?

:yawn:

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle

I'm just glad it's what the kids want. Both for their sake, and so I can enjoy the sweet, sweet schadenfreude guilt-free.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
O'Reilly is a wife-beating asshole and hypocrite, sure, but he's still right on this point about the modern black family:

73% of "non-marital" child births to black Americans (context is 53% for Hispanics, 29% for whites, 17% for Asians). This reflects the asymmetry in declining marriage rates (phrased below as rising proportions of the never-married):

This in turn is speculated to be because modern young men as a whole are deadbeats. This tendency towards being a deadbeat is exacerbated in the black community because of both the drug problem itself and the unequal prosecution and sentencing of black men:

Note that the above is for all races, and that 100 represents parity with the number of women. Another study, Brookings rather than Pew, suggests that ratio of never-married employed black men to never-married black women is 0.57 as opposed to the 0.91 for all comers as above. See Figure 3 from the link.

Now those marriage rate data make sense, right? Yet these data do not explain the pervasive out of wedlock child birth data. That's just stupidity/bad cultural habits, and it's pretty evident that these trends don't lead to good outcomes for the kids.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
O'Reilly is a wife-beating asshole and hypocrite, sure, but he's still right on this point about the modern black family:

73% of "non-marital" child births to black Americans (context is 53% for Hispanics, 29% for whites, 17% for Asians). This reflects the asymmetry in declining marriage rates (phrased below as rising proportions of the never-married):

This in turn is speculated to be because modern young men as a whole are deadbeats. This tendency towards being a deadbeat is exacerbated in the black community because of both the drug problem itself and the unequal prosecution and sentencing of black men:

Note that the above is for all races, and that 100 represents parity with the number of women. Another study, Brookings rather than Pew, suggests that ratio of never-married employed black men to never-married black women is 0.57 as opposed to the 0.91 for all comers as above. See Figure 3 from the link.

Now those marriage rate data make sense, right? Yet these data do not explain the pervasive out of wedlock child birth data. That's just stupidity/bad cultural habits, and it's pretty evident that these trends don't lead to good outcomes for the kids.
Asians hate blacks = confirmed.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
The fact that something kinda factual can be gleaned from his point doesn't make it not terrible. He's just yelling at black people to pull their pants up, when the real issue is the endemic racism, lack of quality healthcare, and cycle of poverty that plagues black communities, and is the root cause of all of this.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
The fact that something kinda factual can be gleaned from his point doesn't make it not terrible. He's just yelling at black people to pull their pants up, when the real issue is the endemic racism, lack of quality healthcare, and cycle of poverty that plagues black communities, and is the root cause of all of this.
Yeah, I don't see any mention in your list of causes of the choices that my post harps on. Is there structural racism? Sure, see the studies regarding chances of getting an interview with a black or a white name. Is there a component of enduring poverty that's the fault of said impoverished people? You betcha. </palin>

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
If you ever want to get an inkling of what it is like being a dark skinned minority in this country just travel to Japan.
This is true, and this is part of why I don't live in Tokyo. (White) wife loves the place. I like it, too, but would be perpetually shunned as an outsider due to only being half Japanese, regardless of my grasp of the language (which isn't good for disuse, not that I was ever good before).

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
This is true, and this is part of why I don't live in Tokyo. (White) wife loves the place. I like it, too, but would be perpetually shunned as an outsider due to only being half Japanese, regardless of my grasp of the language (which isn't good for disuse, not that I was ever good before).
Things would be exceptionally bad for the kids.