Quantcast

Motel Room Life - Help

Spud

Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Idaho (no really!)
Just got sent out to Van Nuys for three weeks. Staying in a dive with no workout facility. We’re working 12 hours a day and the guys tend to hit Denny’s after work.

Looking for ideas on how to keep some baseline exercise going. Packing the therabands and stretching mat. There’s a 24 hour fitness gym down the road my buddy is a member and were looking to score some guest passes there.

Suggestions for eating and working out. Of course, no kitchenette.

Little help please.

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
If your not oppossed to running taking a 30 minute jog first thing isn't a bad idea. Or if the pool is big enough do some laps. Even just some pushups or crunchs in your room wouldn't hurt.

Food on the other hand is hard to deal with if your eating out all the time. But stay the hell away from Denny's, either that or stick to the salads.

Spud

Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Idaho (no really!)
24 hour sounds like my best bet. F^cking Denny's. Groan. My traveling buddy is a runner, but we are working from dawn to dusk and the neighborhood is suspect for running anyhow.

No pool for this boy, just got Lasik this week.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
When I am stuck in that situation I just do lunges until it hurts to walk. Throw a few pushups and situps in while your at it.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Of course. When I travel put the corporate card to good use. I always get the finest salmon, steak, swordfish or other nice stuff I am usually too cheap to buy myself.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
never be afraid to be picky as hell when it comes to your food. ask for no butter, oil, dairy, cheese, mayo, ect. asked for steamed instead of sauteed. more often than not, the more picky you are, the less likely you will be to get your order correct but it never hurts to ask. and it doesnt matter if you are a pain in the ass because you arent a regular and you probably wont be eating in any of those restraunts again.

Jan 7, 2004
D.C. area
Find a grocery store! Buy a cheap-o foam cooler... Get some veggie snacks like baby carrots.... And watch out at Denny's! Being fat is practically contagious in a Denny's.