Quantcast

MOTO FOAM ?

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Can anyone who has experience of this stuff help me out... I have a hardtail. Dartmoor 4X and there's a gusset top and bottom at the chainstay/BB junction. like a little letter box for mud to collect in si I want to plug it. Motofoam seems the obvious choice but how do I attach it so it'll stay put for a whole two seasons of mud, jetwashing and hosing?
Can it be glued or velcro'd in? There's nowhere to attach zipties to keep it in place.

Thanks in advance.

'size

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2007
AZ
assuming yours looks like this, why fill it in when you can just use some tape or mastic to cover the hole?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Could also just fill it with love. Nothing could replace love. maybe bacon but that wouldn't work here.

Flo33

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2015
Styria
@Gary Serious question, where'd you get it? I was trying to buy some but couldn't find a proper source. Amazon only lists a french supplier who wants stupid lots of money. All the Moto-X related shops around here only have pre-shaped ones for rear brake levers and the like.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
@Gary Serious question, where'd you get it? I was trying to buy some but couldn't find a proper source. Amazon only lists a french supplier who wants stupid lots of money. All the Moto-X related shops around here only have pre-shaped ones for rear brake levers and the like.
This. I assumed would be pretty straightforward. Maybe not. :disgust:

Will have to take a look later.