Quantcast

Motorboating Wildflowers - Molas Pass to Cascade Creek

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Rode the Colorado Trail from Molas Pass to Cascade Creek and it is not to trifled with... the wildflowers and skunk cabbage were so high you could motorboat them as you rode past. Amazing views for 360 degrees and miles and miles of distance. A lot of stout climbing over the whole ride but the Rolling Pass and Graysill descents are the sort of sublime delicious nature you only get in the high alpine. The few pictures I took do not give this landscape or this ride the recognition it deserves.

This, except everywhere:

My friend near Rolling Pass, not getting enough calories fast enough:

Spirit of the Yeti, captured nearly perfectly:

Happy girl:

This dude won the day, it was his 3rd mountain bike ride ever and he smiled for the entire 25 miles and 4,000 vertical feet we did:

Winning dude looking down valley from near the top of Rolling Pass:

That's my bike, in it's happy place:

My compatriots at the bottom of the first descent:

After these were taken, there was another 1,000 feet to climb and some of the gnarliest, twistiest, rockiest descending this side of anywhere. Then an up and down meander along the creek to the exit. So good. If I get more images from my two riding partners I'll post those as well...

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
sweet.

one of the best rides i ever did was Molas Pass/Engineer Mtn.
I rode that route years ago, so was excited to lengthen it up a bit and check out Cascade Creek. It was not disappoint, like I said the descents off of Rolling Pass and Graysill were fantastic. We did a short lap down Engineer Mountain Trail accessed via Pass Trail from Coal Bank Pass the day before the Molas ride and yep... Engineer is still a candidate for a Top 5. Freaking mind blowing.