Quantcast

Mountain Biking in and around Bend, OR

luvz2ridez

Monkey
Jul 19, 2006
Shoreline, WA
Hey Oregon ladies, where's the good riding around Bend? I know about the McKenzie River Trail already. Hubby and I are thinking of planning a camping trip down there this summer and checking out the riding. What else is there to ride? And are there good camping spots?

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side
lots of forest service camping, and there is a great map that you can pick up in town that has all the trails in the area on it.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Hey there! There is a lot of primative land to camp on. You can even camp in the Phil's trail area! The organized campground closest to town is the Tumalo State one - sits right on the river.

For the riding - it really is best to get a map - all the bike shops in town sell them. You could play around in the Phil's complex for hours, spend a day riding Mrazek, ride North Fork/Flagline(if you come after August 15th), other wise you would ride North Fork/Farewell. You could do a day around Waldo lake, a day of Edison Snopark to Lava Lake...day trip to Oakridge or day trip to the Ochocos.

Endless opportunity.

luvz2ridez

Monkey
Jul 19, 2006
Shoreline, WA
Hi Heidi,
Sounds like there is a ton of good options. Are these all trail ride? Also, up to what months are these all rideable?
Thanks for the info.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Hi Heidi,
Sounds like there is a ton of good options. Are these all trail ride? Also, up to what months are these all rideable?
Thanks for the info.
Not sure what you mean regarding, "Are the all trail ride?" Are you asking if they are all mountain bike trails? If so, yes, they are all singeltrack. The trails start to get iffy with regards to snow around late November I would say. Though you just never know. In the summer it does get dusty on the lower trails so we pray for rain. :)