Quantcast

Moving to Ft. Collins

eric1bss

Chimp
Apr 1, 2004
North VA
Hey all,

I'll be moving to Ft. Colling on Mar 25 and I was just wondering what the freeride/street/DH/DJ scene was in this area. I have no problem at all driving an hour if that's what it takes. How's the weather and general feel of Ft. Collins? I know it's a college town, so there should be plenty to do.

Thanks, and maybe we'll be riding together soon,
Eric

Ironhorse12

Chimp
May 19, 2004
Fort Collins, CO
Fort Collins is a great place for all kinds of 2 wheel adventures. Road riding is especially popular. XC riding is also fantastic, most of the trails around town are more fun on an XC bike. As far as DH/FR Fort Collins is superb. There is an AWESOME shop here in town that caters directly to the DH/FR scene, Road 34 Bike Shop ( www.road34.com ) There are numerous DJ spots around town, a BMX course. And some GREAT DH about 1 1/2 hours away in Summit County. Colorado also has the best race series, the Mountain States Cup ( www.racemsc.com ). Fort Collins is a very active town, on the weekends it seems that everyone is enjoying the outdoors in some way. Fort Collins is a great place to live, I have been here my whole 16 years of life.

abhollow

Chimp
Apr 2, 2004
Ft. Collins
best. town. ever. Pawnee Grasslands (mother natures skate park/freeride dream) Horsetooth (XC and DH trails) Edora (one of the best skate parks design wise I have ever riden in Colorado plus the BMX track) And a bunch of dirt jump sites if you know some people) My suggestion, go to road34 bike shop and just talk to the guys there. If dirt jumping is your thing, they have some fun dirt jumps we're making in the rd34 backyard. Good luck.

http://simla.colostate.edu/~abhollow