Quantcast

moving to santa monica

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
what kinda stuff do you ride? some friends and i ride this trail in pasadena near jpl. it's an 8 mile exposed fireroad climb, but you get almost 8 miles (i think) of singletrack downhill. you'll come across a couple hikers, but for the most part they are few and far in between. i know there's a lot more riding in/near la, but that's all i've really done. some friends and i are going the weekend of june 10, let me know if you're interested.

brenth

Monkey
Jun 14, 2002
Santa Monica
I'd love too, but I'm not getting out there until the 16th. maybe next time :)

Being from florida and texas, I'm going to have to get into better shape for some climbing :D, but that sounds like a fun ride.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
You'll be near lots of cool riding. In the Santa Monica area, there's Backbone trail and the rest of the generally buffed-out, long singletracks in the mountains above Malibu; I'm sure the locals will fill you in on that and the astounding amount of riding that's in the middle of urban LA.

You'll also be a short drive from Pasadena and Mt. Wilson/Gabrelino...amazing singletrack riding, shuttle-able or epic-climbable...huge elevation changes. Big Bear's not too far off for chairlifts in the summer, and if you want to venture south to OC there's even more good stuff.

RIDE 831

Chimp
Jun 1, 2004
santa cruz
where are some good riding spots in OC area? + anything in malibu / santa monica. i like riding street, dirt jumps, skate parks and trails. i was in newport a while ago and couldnt find any outstanding riding. i go to so cal quite a bit, and im gonna start bringin my ht with me. any good spots specifically would help. thanks