Quantcast

Mt Evans this weekend

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
uhh, isn't the road closed? If so, that means you've gotta drive up to wherever you wanna be to shoot so friggin' early and sit there all friggin' day!

I wanna do it, but I'm totally broke right now.

Motionboy2

Calendar Dominator
Apr 23, 2002
Broomfield, Colorado
LordOpie said:
uhh, isn't the road closed? If so, that means you've gotta drive up to wherever you wanna be to shoot so friggin' early and sit there all friggin' day!

I wanna do it, but I'm totally broke right now.
Nope! The road is open, Racers are to stay on the right side of the road and cars are issued a caution that a race is going on.

I will get there early however because I don't want to cause any problems for the racers.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
i looked at the map, you can drive from Bergen Park... at least you won't be near riders for half the route.

Renegade

Monkey
Sep 6, 2001
The road is allways open for this race. My wife was a cat.2 racer in the late '80's, and raced it then. You get to not only fight other riders, but altitude, cars, buses, exhaust fumes, etc up the course. Makes it a tough race.
Josh, the most picturesqe [sp?] places for photos in my opinion for photo-ops is above treeline, but the higher you go, the less parking spots there are. Options are to find a ride up and down, then you don't have to worry about parking on the tundra.

Motionboy2

Calendar Dominator
Apr 23, 2002
Broomfield, Colorado
Renegade said:
The road is allways open for this race. My wife was a cat.2 racer in the late '80's, and raced it then. You get to not only fight other riders, but altitude, cars, buses, exhaust fumes, etc up the course. Makes it a tough race.
Josh, the most picturesqe [sp?] places for photos in my opinion for photo-ops is above treeline, but the higher you go, the less parking spots there are. Options are to find a ride up and down, then you don't have to worry about parking on the tundra.
Yeah, I drove up there a few weeks ago with my parents when they came out to visit. I will probably head up as close to the top as possible and then walk down. Maybe I can catch a ride up later if I need to.

I called to get the info, and the event organizer said that she wanted to warn me that the cops would be on the lookout for photographers! I ask why and I guess last year there was a lot of photog's getting in the way and trying to ride with the racers and causing a mess!
Can I call you guys if I need some bail? :p

Renegade

Monkey
Sep 6, 2001
Just don't behave as badly as some of those rabid tour de france fans and the cops will probably let you slide. :thumb:
One year when Joanie was racing it I drove to the top to bring her and some other riders down. I passed this racer dude who looked AWEFULL. He literally had this long dripping string of mucous coming out his nose, hanging out but hanging on to him. Like a couple feet long.It was gross!

Motionboy2

Calendar Dominator
Apr 23, 2002
Broomfield, Colorado
Renegade said:
Just don't behave as badly as some of those rabid tour de france fans and the cops will probably let you slide. :thumb:
One year when Joanie was racing it I drove to the top to bring her and some other riders down. I passed this racer dude who looked AWEFULL. He literally had this long dripping string of mucous coming out his nose, hanging out but hanging on to him. Like a couple feet long.It was gross!
That is the kinda stuff I want to get some shots of. I like this one the best so far of my road shots, because the guy is just drooling on himself! If anyone is racing make sure you push it to the limit so I can get a picture of your pain :p