Anheuser-Busch Brewing Company, St. Louis, MO
TBD

Arutha

Monkey
Nov 26, 2002
Western PA
I'll play!

I count 2.5

North Coast doesn't make sense but at least they are a craft brewery.

Anheuser-Busch doesn't belong in any brewery festival. Why are they still in business? I know the answer I just don't like it.

I suppose Dogfish is pushing it too, they are mid atlantic but at least they are on the correct coast.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
We went to the World Beer Fest in Raleigh. 150+ microbreweries.

They had a Budweiser table.

I don't know which is worse - that they had a Budweiser table, or that people were actually standing in line there.

We went to the World Beer Fest in Raleigh. 150+ microbreweries.

They had a Budweiser table.

I don't know which is worse - that they had a Budweiser table, or that people were actually standing in line there.

We went to the beer festival in Montreal one year. All I remember was drinking a lot for free because I was flirting with the guy pouring it. No idea what it was :bonk: but I can guarantee you it was nothing produced by AB!

(maybe 9 years ago?!)

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
We get a pint glass with one fill with our admission. I will be using my "free" fill on the Dogfish Head 90 Minute. How many people have actually found that on tap? weRd.

Beer.

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
We get a pint glass with one fill with our admission. I will be using my "free" fill on the Dogfish Head 90 Minute. How many people have actually found that on tap? weRd.

Beer.
Me...and I live in Seattle...but then again, this place rulez.

They don't have it on tap right now...but I was lucky enough to have it about a year ago...

Once a year they do something called "The Hard Liver" festival. Put 50 barleywines on tap. w0w...it's insane.

trebor

Chimp
Aug 23, 2008
A couple places around here have the 90 minute on tap, but most have the regular. I'm not a huge fan of the 90 minute though, especially since I have fast access to Alpha King, but it's alright. As long as it's not the 120 minute I'm good though, that stuff is balls.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
A couple places around here have the 90 minute on tap, but most have the regular. I'm not a huge fan of the 90 minute though, especially since I have fast access to Alpha King, but it's alright. As long as it's not the 120 minute I'm good though, that stuff is balls.
Well I've heard the 90 Minute on tap is real good. I did enjoy it, but to me it tasted the same out of the tap as it does out of the bottle.

The Allagash Tripel rocked the friggin house. :drool: :beerjam: Tripel is my favorite style du jour.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Then did they put you on a bike and tell you to do a Scavanger hunt ? :rofl:

so How many Pint Glasses did you come home with ?
Just one pint glass each. Dare I say I was in no shape to ride a bicycle. :monkey:

I wore my Harpoon shirt to the festival. The Harpoon guys appreciated seeing me wearing one of their shirts and rewarded me for it. Three full pints didn't cost me one beer coin.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
You guys need to come down here for the next world beer fest. You buy your ticket and all the beer is free once you get in the door. It's a 4 oz. glass so you can actually try more beer before you get completely hammered.

Mt. Snow was fun when we went but this is HUGE.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
You guys need to come down here for the next world beer fest. You buy your ticket and all the beer is free once you get in the door. It's a 4 oz. glass so you can actually try more beer before you get completely hammered.

Mt. Snow was fun when we went but this is HUGE.
I'd love to go to a "real" beer fest. The Mt Snow one is growing though. It used to be just a few breweries under one tent, but now it takes up a large chunk of the main base area.

I picked up a Long Trail shirt for $10. MBC picked up a free Smuttynose shirt and free Smuttynose beer by getting friendly with their rep. Friggin chicks always get free stuff. :monkey:

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
:rofl:

I've got a friend down here whose wife is an absolute fiend for free stuff. We've gone tailgating a few times where there will be some local business that is sponsoring it and we'll turn around for ten seconds and she's coming out of the business's truck/stand covered in shirts, beads, calendars, whatever.

World Beer Fest in Raleigh:
http://www.allaboutbeer.com/wbfraleigh/

~150 breweries if I remember correctly. I was pretty hammered by the end of it but I think I tried every IPA there :D

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I'd love to go to a "real" beer fest. The Mt Snow one is growing though. It used to be just a few breweries under one tent, but now it takes up a large chunk of the main base area.

I picked up a Long Trail shirt for $10. MBC picked up a free Smuttynose shirt and free Smuttynose beer by getting friendly with their rep. Friggin chicks always get free stuff. :monkey:

Was she schmoozin for bottles of that Jack Daniels Porter or whatever it is they make that she likes so much from your trip to Baltymore?

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Was she schmoozin for bottles of that Jack Daniels Porter or whatever it is they make that she likes so much from your trip to Baltymore?
That was indeed the ice breaker. The guy was standing there and MBC struck up a conversation about it. Then he offered her and Rachel free shirts if they wore them during the festival.