Quantcast

Mtb Street

Necromancer

Chimp
Sep 3, 2010
Hallo :)

I'm into Street Riding and I'm interested in 26 inch Mtb Street bike.
I don't have any idea how to build a bike, i never done this before But I'm familiar with the parts that holds the bike, cranks, stem etc.
so it wouldn't be a problem to recommend me what parts to buy.

Just want some help on how to get start! :thumb:

TheTruth

Turbo Monkey
Jun 15, 2009
I'm waving. Can you see me now?
to get you started, I suggest you get a black market riot frame. Black market bars and stem. But you will get a suspension fork and tires that are larger than 1.95.(I despise the look of fully street mtb bikes.) Also, get profile cranks.

Last edited:

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
Hallo :)

I'm into Street Riding and I'm interested in 26 inch Mtb Street bike.
I don't have any idea how to build a bike, i never done this before But I'm familiar with the parts that holds the bike, cranks, stem etc.
so it wouldn't be a problem to recommend me what parts to buy.

Just want some help on how to get start! :thumb:
what's your background? are you coming from bmx street? do you intend to do bmx-style street tricks? or by 'street' do you mean 'urban' riding. going fast on street or hucking stair drops ? we need parameters to answer your question....

nyhc00

Monkey
Jul 19, 2010
CT
to me mtb street is an oxymoron. Because the bikes designed for street/park aren't really efficient on the trail/mtn. So, big bmx may be all encompassing for any wheel size over 20". I hope there's not a 29" surge for street riding, but i won't be surprised either.

Necromancer

Chimp
Sep 3, 2010
what's your background? are you coming from bmx street? do you intend to do bmx-style street tricks? or by 'street' do you mean 'urban' riding. going fast on street or hucking stair drops ? we need parameters to answer your question....
yes, you right.
i'm into going fast on street including tricks like: jumping sidewalks etc.
Urban Riding. :rolleyes:

ServeEm

Turbo Monkey
Feb 21, 2006
SacTown
to get you started, I suggest you get a black market riot frame. Black market bars and stem. But you will get a suspension fork and tires that are larger than 1.95.(I despise the look of fully street mtb bikes.) Also, get profile cranks.
Dang, those are strong words. I can't say I've reached a point of despising a style of riding or certain bike set up. But hell we all have our pet peevs.

TheTruth

Turbo Monkey
Jun 15, 2009
I'm waving. Can you see me now?
Dang, those are strong words. I can't say I've reached a point of despising a style of riding or certain bike set up. But hell we all have our pet peevs.
Im not hating on the style. I just hate the look of an mtb with 1.9 tires, 3 inch rise bars with cross bar support, and a rigid fork. They shred, but I just don't like the look.

Necromancer

Chimp
Sep 3, 2010
Im not hating on the style. I just hate the look of an mtb with 1.9 tires, 3 inch rise bars with cross bar support, and a rigid fork. They shred, but I just don't like the look.
No, it's not the kind of bike that im looking for.

that's what i'm talking about:

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
yes, you right.
i'm into going fast on street including tricks like: jumping sidewalks etc.
Urban Riding. :rolleyes:
so how do i get started with Urban Riding?

i don't know how old/tall you are.... but it's possible a 20" bmx or a 24"-specific like the Blackmarket Contraband would be a better choice than the Mob.

watch all of these:

"Street"

[20" bmx]
Steven Hamilton, Animal "Can I Eat" (2004)

[22" wheel bmx]
Faction

[24" mtb]
Matt White. Union Street Bikes.

NS Capital promo

[26" mtb]

"Martin Söderström early spring 2008"

Jeff Lenosky, NWD7

Last edited:

Necromancer

Chimp
Sep 3, 2010
the 26" video was awesome, thx. ^^

i mention earlier that i'm interested in 26", i'm pretty tall so bmx 20" and 24" would be too tiny for me.

is there parts recommendation? (stem, fork etc.)