Quantcast

Mtn. States Cup 2005?

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
I know the dates aren't posted yet, but I am looking to do one either before the Aspen National or after it on a trip I have planned for next summer. But does anyone have any inside information on possible DH races the week before and after?

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Here in the next coupke of weeks the schedule should start being solidified. Especially now that the NORBA schedule is final and all of that, MSC shouldn't be too far behind. As soon as I hear anything, I'll post that business proper.

Telluride is the shizzy if that's near the Nat'l... that course is SO badassovitch I can hardly contain myself. Look for some wacky surprises in this year's MSC schedule though... you NEVAH KNOW what might happen!

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Sure wish I had a dope 4x bike to bring to CO to race on my 'Get Faster in CO' trip I am planning next summer... :sneaky:

I wonder who might have a bike they don't need.... ;)

flatulant_man

Monkey
Jun 19, 2004
Food Fondlers' Convention
profro said:
Sure wish I had a dope 4x bike to bring to CO to race on my 'Get Faster in CO' trip I am planning next summer... :sneaky:

go to rhythmcycles.com local shop here in boulder, great guys, need all the business they can get. great shop, and they can order you just about anything. :)

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
flatulant_man said:
go to rhythmcycles.com local shop here in boulder, great guys, need all the business they can get. great shop, and they can order you just about anything. :)
Thanks but that was a jokingly solicitation to Full Trucker. He might know of a frame I might want. :)

So Snowmass two weekends in a row? Hmmm that would be excellent if Blast the Mass was before the national, but either way I would get a lot of time to dial the course. Heaven nows I'll need it. :p

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
profro said:

MUUUUAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... :eviltongu

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Update:
Schedule is still being finalized, but for the most part looks very similar to the 2004 schedule, at least in terms of venues and number of races. Approximately 10 endurance (XC) and 10 gravity (DH and 4X) events for right now.

Here's the BIG change!
For 2005 the MSC will feature a Super-D series in addition to the other 2 series! Super-D is badass, no matter what anyone says! Look for around 5 races to feature a Super-D event, and it will be it's own points series (as I said) so none of you gravity racers out there will have your points messed up when the XC guys hand you your @ss in Super-D! :D

That's all for now... anything else I find out I'll post (if the powers that be authorize me to do so).

WheelieMan

Monkey
Feb 6, 2003
kol-uh-RAD-oh
Full Trucker said:
Update:
Schedule is still being finalized, but for the most part looks very similar to the 2004 schedule, at least in terms of venues and number of races. Approximately 10 endurance (XC) and 10 gravity (DH and 4X) events for right now.

Here's the BIG change!
For 2005 the MSC will feature a Super-D series in addition to the other 2 series! Super-D is badass, no matter what anyone says! Look for around 5 races to feature a Super-D event, and it will be it's own points series (as I said) so none of you gravity racers out there will have your points messed up when the XC guys hand you your @ss in Super-D! :D

That's all for now... anything else I find out I'll post (if the powers that be authorize me to do so).
Super D? Thats good to hear!

If only they would seperate the DH and MX points series. It puts the people who like to concentrate on one event at a huge disadvantage.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
profro said:

my turner is great for that

fireman

Monkey
Jan 28, 2004
Boulder, CO
I just saw a preliminary schedule (read this might not be accuarate so don't hold me to it) it looks just the same as last year. No DH at moab, but DH at eldora. No monarch race again.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
fireman said:
I just saw a preliminary schedule (read this might not be accuarate so don't hold me to it) it looks just the same as last year. No DH at moab, but DH at eldora. No monarch race again.
If the TENTATIVE schedule is close to the same as last year's, that would put Telluride close to the Aspen national, which would be spectacular! :cool:

dcamp29

Monkey
Feb 14, 2004
Colorado
telluride is too long. i got tired at the end of that damn sprint at the line. next time im not falling and im winning everything. hear that graves, your done. im taking over.