Quantcast

Mud Hunnie Gathering

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
I was just thinking, we have Monkeyfest for all of the East Coasters....why not try to have a Mud Hunnie fest? I realize that we're all spread all around the country, but maybe we could find a time/place to get a large group of us together? What do you all think about it?

I would be happy to host you all at my large house, but I do realize it's quite a trek for some of you as I live in Upstate, NY (Saratoga Springs Area), but I am free most of the summer (perhaps the greatest perk of being a teacher). We have DHing at West (20 minutes away), Jiminy Peak, Whiteface, Gore, Killington, Mount Snow, Bromont, Diablo/Mtn. Creek and Platty all within 3 hours. We have some amazing XC at our local SMBA trails (very technical with minimal climbing) and Spier Falls (technical with maximum climbing) and a few other hot spots. After riding, we have plenty of bars to hang out in (including my basement). Just a thought....anyone interested?

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
TreeSaw said:
I was just thinking, we have Monkeyfest for all of the East Coasters....why not try to have a Mud Hunnie fest? I realize that we're all spread all around the country, but maybe we could find a time/place to get a large group of us together? What do you all think about it?

I would be happy to host you all at my large house, but I do realize it's quite a trek for some of you as I live in Upstate, NY (Saratoga Springs Area), but I am free most of the summer (perhaps the greatest perk of being a teacher). We have DHing at West (20 minutes away), Jiminy Peak, Whiteface, Gore, Killington, Mount Snow, Bromont, Diablo/Mtn. Creek and Platty all within 3 hours. We have some amazing XC at our local SMBA trails (very technical with minimal climbing) and Spier Falls (technical with maximum climbing) and a few other hot spots. After riding, we have plenty of bars to hang out in (including my basement). Just a thought....anyone interested?
Sounds like fun, but I live in the WA...a little far for me to go! :D

Apr 12, 2005
I'll be visiting Spokane WA in July (~18th-21st). Anything cool going on out there that week? I'm planning to ride Beacon and some of the trails at Riverside Park...and party my a$$ off! :cool: It would be great to ride with someone who knows the area...I can't wait to get out there and hit the trails!!!!

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side
SHIRAZ*MA*TAZZ said:
I'll be visiting Spokane WA in July (~18th-21st). Anything cool going on out there that week? I'm planning to ride Beacon and some of the trails at Riverside Park...and party my a$$ off! :cool: It would be great to ride with someone who knows the area...I can't wait to get out there and hit the trails!!!!
that could be me, I ride all that stuff 2-3 times a week. I'd be happy to show you around.

geargrrl

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Sorry to intrude, Ladies. I just wanted to offer my thoughts. I think that all the Mud Hunnies should come out to So Cal and gather here. I am sure that the Men Of Ridemonkey (Hey, that would make a good calendar for the Ladies!) would love to have you all down here and would cater to your every whim.

rainbow_smoke

Monkey
Sep 19, 2003
Bellingham, WA
A gathering in WA would be awesome!! spokane is fun! perhaps me and my hubby could come up there in Julay as well! We are in the Tri-Cities for the summer. (Kennewick)

Apr 12, 2005
OK, so a Mud Hunnies (alright, some guys ok) gathering in Spokane July 18th week...sounds excellent!! I'll be riding with my son (13 yrs old) who is into DJ but wants BADLY to try DH (not easy here in our home state!) I'll check this msg. board often to see what's up. Any ideas re: Best bike shop to rent bikes from in Spokane/CDA area? I was told Vertical Earth but they haven't responded to my e-mails...to bring our own bikes would be more trouble than it's worth for the few days I think...
??ideas? Kona Stinky would be the bomb :)

Can't wait to get to WA!

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side
SHIRAZ*MA*TAZZ said:
OK, so a Mud Hunnies (alright, some guys ok) gathering in Spokane July 18th week...sounds excellent!! I'll be riding with my son (13 yrs old) who is into DJ but wants BADLY to try DH (not easy here in our home state!) I'll check this msg. board often to see what's up. Any ideas re: Best bike shop to rent bikes from in Spokane/CDA area? I was told Vertical Earth but they haven't responded to my e-mails...to bring our own bikes would be more trouble than it's worth for the few days I think...
??ideas? Kona Stinky would be the bomb :)

Can't wait to get to WA!
Spoke n sport is the only rental shop I know of, and their mountain bike rentals are more like centennial trail bikes. I haven't heard that VE rents bikes but you never know. Those guys are super busy with racing so you might be better off just calling them and asking.208-667-5503.

As we aren't a destination bike area ( yet) there are not a lot of options,
You can always take the day and go to Silver for some lift serve, and rent a Kona just like you want.

geargrrl

TreeSaw said:

sounds like its you, me and bluebug on the East coast.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
MtnBikerChk said:
sounds like its you, me and bluebug on the East coast.
tmx said:
I'm down for it! And I bet Grizgal would be too.
Sweet! Now we'll just have to pick a time! I know I am booked the following weekends: June 16-19(MTB Weekend at Thorpe), June 24-26th (Dalton Race), July 15-17th (Pats Peak Race), July 22-24th (Monkeyfest) and August 12-14??? (our annual DeckParty that you all will be invited to so I guess it could be that weekend). :D Let me know what you all think.

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
:) Will check the schedule this w/e and also see if I can wrustle up the interest of a few more lurking ladies.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
TreeSaw said:
August 12-14??? (our annual DeckParty that you all will be invited to so I guess it could be that weekend). :D Let me know what you all think.
I vote for the Aug. date!! The more Mud Hunnies at the Deck Party the better!!! :thumb:

onetime

Monkey
Aug 31, 2004
in a pond
I live down in MD, but would love to come up for a mudhoney gathering and ride someplace in the NE. I've only been to diablo once, and never any of the other places. The only problem is that I have a really full race schedule in july, and esspecially august. If anyone wants to do it soon I would love to go. I acctually want to come up to diablo one of the last two weekends in june, if any of you want to ride then, let me know!

Zilla

Chimp
Aug 20, 2004
Dreaming
For you East Coaster's out there - I down for mud hunny gathering in Diablo!!! Sorry, no funds to get west this summer!!!

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
I've got some commitments throughout the summer, but I'd love to come up. I could also come up some Friday and ride. I'm done with work at 2. I'll be at SPAC on the weekend of Aug. 12 and staying overnight. I could definitely ride that weekend.

Beth

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
bluebug32 said:
I've got some commitments throughout the summer, but I'd love to come up. I could also come up some Friday and ride. I'm done with work at 2. I'll be at SPAC on the weekend of Aug. 12 and staying overnight. I could definitely ride that weekend.

Beth
Sweet! :thumb: That's the weekend of our annual deck party. We generally have guests arrive throughout the day on Friday and ride if there is a desire. Then on Saturday, one group will head to West Mtn. for some crazy DHing and the other group will head out to our local trails for some awesome technical XCing. After the bike rides, we eat LOTS of food and drink LOTS of beer while amusing ourselves with horseshoes, a kiddie pool and lots of bike stunts in the yard. I live about 20 minutes north of SPAC and you're welcome to crash at my place afterward. PM me your e-mail address and I can send you an invite with all of the information on it. :D

K2Crazy

Chimp
May 4, 2005
Anybody making it to Whistler over Labor Day for the 24 Hrs. of Adrenaline or Moab for Oct. 16/17(?) for the 24 Hours of Moab? The Seattle branch of the LUNA Chix will be headed to those 2 24-hour races. :)

Long weekend at Whistler...lots of downhill runs for you all.... :)

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
Shoot. Dates you mentioned aren't so good for me, but I'll keep an eye on this thread in case I decide to re-arrange previous plans.

t

altagirl

Monkey
Aug 27, 2002
Utah
K2Crazy said:
Anybody making it to Whistler over Labor Day for the 24 Hrs. of Adrenaline or Moab for Oct. 16/17(?) for the 24 Hours of Moab? The Seattle branch of the LUNA Chix will be headed to those 2 24-hour races. :)

Long weekend at Whistler...lots of downhill runs for you all.... :)
There's always a good chance we'll be in Moab that time of year. We keep halfheartedly talking about trying the 24 hour race sometime... (It'd be a bunch of DHers... you get the picture) but maybe we'll just be in town doing other rides and go check it out again.

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
Ciaran said:
Sorry to intrude, Ladies. I just wanted to offer my thoughts. I think that all the Mud Hunnies should come out to So Cal and gather here. I am sure that the Men Of Ridemonkey (Hey, that would make a good calendar for the Ladies!) would love to have you all down here and would cater to your every whim.
Hahaha...after 3 pages, it looks like your attempt at a panty raid fell upon :rolleyes: .

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
ok, so this really isnt narlus, its his wife. he sent this thread to me to check out. i would love to join in in the fun! i am a beginner dh'er but would love to get out and ride with someone other than narlus. i will keep checking in and see what he plan ends up being and hopefully i can leave the kiddos home and join in the fun.

hil

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
narlus said:
ok, so this really isnt narlus, its his wife. he sent this thread to me to check out. i would love to join in in the fun! i am a beginner dh'er but would love to get out and ride with someone other than narlus. i will keep checking in and see what he plan ends up being and hopefully i can leave the kiddos home and join in the fun.

hil
Awesome!!! The more the merrier :thumb:

TurnerGrl

Monkey
Aug 20, 2002
Metrowest MA
Hey y'all,

I haven't posted on RM in ages and even at my best I have always been mostly a lurker (I know, I know!). But count me in for the East Coast crew - I live in Metrowest Massachusetts. Shoulda checked the boards last week since I just got back from a weekend with some riding buddies at Diablo. I was the only chick there from our group but saw several other female riders while I was there. If anyone from the forum was around I was in the blue & white Mad Max and 661 Pressure Suit riding a grey Turner RFX with an Avy rear shock and Super T fork. Oh, and definitely planning to head back to Diablo a few more times this season. :love:

Jen

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
TurnerGrl said:
Hey y'all,

I haven't posted on RM in ages and even at my best I have always been mostly a lurker (I know, I know!). But count me in for the East Coast crew - I live in Metrowest Massachusetts. Shoulda checked the boards last week since I just got back from a weekend with some riding buddies at Diablo. I was the only chick there from our group but saw several other female riders while I was there. If anyone from the forum was around I was in the blue & white Mad Max and 661 Pressure Suit riding a grey Turner RFX with an Avy rear shock and Super T fork. Oh, and definitely planning to head back to Diablo a few more times this season. :love:

Jen
Diablo :drool: I love that place. I would like to hit it soon before I am not allowed to DH anymore (I'm prego)!!! We'll definately keep you on the list for the east coast gathering!

J

JRB

hahaha - narlus played the panty raid with a fake post from the wife. :thumb:

traildoctor

Chimp
Jul 27, 2005
narlus said:

hil
Hi Hil,
This is Z, I think we rode together many years back, with T&R. Do you remember me? Would love to connect sometime.

This is my first post here, so I just wanted to say "hi" to everyone out there! I'd be up for a gathering in the Northeast as well. It's not all about the West Coast, you know! Even if that's what the Californians would have you believe. ;)

How about a trip to Diablo in October?

Z

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
traildoctor said:
Hi Hil,
This is Z, I think we rode together many years back, with T&R. Do you remember me? Would love to connect sometime.

This is my first post here, so I just wanted to say "hi" to everyone out there! I'd be up for a gathering in the Northeast as well. It's not all about the West Coast, you know! Even if that's what the Californians would have you believe. ;)

How about a trip to Diablo in October?

Z
Sweet! Welcome to da :monkey: Where do you live? I am in Upstate, NY and we're always ready to welcome some new Mudhunnies to our local trails.

Jul 24, 2005
geargrrl said:
Spoke n sport is the only rental shop I know of, and their mountain bike rentals are more like centennial trail bikes. I haven't heard that VE rents bikes but you never know. Those guys are super busy with racing so you might be better off just calling them and asking.208-667-5503.

As we aren't a destination bike area ( yet) there are not a lot of options,
You can always take the day and go to Silver for some lift serve, and rent a Kona just like you want.

geargrrl
(I was formerly known as shiraz-ma-tazz but that one got lost in RideMonkey hell somewhere)...
We had an awesome time in WA while we were out there! I just want to say that you are all SO lucky to live in such a beautiful state. Unfortunately I was really busy the few days I was there. But not too busy to rent a Kona Stinky at Silver Mountain...brought some scrapes and bruises home as a souvenir (courtesy of the Hammer!) :D We also rented some bikes from Vertical Earth and rode one morning at Beacon (fun!) and I rode the Centennial trail, rode down some stairs, jumped off some stuff in the park over by the merry-go-round, and generally behaved like a kid (with ADHD). But I had an excellent time and I would definitely do it again! BTW...I have a lot of respect for those of you who ride out there...a world of difference from riding in FL! Loved it! Thanks for your suggestions and help...we had a blast!