• BLACK

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • COLOR

Votes: 3 60.0%

• Total voters

mrgto

Monkey
Aug 4, 2009
I prefer Velcro straps. The ziptie ones I've used rip out over time.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
probably one of the best interviews with mtb biker (or any cyclist) i've ever read. dude should write a book!
Did you listen to the Vital podcast with Gwin? and the Steve Jones "MTB Cribs" videointerview? I didn't read that article caus' I figured he'll have covered most of that ground already.

For that matter, has anyone else been listening to the Vital podcasts? He does a pretty damn good job putting them together. Good enough that I actually listened to whole Lopes podcast. I didn't think I would make it through. But I came out the end (TWSS) with less disrespect for him.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Did you listen to the Vital podcast with Gwin? and the Steve Jones "MTB Cribs" videointerview? I didn't read that article caus' I figured he'll have covered most of that ground already.

For that matter, has anyone else been listening to the Vital podcasts? He does a pretty damn good job putting them together. Good enough that I actually listened to whole Lopes podcast. I didn't think I would make it through. But I came out the end (TWSS) with less disrespect for him.
i have not. worth checking out?

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
i have not. worth checking out?
for sure. So far he's interviewed Eliot Jackson, Lopes, Stikman, Gwin, Bryson Martin, Riffle, Quinton Spaulding. Eliot and Gwin are the standouts imo. Haven't listed to Quinton Spaulding yet. It would be nice if he could expand beyond US riders, but I get why he's starting there for now.

Honestly, Spomer does a good job with the questions and with the editing. They're good.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
for sure. So far he's interviewed Eliot Jackson, Lopes, Stikman, Gwin, Bryson Martin, Riffle, Quinton Spaulding. Eliot and Gwin are the standouts imo. Haven't listed to Quinton Spaulding yet. It would be nice if he could expand beyond US riders, but I get why he's starting there for now.

Honestly, Spomer does a good job with the questions and with the editing. They're good.
cool. i'll be sure to check it out. I met Jackson at a ProGrT once upon a time and he was a really down to earth guy

mrgto

Monkey
Aug 4, 2009

Quinton is a cool cat. The dude is almost 50 and he is racing and hauling the KHS crew all over. He moved over here from South Africa and is living the DH dream.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I started listening to the podcast yesterday. He may be a cool cat, but he's not very talkative... Spomer is having to work for this one!

What's the deal with KHS anyways? Are they a bike maker? A distributor? Both? I've never ever seen any.

mrgto

Monkey
Aug 4, 2009
I started listening to the podcast yesterday. He may be a cool cat, but he's not very talkative... Spomer is having to work for this one!

What's the deal with KHS anyways? Are they a bike maker? A distributor? Both? I've never ever seen any.
He should have gave him a few beerz to get him going.

The don't market much oblivious. I'm pretty sure the owner is very interested in racing so selling bike supports that. My wife raced for them in the early to mid 2000s. If not for that I probably wouldn't have known much about them.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
He should have gave him a few beerz to get him going.

The don't market much oblivious. I'm pretty sure the owner is very interested in racing so selling bike supports that. My wife raced for them in the early to mid 2000s. If not for that I probably wouldn't have known much about them.
what's crazy is how full of a lineup they have across the various cycling segments.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I actually listened to whole Lopes podcast. I didn't think I would make it through. But I came out the end (TWSS) with less disrespect for him.
I came away with proof of what I already knew. He thinks walking around everywhere shirtless is the same thing as walking around at the beach shirtless.

Couldn't make it through the riffle one........

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
They are not big at all in Canada. Their distribution warehouse was the size of @eric strt6's bro truck.

Perhaps small world (cool story bro!), but I worked at Fox Canada's distribution warehouse before going to college and before one of the Fox family members upended the distribution center and moved it to Calgary. The brother of the guy who owned the Fox distribution center ran the KHS place.

This was the building..looks like things have changed. https://www.google.ca/maps/@43.9850814,-79.4597045,3a,48.3y,288.78h,83.03t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1snG0MHmNXyHg-5zBFbFb69g!2e0!7i13312!8i6656?hl=en

Those owners were the cheapest fucks I've ever met. But damn, we had A LOT of fun in that warehouse.