Quantcast

..:: Mun-Deigh Jee Em Tea ::..

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Still sick as a dog, couldnt sleep, sitting in the recliner and watching TV when I get a message on FB from some dude letting me know my current girlfriend and him been fvcking on the side. He said "I couldnt do that to a vet" so he spilled the beans.

going to tell her mother the news first then lay it on the soon to be ex. this should be grand

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Sleepy. I may have to go upstairs for coffee.

Still sick as a dog, couldnt sleep, sitting in the recliner and watching TV when I get a message on FB from some dude letting me know my current girlfriend and him been fvcking on the side. He said "I couldnt do that to a vet" so he spilled the beans.

going to tell her mother the news first then lay it on the soon to be ex. this should be grand
Damn dude. If it wasn't for bad luck, you wouldn't have any at all.

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Morning.

Went skiing yesterday even though it was damn cold out. Perfect weather for forming beardicles.

Happy St Patrick's Day.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

this should be another interesting thread.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001

will he disappear?

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Good ride yesterday, but my strava won't upload it for some reason. Makes me wonder why I bother riding at all...

Very little work to do, so today is going to be loooooong. Not very encouraging.

And I think I lost my headphones on my nightmare flight back from Montreal. They're nowhere to be found. The mind is the first thing to go...after the headphones.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Good morning, we are well into the fifth season here in Montana known as the myd season. Everything is melting off, and it is just sluck as pig snot on any non paved road.

Its all giod though, I am getting closet and cliset to the stary date of the new job!!!

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

So it seems the boat I bought has a bad lower unit. From what I hear, not only is it common on an older motor, but that it is often why someone was selling it in the first place. I have never sold something with a known issue and not said something. But then again this is my first boat, so it should not surprise me, I guess.

Went to put it in the water Saturday after spending a ton of time removing un-facking the wiring and interior Friday night. Got to the boat launch and marine patrol was waiting for me there. He was very cool, watched me launch my boat solo for the first time, then once tied up did my inspection and gave me the all clear.

He said "At least this way if you are missing something, I'll let you pull it back out without giving you a ticket". What a nice guy.

The symptoms are:
Idles and revs great on its own, but as soon as you try to go past idle in gear, it dies.

Unfortunately idle speed wasn't enough to putt us back to the launch against the current. But a nice couple was fishing nearby and towed us back in. I will call a few shops around to have a second opinion. Just not sure if I want to spend up to $500 on a "good used", or spend the $900 for the rebuilt with 3 year warranty.

Ah the joys of boat ownership. Everybody who has seen it says "Man, that looks fast, I bet it hauls ass on the open water." :rofl:

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
good morning.
servers are down.
rats chewed through the wires again.
skied this weekend again. nice conditions from 10-noon. early was crunchy, later was slushy.
hopefully can get up to SLC before the seasons over.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Big hole in the water you throw money into?

Morning Monkeys.

So it seems the boat I bought has a bad lower unit. From what I hear, not only is it common on an older motor, but that it is often why someone was selling it in the first place. I have never sold something with a known issue and not said something. But then again this is my first boat, so it should not surprise me, I guess.

Went to put it in the water Saturday after spending a ton of time removing un-facking the wiring and interior Friday night. Got to the boat launch and marine patrol was waiting for me there. He was very cool, watched me launch my boat solo for the first time, then once tied up did my inspection and gave me the all clear.

He said "At least this way if you are missing something, I'll let you pull it back out without giving you a ticket". What a nice guy.

The symptoms are:
Idles and revs great on its own, but as soon as you try to go past idle in gear, it dies.

Unfortunately idle speed wasn't enough to putt us back to the launch against the current. But a nice couple was fishing nearby and towed us back in. I will call a few shops around to have a second opinion. Just not sure if I want to spend up to $500 on a "good used", or spend the $900 for the rebuilt with 3 year warranty.

Ah the joys of boat ownership. Everybody who has seen it says "Man, that looks fast, I bet it hauls ass on the open water." :rofl:

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Big hole in the water you throw money into?
My funds are limited. I bought the best looking boat I could with the budget I had. I have a little set aside for "upgrades" that will now be used for repairs. If I end up spending a grand on this just to use it this year, it will be on CL for more than I paid for it.

I had to drive 4 hours to get this pig from the near middle of nowhere. Worst case scenario, I spend a little more time cleaning it up and I'll sell it for at least what I have into it. I'm just glad I paid a lot less than they were asking. I would be even more pissed had I paid asking price since I said "All that matters is that it's ready to hit the water" and well, it aint.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
I have found my headphones.

Again, you may all stop looking and go back to whatever it is you were doing.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Morning Monkeys.

The symptoms are:

boat is an acronym. Bust Out Another Thousand.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Howdy all. Two more weeks at the VA, reading studies and sticking needles into vets.

Parking the big bitch this morning in the VA's packed-to-the-gills lot took a bit more care than in the LEAF, especially with the latter's fancy Around View Monitor setup, but all ended well. /cueasiandriverjoke

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Here's my not so beasty beast. I don't have any good shots of it uncovered as the rain has kept it pretty covered. :rofl:

And the interior that needs some work (but it cleaned up real nice)