Quantcast

****************Mundey Y U NO Still SunDey********************

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Six feet high and made of corrugated metal panels. Yes, deer can jump that but they tend not to if they can’t spot the landing. It won’t be totally deer proof, but should be a massive deterrent.
if there's a tall obstacle they will also typically take the path of least resistance.

coincidentally, late saturday afternoon i saw 3 deer walking across a train bridge overpass rather than cross the road.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
need that car disappeared? I know a guy.
Yes, jeffco non-emergency number isn't being answered as they're too busy with 9-1-1 calls.
Put it in neutral, shove it down the hill. Problem solved.
It needs to go up a steep hill though. I've got our snow plow parked in the garage they're blocking. Not sure I can push it up the road in 4low, but it will entertain me if I have to try.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
idk, but if I woke up to a stolen/abandoned car in my driveway I probably wouldn't be calling the non-emergency line. at least in my state grand theft auto is a felony

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Heard the screams last night and ran outside to see the cat killing a baby bunny. Damn it cat!

@sunringlerider sounds like old boss man had the weekend to stare at all the poo on the wall and doesnt have anyone to clean it up. Boo hoo

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
story time?
5y/o in 95* temps running out of things to do about 4 hours into a 10hr day. Just a bad combination. Even wifey agreed that she would have had a lot more fun and would attend more races if she wasn't dealing with Hannah. :eek:

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Oh, trust me mine will look much much shittier than that.

if there's a tall obstacle they will also typically take the path of least resistance.
This has been our observation around town as well. If you have a tall fence, the deer will avoid that in favor of a shorter fence. But if they can find a yard with no fence, then that’s where they’re going. And unsurprisingly, we have the most deer and deer shit in our yard out of everyone on the block. We’re the only house with no fence. Teh Spousal Unit™ calls our yard the deer super highway.

A few weeks back, I was out in the yard taking pictures of the bike I was going to sell, and I almost got stampeded by a pretty large buck that came sprinting out of the alley, and ran through our yard from back to front. A few seconds later, the neighbors dog came charging around the corner as well… I cannot wait to get this fence in place.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

This has been our observation around town as well. If you have a tall fence, the deer will avoid that in favor of a shorter fence. But if they can find a yard with no fence, then that’s where they’re going. And unsurprisingly, we have the most deer and deer shit in our yard out of everyone on the block. We’re the only house with no fence. Teh Spousal Unit™ calls our yard the deer super highway.

A few weeks back, I was out in the yard taking pictures of the bike I was going to sell, and I almost got stampeded by a pretty large buck that came sprinting out of the alley, and ran through our yard from back to front. A few seconds later, the neighbors dog came charging around the corner as well… I cannot wait to get this fence in place.
Get some wolves

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator

I have never seen so many god damn deer in a town/urban setting as bad as salida :rofl:

Last edited:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
So we don't get to keep our new Cadillac. Sheriff's were actually looking for the vehicle since yesterday in connection with someone having a mental episode who'd fled into the mountains with a kid.

They clearly didn't drive very far if they chose to ditch the car in our driveway.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
if we've learned anything today, just have it show up overnight and play stupid
I think my safer option would be to sell my bike, then mysteriously have a kart my size show up. She wouldn't kill me, I'd just be in a shit ton of trouble.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Afternoon! Jack (cst) brought us a gray squirrel today. So in the past month, he has brought in (through the dog door): 2 live chipmunks, 2 dead mice, a dead red squirrel, a bird (dead and then proceeded to eat part of it), a big mole and todays squirrel. He’s something!
Taught summer school today and will continue through Thursday. It pays quite well, otherwise I wouldn’t be there. Foot scans today show the muscle is healing and the scar tissue is braking up…more scraping/taping is in my future but didn’t need any injections today! Yeah me!

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
My covid bout nearly killing myself and my wife and ending up in hospital, mine gave me anxiety chest pains for months. Still get it occasionally, mini-ptsd.
Yikes. Mine wasn’t that bad. I think it’s more lung than heart for me. Big breaths in can irritate it, but I’d assume myocarditis chest pain would be more consistent. Though I do think I’m having some palpitations. Hydrating seems to help. Cardio at the gym hasn’t been an issue.

What fun!