Quantcast

'Murca! You're doin' it all wrong...

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
Porter's a blowhard, but his bike's working pretty well for me (albeit in a smaller size than he says I should ride and with strong size wheels).

So youre saying the only thing about Porters bike thats working for you is the raked out head angle?
Which would make sense for most bikes that do most of their miles downhill in stead of climbing.

Bigger wheels would change the bb height which would change a lot of the ride characteristics and and a larger frame would also have a significant influence on handling.

But yeah otherwise that looks like a fun bike for someone whos a friggin giant.

:D

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
So youre saying the only thing about Porters bike thats working for you is the raked out head angle?
Which would make sense for most bikes that do most of their miles downhill in stead of climbing.

Bigger wheels would change the bb height which would change a lot of the ride characteristics and and a larger frame would also have a significant influence on handling.

But yeah otherwise that looks like a fun bike for someone whos a friggin giant.

:D
:rofl:

Kind of though. The steep seat tube angle and relatively low stack height work well for me too. It's also just a well built, stiff bike with very very good suspension kinematics.