7:30 AM: Protein shake
9:00 AM: Bagel
10:30 AM: Boneless chicken breast
11:30 AM: Fruit salad
12:30 PM: Can of tuna
2:30 PM: Boneless chicken breast
4:00 PM: Protein bar

And I still have to eat dinner. *sigh*
I'm looking at about 2500 calories and 280g protein.

KrusteeButt

I can't believe its not butter!
Jul 3, 2001
why the hell do YOU care?!
Originally posted by I Are Baboon
And I still have to eat dinner. *sigh*
I'm looking at about 2500 calories and 280g protein.
I'm not sure if you've got a very specific diet that you're following, but I used to do the same type of diet...and it stopped me up like you wouldn't believe! I'd go 3-4 days sometimes without a BM.

How many calories does a bagel have?
What are you having for dinner?

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
The bagel has about 150 calories, if memory serves me correctly.

Dinner will be chinese food.......something healthy though like garlic chicken and broccoli with white rice.

Oh, I ate a garden salad too (trying to keep fiber in the diet so I don't get "clogged.")

KrusteeButt

I can't believe its not butter!
Jul 3, 2001
why the hell do YOU care?!

Dinner will be chinese food.......something healthy though like garlic chicken and broccoli with white rice.

Oh, I ate a garden salad too (trying to keep fiber in the diet so I don't get "clogged.")
Do you have to have the rice? That's gonna add to the clogging! :eek:
That all adds up to only 2500 cal?

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Actually, I might be pushing more than 2500 calories with the chinese food. The original plan was to have ground beef for dinner. Anyway you have chinese food prepared, you're looking at a ton of calories.

I need to reinstall my fitness software so I can get better calorie counts....

Squeak

Get your pork here.
Sep 26, 2001
COlo style
If it does not plug you up you best have some good reading material near the pot. I think I would explode eating that much.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Originally posted by Squeak
If it does not plug you up you best have some good reading material near the pot. I think I would explode eating that much.
The wife gets so aggravated when I take magazines into the can!

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.

If they have it, try the Brown rice instead.
MUCH better for you.

JOJO

Top Banana
Jun 28, 2001
Superior, CO
Make sure you are drinking a ton of water since you are taking in so much protein .... (too little h2o with that much protein causes Ketosis)

Also, dont cut fat out all together.

Just my 2 cents:)

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
(this is mbc)

Ketosis is basically when you deprive your body of carbs, it turns to fat for energy. It's the controversial basis for the Atkins diet. Lots of people think (and I agree) that to be in a "state of ketosis" is very dangerous. Atkins and others think it's just fine.

:rolleyes:

JOJO

Top Banana
Jun 28, 2001
Superior, CO
(this is mbc)

Ketosis is basically when you deprive your body of carbs, it turns to fat for energy. It's the controversial basis for the Atkins diet. Lots of people think (and I agree) that to be in a "state of ketosis" is very dangerous. Atkins and others think it's just fine.

Well said. :D

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
(this is mbc)

I had a friend that did the "Atkins" thingy... when he stopped, and went back to a more normal diet, he developed the WORST GAS!!!
Still has it too... I think that he F'd up his whole digestive system.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Originally posted by JOJO
Make sure you are drinking a ton of water since you are taking in so much protein .... (too little h2o with that much protein causes Ketosis)

Also, dont cut fat out all together.

Just my 2 cents:)
Good advice! I drink at least 100 ounces of water a day. :) We have flax seeds to eat when our diets are low in fat, but they are just too nasty to eat. I've been thinking of trying flax seed oil.

Deyv

Deyvil
Mar 26, 2002
Montreal

Good advice! I drink at least 100 ounces of water a day. :) We have flax seeds to eat when our diets are low in fat, but they are just too nasty to eat. I've been thinking of trying flax seed oil.
Wow. you guys are taking this seriously! I should also since I seem to loose all the muscle build at the gym on my rides!